X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • okih-imus
    • Sep 2003

Oh my God! Everything's falling apart!
    Sucks too, cause I wanted to join a while back.

Comment

• Brody
      • Mar 2003

I am sorry to hear that. You were always nice Guys, good Players. I wish you all the best what a man can wish.
      A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
      Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

• ZTx3
        • Jan 2003

Stuff happens. But I think ThieveryUT as a whole is fading. Not because it isn't fun but due to lack of any news for improvments for what? over a year now? pretty sad state of affairs imho.

I think the ONLY thing that could have saved TCO might have been the 1.5 patch that we havn't heard a damn thing about in over a year. When that happens people just shrug the game off as dead. Which you can't provide much evidense agianst other than "they say the 1.5 patch before Night-Blade". Not enough for most people

As you might be able to tell. I'm a little pissed/sad at the way things have/are happening with ThieveryUT
        ZT

Comment

• Shug
          • Jan 2003

Can't say I sympathize at all. Dalai and his team have worked hard on Thievery for a long time for no monetary reward at all, and this is the best you can do for thanks?

TCO has only itself to blame for collapse. I still see plenty of active players AND guilds; I've seen more new players than ever before in the latter stages of the 1.4 patch and I have to say I'm ready to play 1.5 whenever the devs see fit to release it, and I'll thank them for it.

1.4 HAS changed over the time of its release simply because players have evolved the game strategy-wise - and found new tricks, tactics and skills. If you had no wish to be a part of that, that's your business.
          Nightmaster,
          .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
          - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

• Radamanthus
            • Jan 2003

Hmm.. I've got quite a history with TCO...

I could see it as one less challenger in the midling sized pond that is Thievery.

I could see it as I've outlived and outlasted the guild that my friends started, told me about it, then left me out of.

Or I could thank TCO for what they've done for me.
            At first TCO was my arch enemy. I lost my name as Radamanthus, was forced to find a new one. I THank TCO for my new and better name.
            A name wasn't good enough if i was going to stand against an entire guld. I needed skills. TCO was my motivation. I thank TCO for pushing me to better myself.
            He-we-do-not-name was found the first cheater in thievery. What good is besting someone if you do it by cheating? I thank TCO for keeping me far away from such atrocities.
            Troubles came in my life, and Thievery lost it's interest. When things looked grim for this taffer, the guildmembers of TCO would see me online, and fuel my interest. TCO kept me going.
            Chalrif, upon becoming guldmaster, began to lessen the friction between me and the guilds. I joined EDG. I later quit EDG when i beat my entire guild 1 vs all, and EDG became CoD. I thank TCO for giving me a good laugh.
            Cliff often complained of lack of new maps (back in 1.2). Cliff asked me if i could learn to make some maps to boost interest in the game. I thank TCO for starting me on mapping.
            When i started mapping, I found my love for architecture. I simply loved to design. Now, colleges are sending me application forms by the dozens. They've seen some of my "idle time" work. I thank TCO forr guaranteeing a scholarship to a college of my choosing.

Now TCO is disbanding. As they step off their citadel and join the unguilded players of thievery in hte valeys, I welcome them. I welcome former TCO to the cool green grass, the blue lakes, and the cool deep shadows cast the the other guild's mountaintops.

Welcome, TCO, to Thievery.
            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

• ZTx3
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Shug
              Can't say I sympathize at all. Dalai and his team have worked hard on Thievery for a long time for no monetary reward at all, and this is the best you can do for thanks?

TCO has only itself to blame for collapse. I still see plenty of active players AND guilds; I've seen more new players than ever before in the latter stages of the 1.4 patch and I have to say I'm ready to play 1.5 whenever the devs see fit to release it, and I'll thank them for it.

1.4 HAS changed over the time of its release simply because players have evolved the game strategy-wise - and found new tricks, tactics and skills. If you had no wish to be a part of that, that's your business.
              Oh Iam not saying it wasn't are own fault. Just 1.5 probably would have gotten the members more active thats all I was implying, and Iam sorry if I came off the wrong why,but so is life with text based communication.

The rest of what you said I only semi agree with. Iam not going to get into why as that is not what this thread is about. But needless to say I have a different opinion on it. And don't think for a second I wouldn't be happy with see the 1.5 patch
              ZT

Comment

• Chalrif
                • Jan 2003

Yeah... we're not all going to hell, not just yet

I'll still be around. Just not leading the soldiers into battle.
                Still -)(The Chosen One)(-

Comment

• Biohazard
                  • Jan 2003

Does this mean I should take the website down?

Comment

• Alpha-Omega
                    • Jan 2003

GG TCO.

Comment

• Cliff
                      • Jan 2003

Hi guys yes TCO was a blast but im sorry it had to end. Waiting for NightBlade now so make it good devs..
                      The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

• Stakhanov
                        • Jan 2003

What they said. One day... some people have to be chosen again.

Comment

• Chalrif
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Biohazard
                          Does this mean I should take the website down?
                          If you want to.
                          Still -)(The Chosen One)(-

Comment

• SNAFU
                            • Jan 2003

So what begins... must end.

Godspeed TCO.
                            TCO – Retired
                            Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

• *MegaDeth*
                              • Jan 2003

too bad to hear about that happening to TCO. anywho, i finally got my cd recorded, and it sounds killer. if anyone is interested, the 1st person that e-mails me can have one if they want, or if i have an abundance of e-mails (which is highly unlikely) then i'll have to pick randomly. anywho, after i buy this sweet guitar i just put on lay away, then i'll go wireless, and be back to dominate. later on!
                              MegaDeth F*^&#(! rulez!

"You feel my fingertips, you won't forget my lips
                              You feel my cold breath; it's the kiss of death"

Comment

• FistaKufs
                                formerly HomeSkillet
                                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by *MegaDeth*
                                too bad to hear about that happening to TCO. anywho, i finally got my cd recorded, and it sounds killer. if anyone is interested, the 1st person that e-mails me can have one if they want, or if i have an abundance of e-mails (which is highly unlikely) then i'll have to pick randomly. anywho, after i buy this sweet guitar i just put on lay away, then i'll go wireless, and be back to dominate. later on!
                                boy wtf have you been smokin?
                                I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Working...
                                X