Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Thievery Forums > Thievery Discussion > Thievery Guilds

Old 23rd Nov 2006, 11:51 PM   #1
~CaTBuRgLaR~

-=:ToB:=- Tears of Blood Thread

Heh yeah, all you ToB members (if there are anymore left....) post here! ... yeah... um, anyway, the question is, is ToB still alive?? Because if it is who is the new leader? I have a request, I'd like to expand ToB to alien vs. predator 2 but as the ehem acting leader of the clan there, like a second leader? But for that game only, yeah it's a stupid idea but hear me out.

Seeing as though it's nearly impossible for me to play thievery i was thinking about other games, it'd be nice for other TUT players to play other games too, or other ToB members X_X *shrugs* I'm just a little sad ya know? I haven't been part of anything like a clan in a long time; I'm not counting ToB because it's like in limbo practically, dead and alive at the same time... I feel kinda lonely that's all… heh, don't mind me, I'll just go back to my corner and sulk
Old 24th Nov 2006, 12:52 PM   #2
industrialism

Cat I thought this was all ready cleared up with you, the majority of what was tob have moved on and have no further interest in Thievery and to be frank haven’t played TuT for years, myself Sneaky and Spider have chosen not to renew the forums and therefore the website is basically gone for good, we will see what NB has to offer before we consider giving tob life again (Creating forums, and calling back Mia’s) etc.
Currently there are a few that drop by and play tut that still retain the guild tag, but for the most part tob is dormant and will not become a guild again until NB is dropped and has something to offer us that pulls us all together again, & any reincarnation of tob will be led by myself.
industrialism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2006, 06:16 PM   #3
~CaTBuRgLaR~

Heh okay whatever. I suppose it's time to put away yet another clan tag for now... I guess I'll go clan hunting elsewhere until nb then, heh or make my own clan o_O anyway, alright I didn't know you had cleared that up? I must've not read it, whatever, good games
Old 28th Nov 2006, 02:42 AM   #4
Spidey

Yeah..I think we posted it in a few different spots on the TOB site. I still check Thievery probably once every night to see if anyone's on. If I see somebody's on, I jump in. If not I play another game for a bit then work on my newb Neverwinter Nights Thief module, which I intend to have in a 'beta' form by Xmas.

I recently finished No One Lives Forever 2 and enjoyed its thiefiness and the movies in between each mission. There's a walkthrough here to get you through the few annoying parts. I wish they allowed the crossbow more throughout the game, or allowed you to use the mascara stun gun on the cops instead of having to let them kill you when you're cornered.

http://www.gamepublic.com/link/?481812

That's way off topic. Somebody ban me!

I have Alien Vs. Predator 2, so e-mail me Cat. It's been a good year since I've used my newb Predator skills. Dunno how many other TUTers or TOBers have it though. Or...maybe we could get a group together and play...Thievery? OMG?!!!
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2006, 04:04 AM   #5
FistaKufs
formerly HomeSkillet

It's sad that indust will be the only ToB member when or if NB comes out. Tell you what i have no problem reppin that tag in thievery. You know i mean you can't be the leader of just a one person guild. No i'm not saying i'm in ToB i'll just be reppin that tag is all.
Old 28th Nov 2006, 10:19 AM   #6
Machine

TuF recruited most of ToB during the fallout of '05. Sorry.
Old 28th Nov 2006, 12:09 PM   #7
Thebos

Originally Posted by HomeSkillet: ( link to post ) 
It's sad that indust will be the only ToB member when or if NB comes out. Tell you what i have no problem reppin that tag in thievery. You know i mean you can't be the leader of just a one person guild. No i'm not saying i'm in ToB i'll just be reppin that tag is all.
No need for you to rip the guild that way- Indus will not be the only one. Based on discussion from the old ToB forum, it is likely I will be the last ToB member to play thievery regularly.
Old 28th Nov 2006, 12:27 PM   #8
FatRatHead

Well, I've seen you on the other month, although, it is not often, it may be regular if you show up this month as well...
FatRatHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2006, 01:53 PM   #9
industrialism

Originally Posted by TheMachine: ( link to post ) 
TuF recruited most of ToB during the fallout of '05. Sorry.
Lmao
You recruited Ducky; the guild slut - so what?
Old 28th Nov 2006, 06:47 PM   #10
~CaTBuRgLaR~

Spider: OMG Play AVP2 with meeeee!!

Indust: I was under the impression that I was the guild... err flirt LOL j/k I wouldn't want that title anyway

Homo: What do you mean by reppin?? lol

Fatrathead: I was on tut last week, of course I didn't play because that's impossible for me right now but I stayed a while and chatted (is that a word?) with some people

Themachine: Not vewy nice
Old 29th Nov 2006, 02:35 AM   #11
Vigilant

Originally Posted by industrialism:
Ducky; the guild slut
isn't that a wee bit insulting? What is wrong with being in two guilds at the same time if their members aren't against it? Or switching guilds? I don't get ya...
Vigilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2006, 04:13 AM   #12
Machine

Ducky is awesome, anyone who thinks different is a fool.

Cat : We're starting to play AvP2 over Hamachi soon, private games with a bunch of the people on these forums - check the links in my signature for details. The forums are up and down at the moment because Chainsaws bunged up a nostril.

Indus : Down boy!! GOOOOOOD BOOOYY! <pats head>
Old 29th Nov 2006, 07:20 AM   #13
Shug

err, why wasn't I invited to some guild type bickering
Shug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2006, 09:09 AM   #14
Machine

Because your guild is full of poofters
Old 29th Nov 2006, 11:57 AM   #15
Spidey

I'm of the mindset that TOB is dead and so is Thievery. But Sneaky, Thebos and Industrialism could all bring it back for Night-Blade (if and when).

Homeskillet, please do represent the TOB tag. Now that our website is gone, we need someone to carry on the torch of immaturity we've been sorely lacking. Maybe you'll even find some people to play against.

It's good to see that petty name-calling toward our guild remain by people with less than credible reputations, despite the fact that nobody's playing Thievery anymore.

I hope to see a TUF thread opened so the Thievery community can sing the praises of that guild as well.

For the record, I have enjoyed the few times I've been able to play with Ducky, and fondly recall guarding spider-duck eggs with him on th-Payback.
Old 29th Nov 2006, 01:59 PM   #16
industrialism

Originally Posted by Vigilant: ( link to post ) 
isn't that a wee bit insulting? What is wrong with being in two guilds at the same time if their members aren't against it? Or switching guilds? I don't get ya...
Vigilant myself and Ducky have been in two guilds together all ready,
“Slut” (the understanding of that word when used normally would mean) s/he, they get around, and in this context I’m saying Ducky has been in more guilds - that I now gather than even you knew about.

I wasn’t insulting Ducky on these boards we have no problems, me and dux go way back…lawl.

You know nothing of the past and sadly misinterpreted my words, but I respect what your saying and calling me on the short sarcastic sentence; miss ambassador of the Polish & European peace in general, but seriously can I eat you out?

Hey what Bandy bollocks doesn’t know won’t hurt right?

Originally Posted by TheMachine: ( link to post ) 
Indus : Down boy!! GOOOOOOD BOOOYY! <pats head>
“Indus… I am your guild master!”
“Nooooooooo”
“We can rule the thievery galaxy elitesit - TOGETHER1!1”

Fuck off machine LMAO, anyone with any sense knows the whole competitive arguing and full circle of problems that thievery suffered from, will only come full circle when NB is released; its in the blood of all these guilds- Edit: this is merely friendly banter before the storm
Old 29th Nov 2006, 02:03 PM   #17
Machine

Spider : It's good to see that despite TUT being dead, your still passionate about your guild and will defend it even when I'm not attacking it! even when I openly invite you to join us in gaming!

Evening with icons it appears that people still think I'm not joking!

Here, have an ice cube! Let me take that chip from your shoulder for ya buddy.

Indus : I didn't read past "eat you" but in response to your post, Yes.
Old 29th Nov 2006, 03:36 PM   #18
DiP

Feel free to join MbR if your wanting an active guild
Old 29th Nov 2006, 05:40 PM   #19
Shug

You jumped the gun a bit there Spides, now he's not even going to say anything nasty about ToB
Old 29th Nov 2006, 07:32 PM   #20
TafferBoy

so... Ducky offers paid sex?
TafferBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2006, 10:19 PM   #21
~CaTBuRgLaR~

...Wow this topic got kinda off track LOL oh well, mindless rambling is fun and makes me feel better I'll probably stay in ToB once NB comes out that is if my crappy computer can handle it lol
Old 30th Nov 2006, 02:22 AM   #22
Vigilant

Originally Posted by industrialism:
You know nothing of the past and sadly misinterpreted my words
Well I read a lot, and you could be suprised how much I know about it, but I won't be trying to prove it to you or anybody. Well maybe I misinterpreted your words....like umm...again? But I still got a feeling that it may always be a nice excuse to those "harmless" little names you call ppl sometimes, believe me even if I'm polish and may not get your sense of humour correctly ( well, I'm not used to calling ppl sluts in polish, even in a friendly manner ), there are other ppl who get the same feeling.

I'm not looking for an argument here as you said I'm
 Quote:
miss ambassador of the Polish & European peace in general
rofl, I just like to be in good realtionship with most ppl. It's not bad isn't it?

And bravo indu, you finally found out where the emots are. That post about Ducky lacked them a bit, maybe that's why it was confusing...Your reply above shows an improvement. lol

Quote:
seriously can I eat you out?
Not even if you'd make me completely drunk. Eat this seriously very very seriously
Vigilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2006, 03:29 AM   #23
Machine

DENIED! (hugs Grimmy)
Old 30th Nov 2006, 03:45 AM   #24
FistaKufs
formerly HomeSkillet

Originally Posted by SPIDER: ( link to post ) 
Homeskillet, please do represent the TOB tag. Now that our website is gone, we need someone to carry on the torch of immaturity we've been sorely lacking. Maybe you'll even find some people to play against.
lmfao that was the funniest thing i've heard all night.
Old 1st Dec 2006, 02:15 AM   #25
Spidey

Meh.

TUT is an overly-beaten dead horse, and so are the guild vs. guild arguments.

Machine, I'm not even all that passionate about it. I see it as an incredible waste of time. I jumped into this thread to get in touch with some old guildmates only to find you and Homeskillet tripping over themselves in a hurry to throw the first stone. I saw the invite to play, but I also see how quick you both are to put us down. I don't think our guild deserves that kind of treatment and I am very defensive when I feel we're being attacked.

Imagine if I joined the TUF boards only to 'joke' about how awful you guys are? I know this isn't a TOB only forum, but this thread is concerning TOB. I think I have a pretty good sense of humor, but a put down isn't necessarily funny, even when you put a at the end of it. I guess if you occasionally said something positive about our guild, I wouldn't have my panties in a bind.

Are Machine and Indy still in hate with each other?

Regarding AVP2, I played about 4 hours straight of it today. I actually feel a bit sick from all the wall-climbing and turning around, but I think I've got a decent attack routine as an alien. Machine, maybe if you and I and Catburglar could swarm on hopelessly outnumbered Marines and eat their heads, I can melt this ice chip on my shoulder.
Old 1st Dec 2006, 02:32 AM   #26
Machine

That would be good spider!

I have no beef with indus.

Also would you point out to me where I made a joke about how awful ToB are in this thread? The poofter remark was directed at Shug if you check.

BTW TOB ROCKS!

(Please interpret this post as positive with a query)
Old 1st Dec 2006, 03:57 AM   #27
Spidey

Man, I really read that wrong Machine. I did see Shug's comment but took the poofters line as aimed at TOB. Somehow I didn't think you were replying to Shug there. And no, for once, that isn't sarcasm coming from every one of my pores.

The poofters plus the line about how all of TOB was recruited away just added up as insult to me. I can't argue that we lost several TOB to other guilds though. I'd say Zidane and StarWhores were our biggest losses as far as player skill.

At any rate, I'll post back here again when I know what next week's schedule is so we can get together on AvP2. Maybe I can learn more about pouncing from Cat.
Old 1st Dec 2006, 05:08 AM   #28
]>CoD<[Chief

If you get DarkProject a new motherboard he's bound to return and lead you all to victory ....... or lead you all on a snowboarding holiday
Old 1st Dec 2006, 05:50 AM   #29
Machine

Originally Posted by SPIDER: ( link to post ) 
Man, I really read that wrong Machine. I did see Shug's comment but took the poofters line as aimed at TOB. Somehow I didn't think you were replying to Shug there. And no, for once, that isn't sarcasm coming from every one of my pores.
YAY! Friends?

/me holds out hand
Old 1st Dec 2006, 09:06 AM   #30
Shug

SO GAY MACHlNE