X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cliff
    • Jan 2003

Questions on Takeovers

Since TUF doesn't even have any land how does that work in challenging Archery does that mean that they have to win all three times?? Also if we beat CTG then the map is ours or we have to keep winning for it?? If that is the case LR then I think new rules should be allowed that if the challeger loses then the map is ours and then the take over is done. But the ppl in line who challeged it then get to challenge a guild and try to take it that way?? All im saying is if we win against CTG then we get Archery and the other guilds have to challenge us to get the map? I don't like this waiting period where the map is still being fought over and then if we lose what happens to the ppl who are still in line? Thanks Cliff
    The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!
  • Katra
    • Jan 2003

I agree the Keepers have to wait untill the takeover is resolved before challenging whoever wins. AKA Wait your Turn!

Comment

• Chainsaws
      • Jan 2003

As I understand it the guild who takeover a map have to defend it from all who would stop them. These challenging guilds risk losing a turf to the unclaimed pool if they lose (or wasn't this implemented?). If any challenger wins the map returns to the pool and the process starts again.

Anyway, the reason I'm here is to issue a challenge to M.
      I believe we can still do this as the takeover challnge is separate, yes?
      One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -
      The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

• Cliff
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Chainsaws
        As I understand it the guild who takeover a map have to defend it from all who would stop them. These challenging guilds risk losing a turf to the unclaimed pool if they lose (or wasn't this implemented?). If any challenger wins the map returns to the pool and the process starts again.
        Wait a minute are you saying it returns then how the heck do you get a map if it keeps getting returned??? LR these rules need to be fixed. I suggest one takeover attempt and if a guild loses that then all the other guilds need to challenge that guild for it and wait in line this whole thing.

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

• Chainsaws
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Cliff
          Originally posted by Chainsaws
          Wait a minute are you saying it returns then how the heck do you get a map if it keeps getting returned??? LR these rules need to be fixed. I suggest one takeover attempt and if a guild loses that then all the other guilds need to challenge that guild for it and wait in line this whole thing.
          I'm only going from memory and, like I said, I think the rules have changed a bit. I'll let LR clear this up but as I understand it the ones taking the map have to defend from ALL the challengers to keep the map...
          -

Comment

• LaughingRat
            • Jan 2003

OK, here's the way it works. TCO has to defend the map against CTG. If they win, they can either take Archery, or the map we put up. If they take the map we put up, Archer goes back to the unclaimed pool, and becomes open for takeover attempts again.

If they decide to kepe Archery, then they have to defend it against the next challenge to the takeover, and so on, until they either take a map other than Archery, defend Archery against all challenges, or lose.

If/when they lose, the guild that defeated can either returnthe map to the unclaimed pool, or try to keep it. If they decide to keep it, that guild has to defend it against all the remaining challenges.

To answer Cliff's question, to defend it against a turfless guild, you only have to win one of two rounds. They have to win both rounds, since they can't put up a tiebreaker map.

Comment

• SNAFU
              • Jan 2003

So just to clarify...

TCO defends, CTG attacks.

If TCO wins
              -TCO keeps Archery and defends against TuF.
              or
              -TCO takes a CTG map and lets TuF take Archery.

If CTG wins
              -CTG keeps Archery and defends against TuF.
              or
              -CTG takes a TCO map and lets TuF take Archery.

Is this correct? Also, could you use a few less pronouns; I can't tell which "they" refers to which guild.
              TCO – Retired
              Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

• Cliff
                • Jan 2003

I c thanks for clearing that up LR.

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

• LaughingRat
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by SNAFU
                  So just to clarify...

Good so far...

If TCO wins
                  -TCO keeps Archery and defends against TuF.
                  or
                  -TCO takes a CTG map and lets TuF take Archery.
                  ...but you start to lose it here. If TCO wins, either they take one of CTG's maps and Archery drops back to the unclaimed pool (nullifying all pending challenges), or TCO decides to try to keep Archery, and has to defend it from all pending challenges.

If CTG wins
                  -CTG keeps Archery and defends against TuF.
                  or
                  -CTG takes a TCO map and lets TuF take Archery.
                  Either CTG takes Archery and has to try to hold it against all the challenges that were made to the takeover attempt, or CTG let's it drop to the unclaimed pool, and all pending challenges to the takeover are nullified.

Does that help some?

Comment

• SNAFU
                    • Jan 2003

OK, but if the challenges are nullified when the winner (CTG or TCO), then that means that TuF, CTG, and TCO can't make another takeover attempt? Kind of like a pocket veto if you ask me...

Otherwise, at what point could CTG, TCO, and TuF make another take-over attempt for Archery?
                    TCO – Retired
                    Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

• LaughingRat
                      • Jan 2003

OK, but if the challenges are nullified when the winner (CTG or TCO), then that means that TuF, CTG, and TCO can't make another takeover attempt? Kind of like a pocket veto if you ask me...

Otherwise, at what point could CTG, TCO, and TuF make another take-over attempt for Archery?
                      Once Archery dropped back to the unclaimed pool, it would be open immediately for takeover attempts by ANYONE. And anyone who tried would have to go through the takeover attempt procedure again.

Comment

• DhaThief
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by LaughingRat

Once Archery dropped back to the unclaimed pool, it would be open immediately for takeover attempts by ANYONE. And anyone who tried would have to go through the takeover attempt procedure again.
                        *LOOPHOLE* (this is the right word right ?)
                        So if i get this right :

TCO ->win : TCO takes a CTG map and Archery frop back to unclaim.
                        TCO now have CTG map.
                        TCO make a new takeover on Archery....loophole if you ask me.

Might as well take CTG map and keep defending Archery if they like...(but why would they not...??? that was the point at the start right ?).

Now don't tell me Archery goes back to unclaimturf....i know that, but so does TCO how right away reTakeover it....

There should be a takeover lock here ...one takeover/map for a guild. However they could still challenge the new guild making the takeover....

phew... get it ?
                        [KYO] - Knock You Out

Comment

• Chainsaws
                          • Jan 2003

So if CTG take the map and decide to defend it against all remaining challenges (basically, us) does that mean that no-one else can then challenge? e.g. challenges are locked and you only have to defend against those who challenged to start with or can any guild who has not yet challenged this takeover attempt can use their turn anywhere along the way?

Did I make any sense there?
                          -

Comment

• LaughingRat
                            • Jan 2003

Yes, that made sense. All challenges to a takeover have to be made within one week of the announcement of the takeover attempt. If we were to take the map from TCO, and if no one else had challenged TCO's takeover attempt within a week of when it was announced, then TuF would be the only guild we'd have to defend it against.

Comment

Working...
                            X