Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Alien Swarm 2K4 Forums > Alien Swarm 2K4 Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 8th May 2011, 07:06 PM   #1
Armyofbile
New Member
 
Registered: May 2011
Posts: 1
BlackCat Alien Swarm- Unreal Tournament 2004 Mod- Version 1.34 Package- w/ Steam Instructions

download

README CONTENTS::
****Install
For UT2004 Steam users.
1.Install and Run UT2004 in steam.
2.Extract Into "%programfiles%\steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 2004"
3.Import
[textbox rows="3"]
"%programfiles%\steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 2004\UT2004mod-steam.reg" [/textbox]
into registry to allow AlienSwarm to run without cd error.
4.Run "%programfiles%\steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 2004\AlienSwarm\AlienSwarm.exe"
For UT2004 Traditional install users
1.Update UT2004 to version 3369
2.Extract into "%programfiles%\...\UT2004"
3.Run "%programfiles%\...\UT2004\AlienSwarm\AlienSwarm.e xe"
****Support for other resolutions.
Edit non-steam "%programfiles%\...\UT2004\System\UT2004.ini"
steam "%programfiles%\steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 2004\System\UT2004.ini"
by changing the values below.
PLEASE use the appropriate resolutions for your video output.
Below is for 1920x1080 widescreen.
[textbox rows="8"]
[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
WindowedViewportX=1920
WindowedViewportY=1080
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1080
MenuViewportX=1920
MenuViewportY=1080[/textbox]
and
[textbox rows="8"]
[SDLDrv.SDLClient]
WindowedViewportX=1920
WindowedViewportY=1080
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1080
MenuViewportX=1920
MenuViewportY=1080[/textbox]
Run AlienSwarm at least once to write the alienswarm.ini From UT2004.ini
Then Edit non-steam
[textbox rows="3"]"%programfiles%\...\UT2004\AlienSwarm\System\Alien Swarm.ini"[/textbox]
steam
[textbox rows="4"] "%programfiles%\steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 2004\AlienSwarm\System\AlienSwarm.ini"[/textbox]
with the same sections above as appropriate if needed.
*************Contents
AlienSwarm v134
Campaigns
Telic Campaign
EFR Campaign
Phalanx Campaign
Upsilon Campaign
Maps:
AO-2NiceBoxesofShit.ut2
AO-BehemothTournament.ut2
AO-BehemothTournament-TE2.ut2
AO-BugCity.ut2
AO-BugPlanet2.ut2
AO-Cleanup2.ut2
AO-Crazy-Hallway.ut2
AO-Crazy-Lava.ut2
AO-DanselResearchFacility.ut2
AO-Defense.ut2
AO-DM-Antagonism.ut2
AO-DM-Bomberman.ut2
AO-DM-Bomberman-6.ut2
AO-DM-Bomberman-8.ut2
AO-DM-CombatRoom-b4.ut2
AO-DM-CrabShack.ut2
AO-DM-Pressure.ut2
AO-DM-Reincarnation.ut2
AO-FourCylinders.ut2
AO-HoldOut.ut2
AO-HoldOutExtreme.ut2
AO-Infested-PE.ut2
AO-LostContact.ut2
AO-LostContact-SE8.ut2
AO-Meltdown.ut2
AO-New_Labyrinth.ut2
AO-Pacman.ut2
AO-Paracelsus.ut2
AO-Retreat.ut2
AO-Sulfure-SE.ut2
AO-WeaponFacility.ut2
Mutators
AoMiniMuts
-----------------------------
Contact me, if you have any suggested content or maps I should add to this package.







anaheimofmanheim@aim.com
Armyofbile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 06:38 PM   #2
lightfoot
Member
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Registered: Oct 2005
Location: *teleports up front*
Posts: 576
Nice to spread the good ole version to the steam users.

Now let's hope it really brings in some new players.

Last edited by lightfoot; 10th May 2011 at 08:07 PM.
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 05:07 AM   #3
Ki!ler-Mk1
Member
 
Ki!ler-Mk1's Avatar
 
Registered: Apr 2005
Location: Boston, England
Posts: 2,013
Any chance the op could get translated, to be a bit clearer, i've got some people i need to follow it, only i cant myself.
__________________
Alien Swarm Map List
Ki!ler-Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 08:47 PM   #4
Fuzzy Bunny
Member
 
Fuzzy Bunny's Avatar
 
Registered: Sep 2004
Location: In before Moses
Posts: 4,002
 Originally Posted by Armyofbile: ( link to post ) 
Download the executable from here.
 Originally Posted by Armyofbile: ( link to post ) 

README CONTENTS::
****Install
For UT2004 Steam users.
1.Install and Run UT2004 in steam.
Assuming you've bought UT2004 via Steam, make sure you've run it at least once to generate some files.
 Originally Posted by Armyofbile: ( link to post ) 
2.Extract Into "%programfiles%\steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 2004"
I assume this is instructions for that executable. For most Windows installs, your path will be "C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 2004". My guess is that it just dumps a bunch of files and folders into your UT2004 install, namely ASw and a few maps/camps.
 Originally Posted by Armyofbile: ( link to post ) 
3.Import
[textbox rows="3"]
"%programfiles%\steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 2004\UT2004mod-steam.reg" [/textbox]
into registry to allow AlienSwarm to run without cd error.
Looks like there's a registry entry that gets unpacked into your UT2004 folder that changes where the game looks for certain files. Purely guessing, could be something else. Double-click the .reg file to add it to the Windows registry. If you're paranoid, read it first with Notepad.
 Originally Posted by Armyofbile: ( link to post ) 
4.Run "%programfiles%\steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 2004\AlienSwarm\AlienSwarm.exe"
This will start the game. You can get it into the Steam games list by adding it manually.
 Originally Posted by Armyofbile: ( link to post ) 
For UT2004 Traditional install users
Assumes you installed from a CD rather than Steam.
 Originally Posted by Armyofbile: ( link to post ) 
1.Update UT2004 to version 3369
Find the patch online, install it like normal.
 Originally Posted by Armyofbile: ( link to post ) 
2.Extract into "%programfiles%\...\UT2004"
Instructions for where to aim the executable, I believe. C:\UT2004 is the default location.
 Originally Posted by Armyofbile: ( link to post ) 
3.Run "%programfiles%\...\UT2004\AlienSwarm\AlienSwarm.e xe"
Run it from the ASw executable, or make a shortcut to "C:\UT2004\UT2004.exe -mod=AlienSwarm" (I think) or it might even show up in the Community menu in UT2004, assuming the .ini file for the mod is in there. I would actually run UT2004 first, then start up ASw.
 Originally Posted by Armyofbile: ( link to post ) 
****Support for other resolutions.
Edit non-steam "%programfiles%\...\UT2004\System\UT2004.ini"
steam "%programfiles%\steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 2004\System\UT2004.ini"
by changing the values below.
PLEASE use the appropriate resolutions for your video output.
Below is for 1920x1080 widescreen.
The following is to enable higher resolutions than UT2004 allows in it's options. Alternatively, I believe you can start up UT, open the console, and use the "setres XxY" command where X is your desired width in pixels and Y is your desired height. e.g. setres 1920x1080
 Originally Posted by Armyofbile: ( link to post ) 
[textbox rows="8"]
[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
WindowedViewportX=1920
WindowedViewportY=1080
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1080
MenuViewportX=1920
MenuViewportY=1080[/textbox]
and
[textbox rows="8"]
[SDLDrv.SDLClient]
WindowedViewportX=1920
WindowedViewportY=1080
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1080
MenuViewportX=1920
MenuViewportY=1080[/textbox]
Run AlienSwarm at least once to write the alienswarm.ini From UT2004.ini
Then Edit non-steam
[textbox rows="3"]"%programfiles%\...\UT2004\AlienSwarm\System\Alien Swarm.ini"[/textbox]
steam
[textbox rows="4"] "%programfiles%\steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 2004\AlienSwarm\System\AlienSwarm.ini"[/textbox]
with the same sections above as appropriate if needed.
And here's what you get (I assume) in the executable.
 Originally Posted by Armyofbile: ( link to post ) 
*************Contents
AlienSwarm v134
Campaigns
Telic Campaign
EFR Campaign
Phalanx Campaign
Upsilon Campaign
Maps:
AO-2NiceBoxesofShit.ut2
AO-BehemothTournament.ut2
AO-BehemothTournament-TE2.ut2
AO-BugCity.ut2
AO-BugPlanet2.ut2
AO-Cleanup2.ut2
AO-Crazy-Hallway.ut2
AO-Crazy-Lava.ut2
AO-DanselResearchFacility.ut2
AO-Defense.ut2
AO-DM-Antagonism.ut2
AO-DM-Bomberman.ut2
AO-DM-Bomberman-6.ut2
AO-DM-Bomberman-8.ut2
AO-DM-CombatRoom-b4.ut2
AO-DM-CrabShack.ut2
AO-DM-Pressure.ut2
AO-DM-Reincarnation.ut2
AO-FourCylinders.ut2
AO-HoldOut.ut2
AO-HoldOutExtreme.ut2
AO-Infested-PE.ut2
AO-LostContact.ut2
AO-LostContact-SE8.ut2
AO-Meltdown.ut2
AO-New_Labyrinth.ut2
AO-Pacman.ut2
AO-Paracelsus.ut2
AO-Retreat.ut2
AO-Sulfure-SE.ut2
AO-WeaponFacility.ut2
Mutators
AoMiniMuts
-----------------------------
Contact me, if you have any suggested content or maps I should add to this package.







anaheimofmanheim@aim.com
Fuzzy Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2012, 03:10 PM   #5
Fuzzy Bunny
Member
 
Fuzzy Bunny's Avatar
 
Registered: Sep 2004
Location: In before Moses
Posts: 4,002
Looking at the list of maps... aren't some missing? I seem to remember there being more, though I can't recall names. Some friends want to LAN this and I'd like an easy way of getting it shared. I'll investigate my install when I get home and see what I can find.
Fuzzy Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2012, 02:26 PM   #6
Moses2k
Member
 
Moses2k's Avatar
 
Registered: Oct 2004
Location: Was actually here before Fuzz
Posts: 5,674
I notice a couple very important omissions.
Moses2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is there any unreal tournament 2004 mod? clock123 Community Chat 4 24th Jun 2009 05:02 PM
Unreal Tournament 3 Black on sale from Steam for $11.99--and free weekend upcoming TeeJay Community Chat 2 12th Mar 2009 09:13 AM
Best Unreal Tournament Theme version -KewlAzMe- Community Chat 21 20th Sep 2007 08:19 PM
Unreal Tournament 2004 Goes Gold Oie Community Chat 7 6th Mar 2004 08:33 AM
Unreal Tournament version? TheDarkLord Community Chat 13 5th Dec 2003 05:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.