Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 56er
    • Jul 2010

Maybe the best solution would be if the devs changed the chance of ignition over time. So if you start with lets say 50% chance to ignite a drone, after 2 secondes of fire the chance is already at 80% so you have the effect of "burning" them, because you will do dmg, even if the don't burn. So they ether burn to death by your flames, or be themself, being ignited by you.

Comment

• Razumen
      • May 2005

There's a few things I feel are a bit wrong with the flamethrower, one of the main things right now is that the burn counter is not reset after subsequent hits, making every hit past the first pretty much pointless. There's not much point to continually flame something if you've already set it on fire, and each burst does nothing to lengthen the burn time.

So because every burst after the first is pretty much pointless, you might as well just run around and let them chase you till the burn runs out, then puff them again. I've seen players continually flame a drone on insane, and then all of a sudden it's not on fire anymore - it just doesn't make sense.

On a more drastic note, I feel that the game simply handles the flamethrower wrong.

In my mind if I was using a flamethrower on something continuously it would do a lot more damage to it than just hitting it with a short puff. Right now, the game pretty much requires that you puff and run, rather than the more logical flame and kill.

What I'm saying basically, is that getting hit by the flamethrower should do more overall damage than the burning afterward.

In addition, getting hit by the flamethrower should slow down the alien, but if you stop before it's dead, the flames will make it frenzy and faster. This change would make Telsa a bit more unique as well.

Comment

• Kein
        • Apr 2009

There's a few things I feel are a bit wrong with the flamethrower, one of the main things right now is that the burn counter is not reset after subsequent hits
        Totally agree, make no sense at all.

Comment

• Junglist
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Razumen View Post
          I've seen players continually flame a drone on insane, and then all of a sudden it's not on fire anymore.
          I would say that is the only problem with the flamer.

Comment

Working...
          X