Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Thievery Forums > Thievery Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 6th Mar 2005, 12:09 PM   #1
Grank
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Posts: 669
New Crackaz Server Rules

I've been thinking it over lately and have come to realize that this game has become quite lame. Inorder to restore gameplay back to its intended form I'm instituting some server rules.

No flash KOs.
No Crack then Arrow Kills.
No use of shadows that don't appear to be shadows.
No use of shadows that you can't be lit up by.
No guard hunting.
A Limit of one thief life per thief- you must immediately leave the server if you die as a thief.
No Aliasing.
No objective stacking.
No use of the abbreviations; "stfu" "newbie" "pwned" or variations. (this will keep it friendly)
No invis (and cat) KO's.
No ko'ing if your ping is above 400.
No arrowing if your ping is below 100.
No shadow slashing.
English only.

There are several players helping me police these new rules. Among them are all of CrkZ, Shug, Rodent and WildBill. Any violation of the rules will result in a kick followed by a ban for any repeat offenses.
Grank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2005, 12:10 PM   #2
Shug
Member
 
Shug's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Play Hard. Go Pro.™
Posts: 3,293
Amen.

Enough of the old scrub rule rubbish.
__________________
Nightmaster,
.:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
- "until the cat is skinned"
Shug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2005, 12:16 PM   #3
Aggamemnon
Member
 
Aggamemnon's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 2,373
So.. speed ko's are fine then?
I also take it X-bow bug exploit is fine too eh.
__________________
How TuF are you?
League of Legends
Bloodbowl by Extensions
Aggamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2005, 12:31 PM   #4
PhaeThorn
Member
 
PhaeThorn's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: This pwnage was given to you by 1 of 3 mutated thievery players.
Posts: 2,229
lol

edit:

You should also add a rule for using alternative exit routes
__________________
On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE
PhaeThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2005, 12:34 PM   #5
Firetiger
Member
 
Firetiger's Avatar
 
Registered: Jun 2003
Location: Above your head moving at high speed.
Posts: 1,074
I've dealt with this imposter once before. This isn't grank. Grank was "Taken" by "Them". He exists only in the people's memory.
__________________
<-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...
Firetiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2005, 12:53 PM   #6
Citizen Erased
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: England
Posts: 174
This has got to be some kind of early april fools joke - or are the admins exempt from the rules themselves? No SS? How will shug cope :O

*Is both amazed and amused*

I still don't believe this is serious.
__________________
These days I find that I can't be bothered,
To argue with them - well what's the point?
Better to take you shots and drop down dead.
Citizen Erased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2005, 04:43 PM   #7
Machine
Member
 
Machine's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: TuF Forums
Posts: 5,829
Hahaha, I wonder what kicked this off!!

Could I possibly add another :

No Teamwork hacks.
__________________
~TuF~
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2005, 05:57 PM   #8
Chalrif
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Inside a sword
Posts: 298
Yes, I am to blame. I admit it. It's all my fault. I will come clean. Yesterday, on Asylum, I was guard hunting, and slew Grank thrice with a sword as a thief without dieing.
__________________
Still -)(The Chosen One)(-
Chalrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2005, 06:10 PM   #9
Hybrid
Member
 
Hybrid's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,957
You're allowed to make silly rules, but I'm not allowed to make Kings of the Desert Final Version 2? What's wrong with this place?
Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2005, 07:01 PM   #10
Hybrid
Member
 
Hybrid's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,957
Can it be the Power Plant stage music? I already have that one, and it's pretty cool, you know? With the strobe light and the techno going, it could be like some sort of screwed-up rave. OUTSIDE!
Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2005, 07:36 PM   #11
Hybrid
Member
 
Hybrid's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,957
Is such a boundary available in UEd? Please, answer me honestly and do not tease!
Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2005, 08:08 PM   #12
The Creator
Member
 
The Creator's Avatar
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Location: We are The Lemmings On The Run
Posts: 492
Thank god we still have firebolts.
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2005, 08:17 PM   #13
Ghostly apparition
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,715
hmm, thats quite a laundry list of new server rules there Grank.
Oh, and down further in the thread we have a disco Grange map complete with strobe lights and techno music. All we're missing is the disco
mirror ball.
I'm tossing around a few server rule ideas myself but I'm not quite ready to make them public
Ghostly apparition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2005, 08:40 PM   #14
Shug
Member
 
Shug's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Play Hard. Go Pro.™
Posts: 3,293
 Originally Posted by Citizen Erased:
No SS? How will shug cope :O
I think that's more Rodent's area than mine
__________________
Nightmaster,
.:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
- "until the cat is skinned"
Shug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2005, 10:21 PM   #15
Hybrid
Member
 
Hybrid's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,957
Raven manage to mash my Jaguar? I think not, my friend, for the Jaguar is quite easily the best fighting robot, can beat anything in 1 on 1 combat, and looks really cool in Battlegrounds('s dated graphics).

As for the grizzled tech, I think there are more important questions. Could he be our friend, David "Crash" Murphy? The holo-vids he speaks of when you do well in a battle could be saved demos from his bug-hunting days, where he practiced evasion, earned many Perfects, and few Blood Hearts. If you lose in a battle, he says "You're lucky I love my job." Perhaps his job is...HACKING THE PLANET?!

All of your ideas are taken to mind. Perhaps this dream can become a reality.

Edit

It has come to...someone's...attention, that Grank thought it was time to change the rules, and suggested that I work a little Salsa Magic to put words to pictures.



This ends the inside joke for those of you that have kept track of every single one of my binds.

Last edited by Hybrid; 6th Mar 2005 at 10:51 PM.
Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Mar 2005, 02:05 AM   #16
Machine
Member
 
Machine's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: TuF Forums
Posts: 5,829
LOL Salsa, priceless!
__________________
~TuF~
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Mar 2005, 01:10 PM   #17
ianflaer
Member
 
Registered: Feb 2005
Posts: 68
please help me understand some of these rules as I am a raw newbie.

ok we have:

No flash KOs. so I can't drop a flash bomb and then KO a guard? does that mean I could hack them with a sword or is escape the only option available? I've found that most of the time I drop a flash I get mauled anyway because they just keep coming and slashing

No Crack then Arrow Kills.
is this any worse then paralesys bolt then firebolt or even para then mace/regular bolt?

No use of shadows that don't appear to be shadows. ok I don't know where any of these are but if I find any I'll be sure not to use them.

No use of shadows that you can't be lit up by. see above.

No guard hunting. what exactly does this mean? I can't kill a guard? or just that in order to do so I have to walk out into the open light and duel with him? I don't get it.

A Limit of one thief life per thief- you must immediately leave the server if you die as a thief. is this because guards have more lives than thieves on most maps or what?

No Aliasing. ok I'm nobody that's the name I use and I'll stick to it

No objective stacking. what is this?

No use of the abbreviations; "stfu" "newbie" "pwned" or variations. (this will keep it friendly) I'm happy to see this, even though i don't know what "Pwned" means exactly. I don't mind being called a newbie or a noob even because it's true and the experienced guys should help me learn (I would hope)

No invis (and cat) KO's. what's a CAT KO? man it seems like thieves are being all but crippled here. even if I were to do all this stuff I would still get killed most of the time because I'm new and I suck. you mean cat fall potion? why?

No ko'ing if your ping is above 400. ok why? lag exploit?

No arrowing if your ping is below 100. so I can't use arrows on people (my ping is almost always about 90) how does this effect my shooting?

No shadow slashing. ok does this just mean blindly slashing through all the shadowed areas on the map? surely there must be a good way to counter this.

English only. ok not a problem 4 me

again please take no offense here I'm so new I don't know if I've stepped on any toes. I just don't understand why most of this is needed, and I'll be happy to be informed.
__________________
Game Console: " nobody killed .:M.Gladius with his nothing."
If you say "nobody is better than me" you are probably wrong and if you're right, you have no reason to brag!
ianflaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Mar 2005, 03:17 PM   #18
Firetiger
Member
 
Firetiger's Avatar
 
Registered: Jun 2003
Location: Above your head moving at high speed.
Posts: 1,074
I hate to be blunt here, but I think this is only for laughs ianflaer......
__________________
<-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...
Firetiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Mar 2005, 03:26 PM   #19
ianflaer
Member
 
Registered: Feb 2005
Posts: 68
oh good. you see, I'm that new. I didn't realize. thanx
__________________
Game Console: " nobody killed .:M.Gladius with his nothing."
If you say "nobody is better than me" you are probably wrong and if you're right, you have no reason to brag!
ianflaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Mar 2005, 04:29 PM   #20
Shug
Member
 
Shug's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Play Hard. Go Pro.™
Posts: 3,293
 Originally Posted by ianflaer:
No ko'ing if your ping is above 400. ok why? lag exploit?
It's because all us Australians are nasty hackers.

P.S. lollerskates, Salsie
__________________
Nightmaster,
.:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
- "until the cat is skinned"
Shug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2005, 02:55 AM   #21
Machine
Member
 
Machine's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: TuF Forums
Posts: 5,829
 Originally Posted by ianflaer:
No flash KOs. so I can't drop a flash bomb and then KO a guard? does that mean I could hack them with a sword or is escape the only option available? I've found that most of the time I drop a flash I get mauled anyway because they just keep coming and slashing
OMG your being hacked! Report immediatly.

 Quote:
No Crack then Arrow Kills.
is this any worse then paralesys bolt then firebolt or even para then mace/regular bolt?
No, because aiming a crack requires no skill, dispite the arc, and the big noise of "CREEEEEK" before you fire which sends everyone (clever) running in random directions. Aiming a para, which flies in a straightish line and requires no cocking does require skill. Thats why

 Quote:
No use of shadows that don't appear to be shadows. ok I don't know where any of these are but if I find any I'll be sure not to use them.
I would in fact disable thieves invisibility alltogether, I mean, I hide in a dark area and I don't magicly dissappear do I!

 Quote:
No guard hunting. what exactly does this mean? I can't kill a guard? or just that in order to do so I have to walk out into the open light and duel with him? I don't get it.
You cannot intentionally "hunt" guards, if you kill one even if you were not hunting we will insist you were, we'll tell you so much that you'll eventually believe it and confess to and admin who will ban you.

 Quote:
A Limit of one thief life per thief- you must immediately leave the server if you die as a thief. is this because guards have more lives than thieves on most maps or what?
New people suck, lets face it, the old veterns who take longer (normally) to use lives DESERVE those lives, because your new you should suffer.

 Quote:
No Aliasing. ok I'm nobody that's the name I use and I'll stick to it
Yes, I would go one step further, everyone must NEVER alias, I will join servers as "DanielWhite~TuF~" You must all comply.

 Quote:
No objective stacking. what is this?
You may not use parts of the environment which have been made movable to help yourself, this is because the devs made the object movable for no reason.

 Quote:
No use of the abbreviations; "stfu" "newbie" "pwned" or variations. (this will keep it friendly) I'm happy to see this, even though i don't know what "Pwned" means exactly. I don't mind being called a newbie or a noob even because it's true and the experienced guys should help me learn (I would hope)
I don't think anybody knows what "pwned" means I know I've done it when Its so hard I cry.

 Quote:
No invis (and cat) KO's. what's a CAT KO? man it seems like thieves are being all but crippled here. even if I were to do all this stuff I would still get killed most of the time because I'm new and I suck. you mean cat fall potion? why?
You may not use 130 loot to KO a single guard (who wakes up in 10 minutes anyway), 230 if you flash him too.

 Quote:
No ko'ing if your ping is above 400. ok why? lag exploit?
It is wrong people with > 400 ping can even play, nevermind KO.

 Quote:
No arrowing if your ping is below 100. so I can't use arrows on people (my ping is almost always about 90) how does this effect my shooting?
You become too accurate when your ping is below 100.

 Quote:
No shadow slashing. ok does this just mean blindly slashing through all the shadowed areas on the map? surely there must be a good way to counter this.
Nope there is NO WAY to counter this, anyone who swings their sword and misses a thief JUST ONCE is shadow slashing.

-Disclaimer : This is a JOKE-
__________________
~TuF~
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2005, 06:36 AM   #22
Brody
Member
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Registered: Mar 2003
Posts: 865
 Originally Posted by Salsa:


jukahey, finally ONE player i can expect to have on my servers. thank god.
__________________
A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Centre
Vietcong Customs Centre
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2005, 07:20 AM   #23
Machine
Member
 
Machine's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: TuF Forums
Posts: 5,829
HAHA Brody We wub your servers werry much!
__________________
~TuF~
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2005, 08:28 AM   #24
ianflaer
Member
 
Registered: Feb 2005
Posts: 68
LOL boy I walked into this one. all good fun.
__________________
Game Console: " nobody killed .:M.Gladius with his nothing."
If you say "nobody is better than me" you are probably wrong and if you're right, you have no reason to brag!
ianflaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2005, 08:47 AM   #25
BrokenArts
Administrator
 
BrokenArts's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Dallas
Posts: 4,712
Is it Aprils fool yet?
BrokenArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2005, 09:33 AM   #26
modetwo
Webmaster
 
modetwo's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: .no
Posts: 5,059
 Originally Posted by BrokenArts:
Is it Aprils fool yet?
Yes, you probably should have saved it for later, Grank.
modetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2005, 04:27 PM   #27
Shug
Member
 
Shug's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Play Hard. Go Pro.™
Posts: 3,293
Grank waits for NO MAN.
__________________
Nightmaster,
.:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
- "until the cat is skinned"
Shug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2005, 09:16 AM   #28
LaughingRat
Member
 
LaughingRat's Avatar
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,701
 Originally Posted by Grank:
I've been thinking it over lately and have come to realize that this game has become quite lame. Inorder to restore gameplay back to its intended form I'm instituting some server rules.

No flash KOs.
No Crack then Arrow Kills.
No use of shadows that don't appear to be shadows.
No use of shadows that you can't be lit up by.
No guard hunting.
A Limit of one thief life per thief- you must immediately leave the server if you die as a thief.
No Aliasing.
No objective stacking.
No use of the abbreviations; "stfu" "newbie" "pwned" or variations. (this will keep it friendly)
No invis (and cat) KO's.
No ko'ing if your ping is above 400.
No arrowing if your ping is below 100.
No shadow slashing.
English only.

There are several players helping me police these new rules. Among them are all of CrkZ, Shug, Rodent and WildBill. Any violation of the rules will result in a kick followed by a ban for any repeat offenses.

I'm LaughingRat, and I disapproved this message. Hell, I disapprove of the entire thread.

*sprays entire thread with GrankAway*
LaughingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2005, 09:40 AM   #29
The Creator
Member
 
The Creator's Avatar
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Location: We are The Lemmings On The Run
Posts: 492
Perhaps we may get two AF jokes from Grank this year
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2005, 11:42 AM   #30
Swiss Mercenary
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Taking over the world - One mod at a time...
Posts: 3,407
 Originally Posted by LaughingRat:
I'm LaughingRat
Lies... LR has sailed away from the troubles of this forum into the West...

Wait...
__________________
 Originally Posted by Shug:
Dan, does this girl even know you? At all?
Swiss Mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.