X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Dan
    • Jan 2003

Zombies, & Note to NeoPendragon

This was originally a PM, but I was wondering why you hadn't replied & then last night I checked my outbox & found that the PM had just sat in my outbox for the last two days. I have no idea why, but i suspect your inbox may possibly be full.

Anyway, the PM I should've sent you:

Righto, give me the weekend to download 1.3 & see what code has been changed, & then I'll get back to work.
    I think I've got a list saved somewhere, but you just confirm what scripting changes you want making to your map. It's been quite a while, waiting for 1.3, & I've been on a Thievery break for the last 2 weeks.

We can continue using this thread for the discussion if you want, or PMs (assuming we work out why my outbox isn't actually sending stuff out), or email me [email protected]. I'd probably prefer using this thread (assuming it doesn't get prematurely closed) since there must be other people interested in the possibility of zombies in TUT.
  • The_Dan
    • Jan 2003

Further note:
    I'm probably still going to stick with modifying the weapons/equipment, but I think might try scripting an experimental AI-zombie class that automatically handles the different damage routines (ie. ignores melee damage, but takes damage from water, etc). However, this wouldn't be practical for your level, because these routines wouldn't be passed onto player-guards.

Comment

• NeoPendragon
      • Jan 2003

Ah, yeah I got your PM, but I disabled scripting in my browser, so I didn't get the pop-up and I didn't notice I had one.

Ummm we should have:

1. BHs don't damage guards
      2. Sword doesn't damage guards
      3. Water Arrows damage guards
      4. Flashbombs damage, paralyse, and blind guards
      5. Blackjack cracks and blinds insted of KO on guards
      6. Guards explode on death? (Your call. If it would look cheesy and/or chew up bandwidth, we should probobly leave it out. )
      7. A sunburst device that explodes in a 512 UU radius. Should have the redeemer explosion sound and maybe the expanding redeemer blast mesh if you can make it only expand to 512 UUs somehow. It should only be activated by fire. (Fire thievery damage actors, flares, Firebolts, exploding arrows, and flare arrows.) I think it should emit 200 damage at the very center. We can use the mine mesh and a different skin for the acual device.
      (AKA Dresden)
      Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

• The_Dan
        • Jan 2003

I'll get right on, the sword & flashbomb are almost completed, from when I previously started work on them. I'll keep posting here with status-updates.

Comment

• The_Dan
          • Jan 2003

By the way, I'm guessing you've already sorted a skin out, but have you done a custom voice pack for them? Just curious

Comment

• NeoPendragon
            • Jan 2003

Nope.
            (AKA Dresden)

Comment

• CrouchingDork
              • Jan 2003

Sounds like never-never land.

I can't wait.

The only constant is change.
              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

• NeoPendragon
                • Jan 2003

Oh yeah, the sunburst should also drop to the ground on death.
                (AKA Dresden)

Comment

• Kiech Bepho
                  • Jan 2003

Fish already 'explode' when they die, I think the scripting can be taken from there.

And as a 'hopeful' note, I was wondering if you could make it so that the sword gives 'subdual' damage to the zombies, as in Thief. Treat it like a BJ effect, but it takes a lot more hits, and they can 'awaken' as the guard in Spider or Gerome. Hopefull, not necessary, but it would be cool.

Kiech
                  Kiech

Comment

• The_Dan
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by NeoPendragon
                    I've never played Thief 1, so I need a bit more clarification on this one. Is it an inventory item that is bought & deployed? Or is it like a modified crate, that can be carried around (with usual speed-loss) & detonates upon receiving fire damage?

In other words: Deployable Inventory Item, or ThieveryObject that must be found in the level?

By the way, I'm not gonna implement any user-ideas unless NP gives them the go-ahead, this is for his map after all. & the more I have to script, the longer it will take to complete.

Comment

• NeoPendragon
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by The_Dan
                      I've never played Thief 1, so I need a bit more clarification on this one. Is it an inventory item that is bought & deployed? Or is it like a modified crate, that can be carried around (with usual speed-loss) & detonates upon receiving fire damage?

In other words: Deployable Inventory Item, or ThieveryObject that must be found in the level?

By the way, I'm not gonna implement any user-ideas unless NP gives them the go-ahead, this is for his map after all. & the more I have to script, the longer it will take to complete.
                      They're in Thief 2 as well. There's one in an attic in Life of the Party/Uninvited Guest. Its an inventory item that looks like a big fat mine. Kinda like Thief's version of dynamite i guess. And I think we should leave exploding corpses out as well. And yes, its a deployable inventory item. Similar to a mine except detonated by fire insted of proximity.

Here's a pic from Lytha's webpage:
                      (AKA Dresden)

Comment

• The_Dan
                        • Jan 2003

Righto.

By the way, I was asking about the voice package because:
                        -A complete zombie package (modified AI, + skin, + voice) may be worth releasing to the public
                        -Your zombies are gonna sound a bit strange when they get alert & start speaking in their upper-class voices

I would offer to do one, but I'm not quite ready to stoop to moaning & groaning infront of the PC (no jokes please).

If you do decide to do one, check out http://home.iprimus.com.au/joelmalon...voicesets.html

Comment

• LegalAssassin
                          • Jan 2003

They're in Thief 2 as well. There's one in an attic in Life of the Party/Uninvited Guest. Its an inventory item that looks like a big fat mine. Kinda like Thief's version of dynamite i guess. And I think we should leave exploding corpses out as well. And yes, its a deployable inventory item. Similar to a mine except detonated by fire insted of proximity.

Here's a pic from Lytha's webpage:
                          Haven't gotten so far on T1, but isn't that an early version of the Satchel Charge in T2?

Comment

• LegalAssassin
                            • Jan 2003

Righto.

-A complete zombie package (modified AI, + skin, + voice) may be worth releasing to the public
                            -Your zombies are gonna sound a bit strange when they get alert & start speaking in their upper-class voices

I would offer to do one, but I'm not quite ready to stoop to moaning & groaning infront of the PC (no jokes please).

If you do decide to do one, check out http://home.iprimus.com.au/joelmalon...voicesets.html
                            B0rked link.

Comment

• Salvage
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by LegalAssassin
                              Righto.

B0rked link.
                              Worked for me(both the original and the one in your quote).
                              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Working...
                              X