Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Thievery Forums > Thievery Discussion > Thievery Guilds

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10th Mar 2005, 01:50 AM   #31
fridae
Member
 
fridae's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Arkham asylum
Posts: 115
you really got my goat this time.

Spamslayer, is it your insinuation that anyone (the majority of the thievery community and nearly all of the admins) who accuses you and your siblings of cheating and/or poor sportsmanship is jealous because you are better than us, and can't face losing? I certainly hope you have some OTHER ideas as to why those traits apply to indus, since it's clear your attitude and conduct were unacceptable, and facilitated your cross server banning.

I'm not close to Indus, but your reaction to his distaste for having to compete with people who couldn't adhere to the simple server rules of the every day gameservers (a valid concern in my mind) is more than mildly disgusting to me. Especially when measured against the growing threat that your desire to win a tournament could potentially outweigh your desire to win public games, and could possibly give rise to even further "laming" or "hacking."

I won't be participating in TWIII, and even if I were, I wouldn't play with the people of questionable ethics from your household.
fridae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2005, 01:52 AM   #32
TafferBoy
Member
 
TafferBoy's Avatar
 
Registered: Mar 2003
Location: Canberra Australia
Posts: 2,225
I'm with Swiss and Fridae, you don't have to respond to that (Ss's post) Indus, you've got nothing to answer for.
You have vaild concerns and even if i disagree I respect the passion of your argument .

Last edited by TafferBoy; 10th Mar 2005 at 02:02 AM.
TafferBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2005, 05:40 AM   #33
Antero90
Member
 
Antero90's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Unreal Editor 2
Posts: 1,463
At this rate TW will end even before it starts. This is starting to sound A LOT like in the old witch hunt days.
As I see it it's pretty simple. Cheaters will be caught and burned. If you want to screw a banned player you pick up a server that will not unbann him.

Isnt it clear enough?

Once again I have to concede on LR on this one. Competitive playing (aka pro) just ruins the fun.
Antero90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2005, 06:35 AM   #34
TafferBoy
Member
 
TafferBoy's Avatar
 
Registered: Mar 2003
Location: Canberra Australia
Posts: 2,225
feisty are we antero?
I don't see the tournament ending because of this and I don't see where competative play comes into it.
The show will go on.
TafferBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2005, 06:45 AM   #35
Machine
Member
 
Machine's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: TuF Forums
Posts: 5,829
Competitive play is still fun, the pressure is an aspect I personally find very exciting, even watching a match that a team I am a part of I find myself shouting at the screen. But, you and LR don't get the same rush, thats fine... everybody is different.
__________________
~TuF~
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2005, 07:14 AM   #36
Antero90
Member
 
Antero90's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Unreal Editor 2
Posts: 1,463
 Originally Posted by TafferBoy:
feisty are we antero?
I don't see the tournament ending because of this and I don't see where competative play comes into it.
The show will go on.
You are right. Why should I even care that you guys are blacklisting already? Im not even taking part of it.
Antero90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2005, 07:25 AM   #37
TafferBoy
Member
 
TafferBoy's Avatar
 
Registered: Mar 2003
Location: Canberra Australia
Posts: 2,225
yeh you shouldn't cos you clearly have no idea what you are talking about . In fact no players were 'blacklisted', despite an appeal to do so.
TafferBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2005, 09:46 AM   #38
LaughingRat
Member
 
LaughingRat's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,701
HAAHAAHAAAAAA!!!!

And you all wonder why I left?!?
LaughingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2005, 09:48 AM   #39
LaughingRat
Member
 
LaughingRat's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,701
 Originally Posted by Swiss Mercenary:
Blunt trauma has nothing on me.
Yeah, but it would INDELIBLY be your mug, then. Not to mention being fun.

OMG, double post!
LaughingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2005, 11:34 AM   #40
Swiss Mercenary
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Taking over the world - One mod at a time...
Posts: 3,407
 Originally Posted by LaughingRat:
And you all wonder why I left?!?
Come to think of it, no, not really.
__________________
 Originally Posted by Shug:
Dan, does this girl even know you? At all?
Swiss Mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2005, 06:21 PM   #41
Ghostly apparition
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,715
 Originally Posted by LaughingRat:
HAAHAAHAAAAAA!!!!

And you all wonder why I left?!?
Pretty sure I know the basic reason. Can't say I blame you.
Ghostly apparition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2005, 06:28 PM   #42
TafferBoy
Member
 
TafferBoy's Avatar
 
Registered: Mar 2003
Location: Canberra Australia
Posts: 2,225
 Originally Posted by LaughingRat:
HAAHAAHAAAAAA!!!!

And you all wonder why I left?!?
Because you never played the game anyway?
j/k
TafferBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2005, 06:28 PM   #43
BrokenArts
Administrator
 
BrokenArts's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Dallas
Posts: 4,712
So like anyway, back on topic.
BrokenArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2005, 06:41 PM   #44
LaughingRat
Member
 
LaughingRat's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,701
 Originally Posted by TafferBoy:
Because you never played the game anyway?
j/k
OK, you got me there.

 Originally Posted by BrokenArts:
So like anyway, back on topic.
Really?! You WANT this back on topic?
LaughingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2005, 06:48 PM   #45
modetwo
Webmaster
 
modetwo's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: .no
Posts: 5,059
 Originally Posted by LaughingRat:
Really?! You WANT this back on topic?
Please, respect the moderator.

This is what the topic is about, and discussions about why you left should go elsewhere. Hell, make a new thread if you really feel the urge to discuss it.
modetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2005, 11:49 PM   #46
LaughingRat
Member
 
LaughingRat's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,701
 Originally Posted by mOdEtWo:
Please, respect the moderator.

This is what the topic is about, and discussions about why you left should go elsewhere. Hell, make a new thread if you really feel the urge to discuss it.
Of course, my apologies. After all, the original topic was going SO smashingly!
LaughingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.