• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhaeThorn
    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by keg
    is that on PhaeThorns version?
    There is no phae version. It only excist on my harddrive.
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by FatRatHead
      Sorry to ruin your dreams, but after closer observation I've found that you can find AND snatch the map from any closed chest. First it looked like the canopy chest is immune to snatching and you could just use the lean-through bug to see it inside, but I'd managed to lean well enough to grab it and as a guard see the red crosshair.
      :::Cough:::wallhaxx0r:::cough::
      I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

• FatRatHead
        • Sep 2004

*Cough*TUT feature*cough*

At MB: Why's the southwestern room unlocked(accessible) to guards??? Does it have any special reason, because I remember it locked in the old version, why has it changed?

Comment

• immortius
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by keg
          just found something wrong with my controls to - when leaning forward crouched i carnt strafe left but can right ah well - not like i need to use that movement much neway
          That's most likely a keyboard hardware limitation - pressing some keys down prevents the detection of the pressing of other keys.
          Immortius' Forge

Comment

• Master-Builder
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by FatRatHead
            *Cough*TUT feature*cough*

At MB: Why's the southwestern room unlocked(accessible) to guards??? Does it have any special reason, because I remember it locked in the old version, why has it changed?
            I'll quote the 1.5 patch update change list:
            Originally posted by Dalai
            It seems Thievery players use lots of exploits.
            And just what room are you refering to?.... Only one i can think of is the empty room with some crates to the east. Which would basically just be a dead trap for guards to enter since it has no lights.
            So yes, it's unlocked cause there was no reason it should be locked in the first place.

Comment

• Keggie
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
              There is no phae version. It only excist on my harddrive.
              no wonder i couldnt find it

Originally posted by immortius
              That's most likely a keyboard hardware limitation - pressing some keys down prevents the detection of the pressing of other keys.
              yeah - i thought it might be somthing like that - wasnt sure tho
              [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
              Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
              AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
              Videos - YouTube

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by keg
                yeah - i thought it might be somthing like that - wasnt sure tho
                Thats why Gamepad+mouse combo ftw!
                I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

• Keggie
                  • Aug 2005

you going to buy one for me
                  Videos - YouTube

Comment

• FatRatHead
                    • Sep 2004

Wooops forgot to say I'm refering to Breakout with that room. Anyway we need to test it multi.

Comment

• FatRatHead
                      • Sep 2004

The map in my opinion isn't bad after what's been done to it, however it still contains some irritating issues.

The map button shouldn't trigger an absolutely transluscent screen, it in fact shouldn't work at all without the sketchmap in it.

The vent key should be able to unlock at least some vents, ie the ones above the offices.

It'd be great if someone nice edited it, I myself don't have the resources needed.

Comment

• TafferBoy
                        • Mar 2003

Were the vents from cells to library truely removed? What was the reasoning behind that?

I ask because my PC died so I can't check myself. But I'm interested in why those vents were removed because they were a significant contribution to the map, which imo it needed. Simply widening the 'A' & 'B' doors doesn't greatly change guarding strategy on this map and thief strategy for that matter.
                        If you think that those vents unbalanced the map towards thieves you need to learn to adapt to change, if anything the number of thief lives should be reduced to make it harder to DM. The match between M and MbR shows both that the library vents can be easily guarded and thieves can still easily DM it.

The changes/fixes proposed by FRH are also definately needed. That 'map' bug is just silly and people (such as myself ) can't be counted on not to exploit it.
                        Last edited by TafferBoy; 27 Sep 2006, 06:24 PM.
                        .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

• Keggie
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by TafferBoy View Post
                          Were the vents from cells to library truely removed? What was the reasoning behind that?

I ask because my PC died so I can't check myself. But I'm interested in why those vents were removed because they were a significant contribution to the map, which imo it needed. Simply widening the 'A' & 'B' doors doesn't greatly change guarding strategy on this map and thief strategy for that matter.
                          If you think that they unbalanced the map towards thieves you need to learn to adapt to change, if anything the number of thief lives should be reduced to make it harder to DM. I think the match between M and MbR shows both that the library vents were easily guarded and that the map can still be easily DM'ed.
                          i think they where removed because people claimed that it made it far to easy for the thieves in a public game. i quite like the vents there, standing infront of 2 sets of doors with full trap loadouts can be a bit boring

Originally posted by TafferBoy View Post
                          That 'map' bug is just silly and people (such as myself ) can't be counted on not to exploit it.
                          i think everyone will now that they know its there...
                          Videos - YouTube

Comment

• FatRatHead
                            • Sep 2004

It all sounds well, anything else we need to add/remove/change? It'd be best to get some more points from mockers/MbR as they seriously played the map(weren't they the first?). What's the current T:G ratio? 2:3? I can't check. But if it is so then it could use some lowering on the T side.

To the vents, are you satisfied how they are made? One entrance, two exits(both into the lib), further vent system. What about the 'secret' passage? I think that one's not appropriate.

Comment

• sky-fiwa-
                              • Sep 2005

We only won 1 round of a match.
                              Mockers just DMED.
                              My Profile Sux.

Comment

• Master-Builder
                                • Mar 2003

The biggest problems with making vents (or any new BSP for that matter) in Break Out, is that you can be sure on getting lots of BSP holes. The vent leading to the libary was riddle with holes, which was definetly one of the reasons it was removed. Trying to patch it up would be nearly impossible.

Comment

Working...
                                X