Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Thievery Forums > Thievery Discussion > Thievery Guilds

Old 1st Mar 2005, 03:22 PM   #1
Gabriel

NLDW vs Forsaken discussion and scheduling

What times are good for everybody?

I would prefer to have this match on Sunday, March 13. Sunday the 6th might be good for me too, but I prefer the 13th.

On either of those days I think any time between 5 and 12pm GMT

(12-7pm EST)

Should we have both offensives on the same day or separate them?

I don't have a preference. I was only bringing it up as a topic of discussion.
Old 1st Mar 2005, 03:34 PM   #2
The Dragon

I don't know if it's the best idea to start a thread for every move...too messy, just like with the original Turf Wars. Rather, we figure out what time works for us as a whole and post it (Or PM it to Wizards).

What do you prefer, Bill? By this evening I expect the Forsaken will have a few times picked out.
Old 1st Mar 2005, 03:35 PM   #3
Chalrif

Sunday March 6 is clear for me.

Sunday March 13 is not possible between 1 and 7 pm (EST). Any other time will work for this date though.

[Edit]

Friday afternoons are ok from 4:30 and later (EST).

Last edited by Chalrif; 1st Mar 2005 at 04:25 PM.
Chalrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2005, 04:17 PM   #4
WildBill

Originally Posted by The Dragon:
I don't know if it's the best idea to start a thread for every move...too messy, just like with the original Turf Wars. Rather, we figure out what time works for us as a whole and post it (Or PM it to Wizards).

What do you prefer, Bill? By this evening I expect the Forsaken will have a few times picked out.
This forum is here to be used -- if topics like this are the easiest way for your team to organize matches, feel free to use them. I'd appreciate it, though, if you'd mention what move it's for in the topic. That way we'll avoid confusion if there's half a million of these floating around.
Old 1st Mar 2005, 04:23 PM   #5
The Dragon

Okay, as we're all looking at March 6...I told Gabe Sundays don't work for me usually...especially not March 6...I have 2 shows that day.

Friday afternoons are best for me for now!
Old 1st Mar 2005, 06:07 PM   #6
The Creator

Friday afternoons work for me, but I have to see about the rest of the team before we decide.
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2005, 07:39 PM   #7
Gabriel

Friday after noon sounds good. Just not this upcoming friday.
Old 1st Mar 2005, 07:43 PM   #8
Hybrid

Weekends = All day

Weekdays = 5pm-10am CST (11pm-4pm GMT)
Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2005, 08:28 PM   #9
Radamanthus

I am free from about 4PM EST on friday to about 5:30 PM EST sunday, every weekend.

Those times are 10 PM friday to 10:30 PM sunday GMT
"Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."
Radamanthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 05:59 AM   #10
The Dragon

Well, if Chal is good for Friday afternoon then perhaps we can schedule our first match for NEXT friday afternoon, somewhere between 8 pm GMT and 12 am GMT?
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 03:17 PM   #11
Gabriel

AYE

(i agree with that time)
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 05:39 PM   #12
Thief13x

good for me. The only times I can't play are thursdays and sun 3pm - 6pm GMT
Old 5th Mar 2005, 05:06 PM   #13
Radamanthus

It's settled then? Friday at 3PM EST
"Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."
Old 5th Mar 2005, 07:15 PM   #14
Chalrif

No, 3 PM is too early for me. Push it back an hour to 4.
Old 5th Mar 2005, 08:05 PM   #15
The Dragon

4 pm Friday is great for me...

The internet on my PC is completely wrecked, though. I don't have any idea why, I scanned for viruses and spyware, but to no avail. If I have to I'll wipe this week...at the moment though I'm getting about 3000 ping in Thievery.
Old 5th Mar 2005, 11:12 PM   #16
The Creator

Is it possible to have the match at 6:30 EST? This would fit our schedules.
Old 6th Mar 2005, 10:08 AM   #17
Radamanthus

Sounds good to me.
Old 6th Mar 2005, 11:29 AM   #18
Gabriel

6.30 EST might be too late for me because I have a soccer game at eight and it takes 25 minutes to get there. unless the matches are over in about 45 minutes, 6:30 is too late for me.
Old 6th Mar 2005, 12:35 PM   #19
Firetiger

Why not 4, like suggested above?
Old 7th Mar 2005, 04:19 PM   #20
The Dragon

4 pm EST is definetely best for the Forsaken.
Old 7th Mar 2005, 07:08 PM   #21
The Creator

4 PM it is. (9 PM GMT for everyone using GMT :])
Old 8th Mar 2005, 01:55 AM   #22
Machine

Dragon should be able to make you guys a private TS channel, if not let me know and I'll do it. GL to both teams
Old 8th Mar 2005, 05:47 AM   #23
Firetiger

The question of the day is: Are we going to play the asylum match right after this one?
Old 8th Mar 2005, 11:35 AM   #24
Gabriel

Yes.
Old 8th Mar 2005, 11:57 AM   #25
Radamanthus

You sure, gabe? with your soccer game, do ya think you'll have time?
Old 8th Mar 2005, 12:25 PM   #26
The Dragon

Yeah, we'll have to.
Old 11th Mar 2005, 05:41 PM   #27
industrialism

I wish ToB could have been present for turf wars as a whole guild but there pwned by other games at the moment, and some have more serious things at hand. the matches this evening were enjoyable and great games were had, Slight random/nasty ass server conditions made for interesting events but it’s just a game....apparently frh quit half way through the tournament "wtf" And for his desicion to quit the tournament he has my full respect & understanding (just reading the posts now)...

As regards to ft it was a shame he had to go and couldn’t be present for asylum or the ending of grange...you missed some enjoyable matches and some very close ones too…

I definitely know each and every member of our team played our fucking hearts out and for that I say thanks and look forward to other matches.
industrialism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2005, 05:48 PM   #28
The Dragon

Those were very intense matches. It is too bad that Firetiger disconnected unexpectedly and did not return, and very disappointing that FatRatHead quit before the third round of Asylum. Both sides played extremely well, and I think that both teams came up with some surprising tactics and very, very slick moves.

I'm so pleased with the third round of Asylum...I spent the whole match trying to survive and wondering how on earth we'd win...the miracle called Demandred worked his magic, though!
Old 11th Mar 2005, 06:37 PM   #29
WildBill

'Grats on the fun matches! That's why I did this.
Old 11th Mar 2005, 06:56 PM   #30
Gabriel

Match Highlights

Round one: Grange
Sketchy beginning, we were uncertain of the wizards' intent, but we knew they were going all in. The silver chest key played a critical hand in forsaken victory, as both games it was noticed missing moments before the match was completed. Well-played round by both teams.
Highlights:
- Moridin striking down creator with a blazing bolt of truth after he cunningly looted most of the upper west wing and was about to escape.
- Rahvin leaning off of his post at the upper west bridge and unloading a standard bolt of faith to smite down craeter (maybe fatrathead i forget) at the base of the front stairs.
- The forsaken as a whole performed very well and had the match under control the entire time. A few nice knock-outs and kills by the wizards.

Round two: Grange
Ninjalemmingdragonwizards adapted VERY nicely taking all of their observation from the first round and turning them against the forsaken. A quick theft of the supply chest left a huge gash in the preparedness of the forsaken, severely hampering both their deadliness and morale. To top it off, the wizards' deadly arrows and blackjacks were more effective against the weakened defenses of the forsaken. at the finish there were no AI remaining.
Highlights:
- Thief 13x pestering the hell out of Rahvin at the upper west bridge, for a large part of the game, thus wrenching his watchful eyes away from the highway below the bridge of thief activity. Very nicely done.
- The fury of Demandred and Moridin released in a torrent of blazing steel and razor-sharp bolts as Rahvin's watchful 'light of judgement' unnecessarily ventilated the thief team. The Forsaken pre-empted the wizards time after time with "leet teamwork hax".
- Rahvin almost successfully trapping a surprised industrialism in the back shed, who then struck at poor Rahvin repeatedly with the ferocity of a caged beast and bursting free, only to be impaled on the sword of Demandred seconds later.

Round three: Asylum
Ninjalemmingdragonwizards took a victory as they slew thief after theif mercilessly with their crushing cudgels and scathing sabres. Their morale was boosted much after the loss of their beloved Firetiger the preceding round.
Highlights:
- Some uncanny bolt work at the match's end by Industrialism assassinated both Demandred and Rahvin in the dark of the sewers of the night, never to see the light of day again. (if thats considered desirable)
- The untimely death of Rahvin as he perished in a blaze of glory in an attempt to bring poor bruno to his burial site. His corpse was then desecrated by the excrement of piercing caltrops and volatile mines.
- A heroic liberation of bruno as dear Demandred uniquely dragged bruno UPstairs and down the lift to his final resting place.

Round four: Asylum
This match was more favorable towards the forsaken, as they adjusted well to their previous misfortune.
Highlights:
- Once again poor bruno spawned in the clutches of a fearsome spider. Rahvin dodged many flares and spider lunges to thrust bruno out to be carried to safety by the guiding hands of Demandred.
- Moridin snatched the precious vials of vaccine from the clutches of the enemy thus liberating the golden fluid and bringing the match to a stunning conclusion with the untimely death of the evil Doctor Rosenburg.

Final Round five: Asylum
The resignation of FatRatHead began this final round with Craeter bravely volunteering to take up his mantle. Beginning with a slight violation of protocol, (sorry guys) the match began with bruno safe in the exit right off the bat at the hands of Rahvin after his long journey from the greenhouse. The Wizards masterfully guarded the vaccines to slow but not stop the assault of Moridin and Demandred from seizing the magic vapours.
Highlights:
- Moridin's quick witted, and wise decision-making brought the strategy home after the Bruno Debacle. (circa mid 17:00)
- The final play... words cannot describe. Bravo Demandred.