Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > The Archives > Archived Public Forums > Nightblade Discussion

Notices

Old 18th Nov 2008, 10:09 AM   #1
MageofFolenn

Smile Gather here ye mappers :p

So i happen to have the Unreal Tournament 3 collector's edition. Why is that relevant to NB? Well it includes over 20 hours of developer mapping tutorials. Combine that with information in the internets, plus the night-blade/thievery home page and you have a formula for a successful Night-Blade map.

The point of this thread is to recruit mappers for Night-Blade. Even if you have never mapped before that shouldn't stop you from trying to. Why? The UT 3 collector's edition is going for half the price compared to the 60$ I paid for it.

Also try Amazon or your local retailers. There is no excuse now if you want the mod to succeed you will have to contribute. I will try my best to get a map done. I think once I tackle the first map I can do several more. Goodluck to myself I will need it to burn the midnight oil.

ETA 2-6 months.
Old 18th Nov 2008, 10:16 AM   #2
MageofFolenn

Just a little something I'm working on from tutorials. From here eventually will come the real map.

Old 18th Nov 2008, 10:27 AM   #3
Bandit

You don't have to buy collectors edition to have that tutorials because it is contained in basic edition as well.
Old 18th Nov 2008, 11:32 AM   #4
MageofFolenn

Hm that's odd it was listed as bonus content in back of the case, thought it was part of collector's edition. I know for sure the Artbook which is no biggie is for collector's edition only. As is the making of and history of UT.
Old 18th Nov 2008, 12:13 PM   #5
Bandit

Old 18th Nov 2008, 06:35 PM   #6
MageofFolenn

Do you have the making of UT 3 and history of UT videos? Also do you have the video folders 001-007. I am wandering why would they make the collector's edition the only difference right now is the tin.

Also I got the Unreal Tournament Anthology for free since I pre ordered back on Gamestop in 2007. (A 20$ value which includes all the UT games)
Old 23rd Nov 2008, 03:54 PM   #7
Spidey

I've got the basic version too but I didn't see any tutorials. I'll check again.
Old 24th Nov 2008, 01:26 AM   #8
immortius

My understanding is the basic version shouldn't have the bonus DVD, which suggests a mispackaging, possibly related to the practice of stores keeping the contents of boxes separate until purchase. This is further supported by the fact you have the art book too.
Old 24th Nov 2008, 06:48 AM   #9
Schleicher

Gametrailers.com used to have the whole Bonus DVD Tutorial stuff, not anymore it seems but all of it should be floating around the internet. Wasnt very indepth and abit longwinded iirc, mainly used it to refresh the basics. Still got all the bookmarks of ut3 tuts i used, might be outdated tho :p

Some mapping for dummies thread, extra urls included
Mapping for Dummies part 2
Misc stuff
Hourences page (linked to movers but theres more)
Kismet, other tuts too
Old 24th Nov 2008, 10:58 AM   #10
]>CoD<[Chief

In all honesty I didn't think the bonus vids were much good, so much repetition and as well as that there was so much repetition.

True I was pretty clued up in a lot of it from ued2 work since I knew that version inside-out (even if my art work wasn't appreciated in it's own time ).

The videos on the main page at 3dbuzz.com are much more interesting

Had I known what the videos were like with the dvds I'd have probably gone for the cheaper standard game, I expected tons of videos same as ut2k4s bonus set had (which I never bought).

Quote:
Still got all the bookmarks of ut3 tuts i used, might be outdated tho :p
Oh? Do you map Schleicher?
Old 5th Dec 2008, 10:11 AM   #11
Skull

Originally Posted by ]>CoD<[Chief: ( link to post ) 
Oh? Do you map Schleicher?

How about you Chief
Old 14th Jan 2010, 04:45 PM   #12
MageofFolenn

Wow hard to believe it's been over a year! I am going to get back into mapping and make something for Thievery as part of a course. Hopefully this time I won't stop .
Old 14th Mar 2010, 08:40 PM   #13
industrialism

I still fantasize weekly about Night-Blade, I had loads of ideas and time, impossible for what Thievery will allow, its very sad what has come of the NB project (easyily resolved), Thievery felt a certain way when I started out, it had a character a warmth and safety something fair, a vibrance and tone, like a place to go, that was real, I got lost in it, everything it had to offer and am very thankfull to of found something so profound and cult, I could list so much...
Old 15th Mar 2010, 08:30 PM   #14
R

Oh man, I can perfectly feel with you.... I still can't believe there's nothing compared to Thievery... Night-Blade was my hope and... somehow still is. But it's an illusion, that's for shure