Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Thievery Forums > Thievery Discussion > Thievery Guilds

Closed Thread

Old 4th Mar 2005, 08:17 PM   #1
okih-imus

TW3 : Mockers vs. STAMPEDE - Move 1 - Flats

I - Matches must be scheduled within the first three days of the move. If a match is not scheduled during that period, the defending team will provide, before the end of the third day, a list of five four hour timeslots on different days that they would be available to play. The attacking team will pick, before the end of the fourth day, a two hour period during one of the provided timeslots for the match to be played.

Well I'm not sure what day it is, but I'll give time slots.

ALL TIMES ARE -5:00GMT
3/5/05 - 8:00AM to Noon
3/6/05 - 2:30PM to 6:30PM
3/11/05 - 7:00PM to 11:00PM
3/12/05 - 8:00AM to Noon
3/13/05 - 2:30PM to 6:30PM
Old 4th Mar 2005, 09:13 PM   #2
TafferBoy

3/12/05 - 8:00AM to Noon - i'm thinking this will be the best date, this weekend is out of the question because of our other match and other commitments. keeping in mine that i'm 16 hours ahead of your team, this match will be on;
Sunday: Noon -> 4pm for me
Sunday: 11am -> 3pm for Shug, Rodez
I'm not sure about our other players but we should at least be able to field a team.
As for a 2hour period in that time slot the latter 2 hours would be better, but i'll get back to you on that.
Old 8th Mar 2005, 02:32 PM   #3
TafferBoy

Just to finialise the Match time for Saturday the 12/3 (or 3/12 ) 10am - Noon GMT -5. A server still needs to be organised, and we'll need to know if you plan to use Teamspeak. We do, which entitles you to someone listening in on our channel. (mockers.servebeer.com).
Immortius will be spectating for our team.

Last edited by TafferBoy; 8th Mar 2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10th Mar 2005, 05:19 PM   #4
okih-imus

That time seems great for me.
That's
3/12/05: 10:00AM - Noon
Saturday, the 12th of March in -5:00GMT time.
Old 11th Mar 2005, 09:02 AM   #5
FatRatHead

I know it's not most suitable, but the rule of forfeit could and should take part in here.
Old 11th Mar 2005, 09:35 AM   #6
Machine

Barman! A pint of your finest bitter if you would!

TuF TS now has channels for teams if they require. If I am around during this and other matches I shall be availible for speccing. Good luck to both teams.
Old 11th Mar 2005, 10:29 AM   #7
WildBill

Originally Posted by FatRatHead:
I know it's not most suitable, but the rule of forfeit could and should take part in here.
No, it shouldn't. Note the defending team having provided timeslots. Note the attacking team having chosen one. Now, this did happen a day late, but I said I'd be a bit forgiving with deadlines this time around.

A bit forgiving, however, does not extent to completely ignoring a match for six days. Get over your mistake already, this is getting old.
Old 11th Mar 2005, 12:58 PM   #8
FatRatHead

Yeah, only for five days ... Sorry, but it's stupid.
Old 11th Mar 2005, 01:47 PM   #9
WildBill

Yeah, only for five days ... Sorry, but it's stupid.
There's something fundamental you're missing here -- I will be as clear as I possibly can be.

In this case, Oki -- as the apparent leader of the defending team -- posted a selection of timeslots his team would be available to match. This was a day late, but as I've repeatedly said, I'm being lenient with deadlines this time. Several hours later TafferBoy, having assumed control of the Mockers, picks one of Oki's timeslots, but delays picking the actual start time until later. Oki had no issue with this, and gave them that delay as a courtesy.

Contrast this with your case. Oki posts a thread suggesting some possible times, and NLDW completely ignores that match for six days, refusing to even respond. There's no attempt to schedule the match, and NLDW, as the defender, completely failed in their obligation to provide timeslots.

Since the moves are only fifteen days, delays like that -- even when I'm being lenient -- are completely unacceptable, especially when one team absolutely refuses to communicate. Hence the forfeit of Korman to Stampede.

I realize that this doesn't make you happy, but I think it's fairly clear where the fault lies. Don't stall with scheduling matches in the future -- that's what the forced scheduling rule was designed to counter.
Old 11th Mar 2005, 02:18 PM   #10
FatRatHead

I think you're going too far. There was only one day difference, both were after the deadline and the fact how many days after deadline is irrelevant.

Last edited by FatRatHead; 11th Mar 2005 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11th Mar 2005, 02:50 PM   #11
LaughingRat

I think you're going too far. There was only one day difference, both were after the deadline and the fact how many days after deadline is irrelevant. Stop being an ass, that's what I wanted to say, said the honest and brief way.
Here's an idea: Drop out of the tournament, if you can't handle it being adjudicated in a fair and reasonable way, have no concept of responsibility for your own (in)actions, and are incapable of basic courtesy.

No one's forcing you to play but yourself, man. Err, boy.
Old 11th Mar 2005, 02:55 PM   #12
FatRatHead

I entered this tournament because it was supposed to have SOME rules, you know solid rules. It turned out to be a ruleless tournament where one man can do whatever he wants. I only want to get what they promised to give me (more or less).
Old 11th Mar 2005, 03:02 PM   #13
LaughingRat

I entered this tournament because it was supposed to have SOME rules, you know solid rules. It turned out to be a ruleless tournament where one man can do whatever he wants. I only want to get what they promised to give me (more or less).
I'm sorry, I missed the part where you FOLLOWED the rules, and then got shafted any way. Could you please point that part out to me?
Old 11th Mar 2005, 03:05 PM   #14
FatRatHead

It's ok when I get sanctions for breaking rules, but why doesn't the other side get the same punishment for breaking the same rule the same way???
Old 11th Mar 2005, 03:20 PM   #15
LaughingRat

It's ok when I get sanctions for breaking rules, but why doesn't the other side get the same punishment for breaking the same rule the same way???
I bet if someone had broken the rules the same way you did, they'd have been sanctioned the same way. But look at the facts:

Stampede was 1 day late.
NLDW was 3 days late.

Stampede, although late, made a good faith effort to schedule their match.
NLDW: *crickets*

Stampede has treated the arbiter with courtesy and respect.
NLDW (or at least you) has insulted and flamed (though now edited out).

You're not comparing apples and oranges here, son, you're comparing apples and diesel locomotives.
Old 11th Mar 2005, 04:11 PM   #16
FatRatHead

No. Rules say if they don't choose time until end of the fourth day the forfeit rule takes it's place. It's not important how late, improtant is it was late. Our team told Bill we can give them the time slots (being late if it has some importance), but he told us to not bother.
Old 11th Mar 2005, 04:19 PM   #17
LaughingRat

No. Rules say if they don't choose time until end of the fourth day the forfeit rule takes it's place. It's not important how late, improtant is it was late. Our team told Bill we can give them the time slots (being late if it has some importance), but he told us to not bother.
How late most certainly IS important. It's what WB is basing his judgement of what is too late on. Are you saying that, with a 15 day move time, someone who's, say, 13 days late should STILL be allowed to schedule their match? Because that's what "It's not important how late" means.

I'll also bring up this:
 Originally Posted by WildBill:
VII - I am the sole and final arbiter of this tournament. Any issue will be resolved by me, and my word is final.
That condition was stated at the beginning, before you ever signed up. If you're unprepared to abide by it, you had no business joining the tournament in the first place.

In this case, as the sole and final arbiter of the tournament, WB has stated that he's being lenient on deadlines at first, and that one day falls within that leniency, and three doesn't.

Presumably, you got into this to have fun. It seems like it's not much fun for you, which gets me back to my initial suggestion:

Quit.

Do yourself and everyone else a favor, and drop out of the tournament. It'll be less of a headache for you, and more importantly, for everyone else.

It's also worth noting that as sole and final arbiter, WB has the right to penalize you or your team for your continued insolence. So if you intend to take the adult route, and live with the consequences of your actions, you may want to consider shutting up about it, lest some other penalty or censure be levied.
Old 11th Mar 2005, 04:57 PM   #18
FatRatHead

Yes, you're right I better leave.

I quit!
<<<resigned in the middle of the match, but if thats my belief, it's the best thing.

Thanks for helping me out of this LR.
Old 11th Mar 2005, 05:49 PM   #19
LaughingRat

Thanks for helping me out of this LR.
Sure, man, no problem. I'm just doing my part to make this a better world.
Old 11th Mar 2005, 07:29 PM   #20
TafferBoy

Ok thanks for that enlightening discussion...

The main problem for us in organising this match was that we had 2 of our 3 main ranking players without access to computers/internet and the 3rd (me) was trying to celebrate my birthday with family and friends, so I apoligise if the organisation was a little late.

Originally Posted by Machine:
TuF TS now has channels for teams if they require. If I am around during this and other matches I shall be availible for speccing. Good luck to both teams.
Thx machine.
Old 11th Mar 2005, 08:31 PM   #21
okih-imus

Life comes before video games any day.
Is the server set?
Old 12th Mar 2005, 02:58 AM   #22
Shug

Grank has been contacted with our request.
Old 12th Mar 2005, 08:42 AM   #23
okih-imus

It's nearly 10:00AM now
Old 12th Mar 2005, 08:57 AM   #24
TafferBoy

seems to be a mix up with the times, and also we haven't got a server organised yet.

EDIT: The situation unfortunatly looks pretty unworkable at the moment, we have no server and a drastic miscalcuation of the match time.

We'll need to reschedule until we get word back from the admins about the discussed arrangment for the match, really sorry about the inconvience. . At this stadge does 10pm your time sound plausible? or any other time later today?

Last edited by TafferBoy; 12th Mar 2005 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12th Mar 2005, 09:19 AM   #25
okih-imus

Yes, 10PM sounds great
Old 12th Mar 2005, 09:42 AM   #26
TafferBoy

cheers Oki.
Old 12th Mar 2005, 11:01 AM   #27
daniel

would anyone mind if i was a spectator in this match?
Old 12th Mar 2005, 12:54 PM   #28
PhaeThorn

Location: This pwnage was given to you by 1 of 3 mutated thievery players.
 Originally Posted by daniel:
Would anyone mind if i was a spectator in this match...
.. and give the locations to my brother in the next room?

Disclaimer: Just kiding.
On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE
Old 12th Mar 2005, 04:07 PM   #29
TafferBoy

No we don't mind, you can also sit in on our TS channel and I we will be taking up Machine's offer to use TuF teamspeak.
Old 12th Mar 2005, 05:13 PM   #30
daniel

cool! thx

lol phae, now they will be supicious if i dont talk and mad at me if i do