Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Thievery Forums > Thievery Discussion > Thievery Mapping

Old 16th Mar 2005, 11:02 PM   #1
Thebos

Need beta testers for TH-SC

After experimenting for two (or was it three?) years with UED and mapping in general, doing strange things to some poor map, the time apporaches to release ou time the wild. First I need a few people to test it out.

As far as eye candy, map still needs much work. I intend to release it in state close to what it is now, polishing it if enough people show interest. That aside, the map is fully playable. Before I release it, would like a few people to help work out a few playability kinks. Specifically:

1) Is the number of thieves and guards good? More? less?
2) How is the lighting? Where is it to well lit? Where is it to dark?
3) Anything bugs noted?
4) How does it play out?

I will be requesting that map not be shared, and that its secrets remain secret until released.
Would also be good if you have a broadband connection. Might tweek a few things between the time the map is first sent out, and the time of multiplayer test. The redirect on my server is fast- so any new version would download in about thirty seconds or so, but only if you have connection that can handle it.

Online testing would be within a a week or two- probably a weekday evening. I am US central time (GMT-6)

PM me if interested. I should respond by sometime Saturday.
Old 17th Mar 2005, 09:40 AM   #2
P!t BÁll

Originally Posted by Thebos:
After experimenting for two (or was it three?) years with UED and mapping in general, doing strange things to some poor map, the time apporaches to release ou time the wild. First I need a few people to test it out.

As far as eye candy, map still needs much work. I intend to release it in state close to what it is now, polishing it if enough people show interest. That aside, the map is fully playable. Before I release it, would like a few people to help work out a few playability kinks. Specifically:

1) Is the number of thieves and guards good? More? less?
2) How is the lighting? Where is it to well lit? Where is it to dark?
3) Anything bugs noted?
4) How does it play out?

I will be requesting that map not be shared, and that its secrets remain secret until released.
Would also be good if you have a broadband connection. Might tweek a few things between the time the map is first sent out, and the time of multiplayer test. The redirect on my server is fast- so any new version would download in about thirty seconds or so, but only if you have connection that can handle it.

Online testing would be within a a week or two- probably a weekday evening. I am US central time (GMT-6)

PM me if interested. I should respond by sometime Saturday.
sounds interested....pm me where and what time i want to help u so i have much time

cya online urs P!t BÁll

-)(Please klick if u want to see a private foto of my skin)(-
P!t BÁll is offline   Reply With Quote