Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > The Archives > Archived Public Forums > Nightblade Discussion

Notices

Old 16th Mar 2006, 04:12 PM   #1
DiP

What actually IS night-blade?

What's the main gametype? WHy have 3 sides? What are shades? Whats thier aim/role in this game? Is there like only one objective in each map where you have to find a blade called "Nightblade"!?

I just realised i hardly know anything about this mod. And i figured i was being abit harsh saying TuT would be better than it, i was thinking abit it last night, and i realised that, Can i apologise? I'm sorry for making you dev's feel bad.

I was actually thinking now, how AWESOME night-blade is gonna be, I was picturing it in my head from the little information i know, and i was amazed. It seemed really really cool. I would do anything to speed the process up, i would donate time in, i would join the dev team, but i'm no where near enough talent. I would map...but...Well...I seriously just don't know enough about the game to even think about starting.

So, i didn't want a release date or nothing(Sorry about bothering you about that as well), i just wanted to know.
What actually IS Night-blade?
And no silly answers like "It's a Total Conversion Mod for ut2004."

I realised by reading 1 year old threads(Yes i was bored) and noticed significant change, Fast game play, quick learning curve, Nice Cool mini crossbow. So, would the maps have to be huge? Or about the same size as a Assault/Onslaught map?
Old 16th Mar 2006, 07:11 PM   #2
SpamSlayer

Originally Posted by deathispainfull:
What's the main gametype?
Well I don't know about the gametypes, but I think the main gametype was going to be Guild vs. Guild (Blacktooth Rogues and Bloodstone? Or do I have that swicthed?) I think that this would have been the gametype played the most, but since they changed it to three teams it may be a three way guild battle now. (Don't know). A gametype that caught my attention is the Quest gametype (Unknown is it has been removed, no word on it.) More info on Quest gametype: http://www.night-blade.com/journal/c...s_journal.html

WHy have 3 sides?
I think Black Cat Games decided to have three sides to make the game more unique, other total conversions for UT2004 are just two team based, or solo. (If there is a mod with more than 2 teams, please point out to me ) It also gives the people playing a more fun experience, with ThieveryUT you have two teams (not including spectators which also play a role in the game, kill one get 1 point ^_^) having three teams allows for more things, you have to think about different strategies and all. Maybe a unique/special item for each group (i.e. Invis for thieves, don't know for shades for guards though)

What are shades?
Shades are the third team of night-blade (lol, duh). Other than that I have no idea, I think the question was answered in an earlier thread, I'll search, if I find it I'll edit this.
EDIT:
Question also asked here: http://forums.blackcatgames.com/show...ghlight=shades
A little here: http://forums.blackcatgames.com/show...ghlight=shades

Is there like only one objective in each map where you have to find a blade called "Nightblade"!?
I think this was also answered in an earlier thread. I think the "Night-Blade" comes in with the Guilds fighting for each piece, or during the Quest gametype.
EDIT: http://forums.blackcatgames.com/show...ighlight=quest

Can i apologise? I'm sorry for making you dev's feel bad.
I guess you just did, so I assume the answer is Yes.

So, would the maps have to be huge? Or about the same size as a Assault/Onslaught map?
I would guess that depends on the mapper. If you look at ThieveryUT there is a wide range of maps, big and small. (i.e. Flats is pretty big, Gerome is an average size I think, forgive me for the next one but I can't remember seeing as I haven't play ThieveryUT in a while but CountryAdobe? SherrifsInn? HighwayInn, I never had time to distunguish between them all, but one of them is really small.)

This information may all be outdated now as I'm unaware of the differnet gametypes and all, nothing much has been said about them since Dalai's post introducing the name of a new gametype, Quest and two others, TvG and Guild Battle.

Originally Posted by oRGy:
Hm, we should really update the site.

To wit: the other gametypes (quest, tvg, guild wars) are on hold as we aim to perfect the new gametype first. (The three class game.) If the the other gametypes are then worth it, we will work on them later.

So for practical purposes, quest, tvg and guild war gametypes are out.

I wouldn't think too much about what Night-Blade is offering as gameplay anymore, I think its going to be an all looks mod if you ask me.

But lets not whine now, don't want to get Dalai & devs upset/made/make NB awful on purpose: http://forums.blackcatgames.com/showthread.php?t=7233
Don't ask for a date either, its been answered: http://forums.blackcatgames.com/showthread.php?t=5781
Old 17th Mar 2006, 06:28 AM   #3
Bucchus

Wow, Spammy sure is still fan #1 having all this old stuff ready
Old 17th Mar 2006, 07:16 AM   #4
Phantaloz

What I got out of the interview that was done...Some time ago, I got the idea that there are Thieves vs Guards vs Shades. The Thieves aim for loot and the nightblade piece/shard, Shades ONLY aim for the piece/shard and (poor) Guards have to protect it all.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy
Old 17th Mar 2006, 07:29 AM   #5
-KewlAzMe-

This sums it up perfectly:

http://www.nightblade.org/
Old 17th Mar 2006, 01:50 PM   #6
oRGy
Art Direction

The short description on www.blackcatgames.com gives a nice short overview.

But yeah, the website and descriptions need to be organised a bit better; we're sort of leaving some things until the right time.
Old 17th Mar 2006, 02:57 PM   #7
DiP

Originally Posted by oRGy:
But yeah, the website and descriptions need to be organised a bit better; we're sort of leaving some things until the right time.
Which is a .txt file called "Readme" with the installation?
Old 17th Mar 2006, 11:34 PM   #8
SpamSlayer

Originally Posted by Bucchus:
Wow, Spammy sure is still fan #1 having all this old stuff ready

GASP!
Something i don't know about!

*Adds oRGy's post to txt file with tons of info about night-blade & links*

Last edited by SpamSlayer; 18th Mar 2006 at 12:08 AM.