X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schleicher
    • Jun 2003

Heres a box with a light and a player start

Hammer is great regarding brush building but some other stuff is stupefyingly overcomplex. Yes place the file into what/screwyou/blabla/whatwasievendoin then make a .txt file in /ohgod/whatthehell/aaargh and fill it with 2000 lines of cryptic shit so you can have a stupid objective pic. Also that sound file doesnt work because it has a property assigned in another file buried 200 miles under a Balrogs ass.

Anyways i actually got a map done, heres some pics, uploading to swarm armory atm, will post link asap

Basically you wreck stuff in the upper floors of a skyscraper. Pictures arent that good but i couldnt cheat like in the editor and got constantly mauled :<

Here we go. Bet you cant rambo this >:p
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Schleicher; 20 Aug 2010, 01:58 AM. Reason: yaya
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map
  • NeuroFunkeR
    • Jan 2010

do not like the textures.

Comment

• Machine
      • Jan 2003

Nice work GRRR
      ~TuF~

Comment

• Keggie
        • Aug 2005

lol! are those thievery textures!! what a great idea lol /makes aquatone for swarm.... wait a min thats not a bad idea... hack the system to open doors near the armory, swarm egg's at director bedroom.. download information at guests rooms, wait for the lift at the end, could have slow motion lift same as the elevator mission for current swarm... i think that would be awsome map for swarm lol

Originally posted by Schleicher View Post
        Hammer is great regarding brush building but some other stuff is stupefyingly overcomplex. Yes place the file into what/screwyou/blabla/whatwasievendoin then make a .txt file in /ohgod/whatthehell/aaargh and fill it with 2000 lines of cryptic shit so you can have a stupid objective pic. Also that sound file doesnt work because it has a property assigned in another file buried 200 miles under a Balrogs ass.

haha totaly agree, also the fact if the pictures/text file arnt quite right you have to fully load the game and mission just to check.. and for creating custom actors too.. unrealed is just click, new, name it, off we go with some custom code.. theres several actors i want to make for swarm but iv not found how to do it yet.. been told it's a case of creating your own mod and changing hammer to fit with it or somthing.. AND if you change the custom scripts like i did to see how they work just for your map, ( i just gave jump boots a higher use count) then if my map's loaded in addon section i cannot connect to other servers.. i also miss the mylevel from unrealed.. brushbuilding and the I/O trigger system are really good tho

Originally posted by Schleicher View Post
        Basically you wreck stuff in the upper floors of a skyscraper. Pictures arent that good but i couldnt cheat like in the editor and got constantly mauled :<
        for taking the picture asw_ClearHouse command should remove all bugs, not tried it tho, might need that sv_cheats 1 too

nice looking map Schleicher /goes to have a play, did you make all the custom models too?
        [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
        Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
        AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
        Videos - YouTube

Comment

• Schleicher
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by keg View Post
          did you make all the custom models too?
          Those are HL2 Textures/models. Some might recognize Breens chair :p
          My leet Thievery Map
          My leet UT3 Map
          My leet AS Map

Comment

• NeuroFunkeR
            • Jan 2010

Aquatone in AS could be fun, anyone converts?

Comment

• Dread
              • Oct 2004

I'd recommend sticking to textures/props that are in the base or swarm SDK. Using props in games other users may not have or have installed will result in huge ERROR props appearing in their place, missing collision hulls along with huge purple/black checkers and other unwanted stuff. Unless you painstakingly ported it over and packaged it into your map, you'll want to stick with props and textures limited to that game.

Just a heads up, but that looks pretty good either way.
              The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Comment

• Schleicher
                • Jun 2003

Wouldnt have been able to make this with stock assets, but painstakingly is right ><
                Last edited by Schleicher; 20 Aug 2010, 09:44 PM.
                My leet Thievery Map
                My leet UT3 Map
                My leet AS Map

Comment

• Dalai
                  Project Lead
                  • May 2002

I couldn't figure out how to get into the server room or elevator and then I got eated by aliens.

Comment

• NeuroFunkeR
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Dalai View Post
                    I couldn't figure out how to get into the server room or elevator and then I got eated by aliens.
                    aliens have eaten Dalai? How dare they?

Comment

• Keggie
                      • Aug 2005

nice map schleicher like the map overview

Originally posted by Dalai View Post
                      you click the little button next to the elevator, small little dot on the wall, you might have to complete the egg hunt first.. dont know, i had at that point, then the button inside to take you up, hack the big thing up top, then the hack pannel appears on the side of the room to open that door
                      [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
                      Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
                      AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
                      Videos - YouTube

Comment

• Schleicher
                        • Jun 2003

Oh my. My map killed Dalai...got to be some way to milk that for more downloads >:p

Yeah the elevator button not being a standard prop seems to be kind of a problem i must admit, however any of the as buttons (or HL2) looked kinda..silly there. I thought it would be obvious enough, but i guess i was wrong c.c;

You can go up there anytime, but it needs everyone inside to prevent certain problems which would arise from people dicking around with the elevator while on different floors

Thanks for playing keg. AND Dalai of course XD
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Schleicher; 24 Aug 2010, 09:04 AM. Reason: woops
                        My leet Thievery Map
                        My leet UT3 Map
                        My leet AS Map

Comment

Working...
                        X