I am restarting my project (the map formerly known as TH-Library)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ]>CoD<[Chief
    • Jul 2004

As an aside, if anyone else is still after the mis2t3d (dark engine > unreal/thief3 format) you can still download it:

All you need is to install Active Perl to use it.

That .zip contained the very last updated version by Tels (the script author).

Chief
    [E.D.G]Chief

Comment

• Antero90
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Schleicher View Post
      If you dont see all parts of a big brush at once it can be beneficial to make several smaller ones, since the engine wont render the parts which are hidden from view - moreso if its something complex - in the case of your corridor there it wont help since youll always see everything of it. Dunno anymore if that applies with or without zoning.

At least thats bsp theory as far as i remember

2dshape is pretty powerful but dont go overboard with it. Best make everything you do with it semisolid and theres also some option with merging faces or something i cant remember which also helps performance. Iirc theres some option somewhere which dictates on which plane the shape you draw gets rotated or something, just experiment.
      I dont think its quite that.

Here is what I am currently experiencing.

See? there is a line that splits that face in half, the same is happening on the faces directly oposite, the other sides are fine.
      Attached Files
      Feel the power of the

Comment

• Antero90
        • Jan 2003

Another shot from ingame (windows 7 doesnt seem to like the native Ut bmp), first serious test at making a doorway, perhaps the ceeling could be lower...
        Attached Files
        Feel the power of the

Comment

• Edy94
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Antero90 View Post

Here is what I am currently experiencing.

See? there is a line that splits that face in half, the same is happening on the faces directly oposite, the other sides are fine.
          Yes that will cause texture issues even if you use texture alignment.

The only way i can think of is using 2 cubes, the lower one would be normal but for the upper one you need to use the vertex edit and then use texture alignment to make the wall's texture uniform.
          GettysTube - Indie games news and videos!
          UE4 Stuff channel

Comment

• ]>CoD<[Chief
            • Jul 2004

Or just do it with a cube and a split hexagonal cylinder so that it's two brushes and then texture align them as required.
            [E.D.G]Chief

Comment

• FatRatHead
              • Sep 2004

I'd do it CHief's way.

Comment

• Antero90
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by FatRatHead View Post
                I'd do it CHief's way.
                I will get to it shortly, today I dedicated the day to messing up with textures. It was a pain to get all textures to show, but finally got the ones I wanted.

Still got some time to mess around with doors. Like the 1st time I am taking some time to get the hang of it. Im sure im missing something, time to go back to reading. Im leaving one other shot with semi textured corridor, door needs a lot of tweeting still.
                Attached Files
                Feel the power of the

Comment

• Schleicher
                  • Jun 2003

TEXTURE ALIGNMENT!!! jk

Sizewise that looks abit off, might be perspective tho?

Normal door height 128ish, room 256ish? 16 units too fat for a door frame but thats just imo.
                  My leet Thievery Map
                  My leet UT3 Map
                  My leet AS Map

Comment

• Antero90
                    • Jan 2003

Sizewise that looks abit off, might be perspective tho?

Normal door height 128ish, room 256ish? 16 units too fat for a door frame but thats just imo.
                    In my original drawing the ceeling was a bit higher than normal since it's suposed to be a reconstructed building, but im still experimenting with sizes. I will post an ingame screenshot later today.

And yes, the door is not the right size yet, the door frame got out of control and im still relearning how to add working th-doors.

It's ocurring to me now, wasnt there an option for the grid size? Maybe im using a bad grid size, there is no way I wiull be able to add the meshes I had planed with such a large grid.
                    Feel the power of the

Comment

• Schleicher
                      • Jun 2003

Ya can adjust grid size with the little dropdown field in the lower middle if thats what you mean.

Meant standard wooden door frame. 16 is ok for a heavy set stone frame for example - again just imo, thats down to your artistic vision but i wouldnt make a standard wooden frame larger than 8 units.
                      My leet Thievery Map
                      My leet UT3 Map
                      My leet AS Map

Comment

• Antero90
                        • Jan 2003

Ya can adjust grid size with the little dropdown field in the lower middle if thats what you mean.

Meant standard wooden door frame. 16 is ok for a heavy set stone frame for example - again just imo, thats down to your artistic vision but i wouldnt make a standard wooden frame larger than 8 units.
                        Units were too hight, setting the drid to 1 unit really unlocked the poer to make all sorts of slimm stuff. I was able to create a muhc cleaner door way wiith no trouble.

There will be no updates during the next days. I will be out for personal reasons, once I get back and do more substancial advances I will post them here.
                        Feel the power of the

Comment

• BiG_D
                          Former Forum Staff
                          • Jan 2003

You're going to anger the goblin with gridsize like that...
                          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

• Schleicher
                            • Jun 2003

MULTIPLES OF TWO MULTIPLES OF AAAUUUEEEEIII *chompy noises*
                            My leet Thievery Map
                            My leet UT3 Map
                            My leet AS Map

Comment

• Gaelwyhn
                              • Jul 2010

16 units too fat for a door frame but thats just imo.
                              Are you sure? I'm used to making door frames at 32u. And the doors at 16u.
                              Loot - That's what I want and that's what I'll have. I'll get what I want because I know how to get it.

Comment

• Schleicher
                                • Jun 2003

A player is about 64x64 wide and depth and 128 high. If you port that 32 over to reality a normal doorframe would be half as thick as a person. Unless you mean like the passage thru the wall? Ugh werds, i drew something to illustrate
                                Attached Files
                                My leet Thievery Map
                                My leet UT3 Map
                                My leet AS Map

Comment

Working...
                                X