Industrialism's NB Idea's (29/04/08) more coming soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -KewlAzMe-
    • Sep 2005

depends on intoxication. Tho USA and Japan real life is faster than the rest of the world
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

• immortius
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ghostly apparition View Post
      What I want to know is, how many fps is real life?
      Planck time (~ 5.4 × 10E−44 seconds) is the smallest unit of time that can be used before current physics theories fail, and is thus suspected to be the smallest unit of time. This gives real life a frame rate of ~1.9 x 10E43 frames per second.

Limits of human perception would be somewhat less than that.
      Last edited by immortius; 7 May 2008, 04:17 AM.
      Immortius' Forge

Comment

• ]>CoD<[Chief
        • Jul 2004

The tick of the universe anyone?
        [E.D.G]Chief

Comment

• industrialism
          • Mar 2004

Caltrops whistlers and mines discussion.

In thievery the way players react with traps isn’t realistic more so frustrating but how they function in game is correct or at least always for one team, but when you consider physics (movement push etc) its definitely something to discuss if they are part of (this project NB), its real to what the game allows (the Thievery world), but it highlights the limitations of a characters physical ability and much more…
          For example to lean and step over them (hop), pick them up (like a drunk taffer with a traffic cone) trigger (set them off) or push them with projectiles, all rather laughable when you look at it like this, it’s not in thievery and would broaden the dynamics and even render them pointless under circumstances. This is part of thievery’s game play, any change toward this part of the game and what the option has allowed and effected occurrences in game with the design or maps and how they were used (stronghold basement) would be lost, this morphs aspects that make Thievery what it is -into a new version and new game in the most drastic of changes, and moves away from the comfort of accepting this as a (love hate) (acceptable / fault highlight able) aspect of Thievery, depending on what team your playing on and how realistic a game you crave. So what would you do? What is right? “Not making the same game”? That famous, to me quote.

Team killing and damage,
          If traps were dangerous to both teams, that would balance the realism, but create a (wall, barrier, trench style) combat around the area (trapped) which is usually a combination of the three types of traps available, but being able to trigger mines with a projectile, and the proximity and radius of the explosion makes traps what then!?, a waste of money?, to easy to remove in the view of the cost of one bolt, and traps placed to close destroying the deterrent, although the guards fault (new players) and the complaints of text following “noob” kick votes…

“Traps” Are they useless when changing the physical abilities of characters and broadening the project, or making the item react to both players removing the DE bridge scenario, is steam punk technology or (the traps we know of) adding something that is not truly balanceable if it were to be…, or at least how it reacts realistically without frustrating someone? And being in the fair margin unless they are traps that are not meant to be fair. Do we continue to use the strengths of the opposing forces as something that defines them and makes them a deterrent when crossing through the light and the dark?, what is the middle ground the equal playing field, for the intervals or things that can occur at the interval a trapped doorway…
          If it’s “Fighting” (get caught, have to get something guarded to well, ai accuracy items and disabling an enemy but giving them equal physical attributes including melee?) taken into to account, then you have a game that is fair to death match which moves away from the stealth offering if only by choice (the lines do blur) the influence, the reason, the style of game changes it’s no longer thievery… or what do you accept as thievery? A team of garret always winning?
          We have beautiful maps, laced with decorative art and mysterious objects known as loot, and a dm ut3 mod in most equated solutions with change towards balancing everything, this is merely one topic that I can’t see past with this new project balancing and changing without actually removing certain things entirely.

I believe mappers discretion will save NB from itself whatever its coded to offer, even if it comes in version after version of map and mod, how can you redo Thievery if not exactly the same without eventually creating a new game or even carrying over the works of art are tuts maps without saying something feels like its missing, (balancing tweaking incorporating scrapping and finalizing but considering scrapping things that are Thievery), that make Thievery what it is leans towards something that isn’t home and begins to strip what is the barebones of a game and become linear, for better or for worse.
          Although everyone wants better and all the best for NB) even balancing something is the Rubik’s cube for this project, meeting peoples suggestions, knowing that maps designed properly don’t beat the players choice, “small/big maps make people ghost/dm” “thief map/guard map”

Even making suggestions goes into another topic or discussion it’s very difficult to say anything without nailing something on the head, when trying to help and give back years of knowledge, I’m open to whatever but I’d love to know what the devs are up too, because to me I’m getting worried, but im greatly anticipating any incarnation of effort towards whatever this project is going to be, and the alpha was… not the flashes of what I saw years back, in the dark listening to music thinking about NB and the maps and what I would try to create or expect. “I don’t know why I never asked you… now it’s over…”

Lot more to come, been busy.

Comment

• industrialism
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ]>CoD<[Chief View Post
            The tick of the universe anyone?
            Fair test once you do the mario reappearing screen thing and have been everywhere impo... what we know to exist isnt enough, our time when you think or traveling at certain speeds, and the effect on things not at that speed that are like us?

really wanna go there dude?, come play some tut you taffer!

Comment

• Inq
              • May 2008

After reading your last long post, Industrialism, I can't help myself asking "What?" What was it you were saying there?
              http://rjanes.co.uk
              http://www.rpg-palace.com/

Comment

• FatRatHead
                • Sep 2004

I think the majority of his questions can be self-answered simply by buying UT3 and trying it out. Then he can really contribute. Indus if you need a donation you can always drop a hint or something.

Comment

• industrialism
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FatRatHead View Post
                  I think the majority of his questions can be self-answered simply by buying UT3 and trying it out. Then he can really contribute. Indus if you need a donation you can always drop a hint or something.
                  I have ut3 and have tried it out (NB that is).

Q: Ok question goes to you two, do Thievery's thieves have three arms and three hands?

A: Yes

One to hold the bow, a second to pull back the string, and a third to throw a flash all at the same time.

No mystical gong sound when you highlight sorry about that, it’s a bit obvious thievery is retarded for the most part, and the key is to keep away from that side of game play to survive, why bother pointing anything out. For instance mapper’s discretion is only going to leave you with more starting loot, and that's not a bad thing right?

Answer extended: I’m pointing out realism (three hands respectively) and how to look at disabled death matching, where you render your opponent, more useless than usual, cause this time you got him real good with that flash bomb! (Fair game). Now look at a balanced attribute system while wielding weapons for each class, supporting the death matching style fairly, for a great fighting experience (but items being allowed to aid similar to tut *ouch, is flash to great for offence?*, can we see them hanging off the player model or s/he grabbing them before they’re used), but making dm’s happy (even if one life per map) is moving away from what most people hope NB to deliver (a stealth game). Wearing all that metal, you would think guards don’t have much of a hit system, armor weakness’s maybe, technical fighting… sorry, you either get me or you don’t, and its just nodding stuff the devs have allready considered, i just wanted to see what other people think or have to say besides stfu, and how they feel about thievery after this length of time
                  Last edited by industrialism; 8 Aug 2008, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• Inq
                    • May 2008

I'm still not sure what point you are making. Perhaps you can put it in bullet points explaining exactly and simply what you're trying to point out? It seems to me that you think the gameplay in Thievery is unbalanced? I think they're already trying to fix that up in this version.

You don't like the idea of having 3 arms. However I expect that most people, including me, never gave it a second thought in thievery. It's so unimportant and in games, realism is easily sacraficed for the sake of gameplay. Always. The balance in thievery wasn't perfect. Often the thieves had the advantage, but when it came to maps where guards could just camp at a single doorway, or two doorways, they usually had the advantage. To solve this problem, I recommend that people play through Thievery again, decide upon what they consider to be their favourite, most perfectly balanced map and then get the creator to write out a list of dos and donts of map difficulty balancing.
                    http://rjanes.co.uk
                    http://www.rpg-palace.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X