X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuzzy Bunny
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Donator View Post
    For now, I got working a flamethrower gastank (modded-flamer has a single big 500 shot 'clip', and a new alt fire projectile attack that lays down firemine-like 'firewall-pieces' but eats tons of ammo)
    Does it have a new model showing the gas tank? If so, what happens when that marine gets shot in the tank or lit on fire?
    Based on a true story.
    The prequel.

Comment

• PsiSoldier28
      • Feb 2006

What about, for the tesla gun, a "tesla-bomb" altfire? Like a stun grenade, and does a fair bit of damage too. Also what about it having say, 3-5 second 'fuse'?
      http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...isoldier28.png

Comment

• Fuzzy Bunny
        • Sep 2004

How about a Tesla shock combo?
        Based on a true story.
        The prequel.

Comment

• Donator
          • Jul 2004

movement penalty...
          will try to implement a movement penalty for the gastank and nuclear battery, although it might take some hacking, since those are inventory items, not weapons

Flamer ducttaping to rifle...
          complicated, but doable in theory. I don't see the benefit justifying the amount of work needed to do it properly though.

pistol + flashlight...
          easy. but projectile weapons don't work too well with autoaim. Some other/additional bonus would be nice.

cooling unit for mustard...
          simple. that one goes in.

belt fed autogun / mustard...
          easy as well, basically the same the gastank does to the flamer. but you hardly ever need to reload those guns anyway, so it's not that much of a spectacular bonus.

totally unrelated stuff...
          go make your own threads please.

laser/chainsaw/whatever bayonett...
          in theory it is possible to modify the properties of the melee attack per weapon, like the mustard does, but unfortunately this'd require a custom gameinfo. So unless this turns into another campaign: nope.

throw flare alt fire...
          sounds good. maybe for the modded hunter rifle.

rifle with firenades / riflenades for shotgun...
          this wouldn't qualify for an improvement really. and since the mod kit takes up a big slot, just taking another weapon instead would be the wiser move.

double-barrel shotgun
          interesting. will do some testing.

explosive gastank / visible attachment
          sounds good. this goes on the priority list as well.

tesla-bomb/tesla shock-combo
          did some tests with the shock combo, works nicely. though A) it's a cheap idea copy and B) it's quite hard not to blast yourself to smithereens. guess I'll rather focus development on an independent projectile attack.

Comment

• westy
            • Aug 2006

How about a rapid fire module for the rifles, that makes them fire at a faster rate, i.e. uses ammo faster, but does more damage as a result.

Incendary rounds that set the aliens on fire when they hit. A suitible drawback might be needed for that one though.

Are you planning to have the "belt feed" and "flame tank" as like primary / secondary equipment and other smaller mods as Extra items? Or will all the mods take up a large inventory slot?
            Kept an xmas avatar for 3 year(s).

Comment

• Donator
              • Jul 2004

For the sake of not unnecessarily clogging up the loadout screen, there will only be one 'Weapon Mod Kit' big slot item that can be used to power up any compatible weapon and is destroyed after use (with likely the exception of the flamer gas tank to remain a seperate item because of various extra functions). What this item basically does, is destroy your current weapon, remember various variables like ammo or number of clips, and then create a new weapon in your inventory (the 'amped' subclass).

Comment

• Ark
                • Oct 2006

i got two suggestions:

1. how about an additional piece of armor that protects the marine as a secondary item? would be useful for the guy leading the team as "the tank"

2. i somehow feel like the standard rifle uses too much ammo, it should be a little bit better #

thats all for now!

Comment

• DeadorK
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by 10min View Post
                  i got two suggestions:

1. how about an additional piece of armor that protects the marine as a secondary item? would be useful for the guy leading the team as "the tank"
                  "the tank"? A bit too much World of Warcraft? Will the medics be known as "the priest"?. Soon we'll be getting the blue rifles and getting the next quest from the rebelling alien.
                  Blow me Away. A good song.

Comment

• Donator
                    • Jul 2004

Additional armor would probably have to be coded into the TakeDamage() function of the AoMarine base class, I don't see an easy way of implementing it without a custom gameinfo. Besides, if you want to tank, just take a shieldbelt.

Comment

• Fuzzy Bunny
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DeadorK View Post
                      Will the medics be known as "the priest"?
                      I've always thought of them more as clerics.
                      Based on a true story.
                      The prequel.

Comment

• Ark
                        • Oct 2006

the idea of pistol +40 healing is old i know
                        somehow i dont like the idea of the shieldbelt..i like the equipment to be not too futuristic

Comment

• reemulmyu
                          • Jul 2004

you wont be using it then ,in the future all the weapons will be futuristic, mostly
                          also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

• Ki!ler-Mk1
                            • Apr 2005

Flamer ducttaping to rifle...
                            complicated, but doable in theory. I don't see the benefit justifying the amount of work needed to do it properly though.

laser/chainsaw/whatever bayonett...
                            in theory it is possible to modify the properties of the melee attack per weapon, like the mustard does, but unfortunately this'd require a custom gameinfo.
                            Just use the weapon that the aliens have, its possible for marines to get it in the weapons locker for ut2004
                            Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• lightfoot
                              • Oct 2005

You could as well give it to the marines with a pickup. But I think it would need at least a pickup subclass to make it less flawed.

But yes, the AoAlienClaw class seems to be able to be modded into a melee weapon. Methinks you could even bash in some doors with it, that cant be breached by shooting.

A good idea, but not what Don is at, I guess.

Comment

• DeadorK
                                • Apr 2006

How about 2 rifles taped together? Ripley ftw!
                                Blow me Away. A good song.

Comment

Working...
                                X