X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Convict
    • Jan 2004

Th-Sheriff

I searched for this map but I couldn't see a discussion of it so I started this thread...

I noticed that if u ko the deputy sheriff you don't complete the objective (unlike asylum) - therefore you would have to wait for him to awake to kill him if you made this mistake.

Also when you pick up the evidence (it was in the deputy's room - is it always?) you cannot see your loadout - but I think you can still use your loadout (I used a health potion). Also do you want to make it so that you can drop the evi?

I liked the map and the objectives were interesting enough if not entirely original.

Also is the crackaz server version the latest because I had a compatibility problem so I had to delete my version and dl it from Crackaz.

Does anyone feel that there are too many wide open spaces inside the house itself making it feel rather open and empty and too hard to guard?
    Night of the Werewolves II
    HarryPotterwars
    A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)
  • Kiech Bepho
    • Jan 2003

The worst part of the map that you didnt mention are the 3 entrances:
    1. Highly campable and important area.
    2. Locked front door with the key inside...
    3. Has a problem that causes thieves to be stuck there.

The long long long link of rooms is pretty silly as well. All in all, though, I like the map, and think some effort should be put into it to make it playable.
    Kiech

Comment

• Convict
      • Jan 2004

I only played it on the server for a while so I didn't see all the bugs. There is a balcony entrance, a front door exit (more than entrance), ?

The deputy's room would be a strong choke-point because there is only one entrance (the door) I *think*.
      HarryPotterwars

Comment

• claymore
        Account not validated
        • Dec 2003

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate that it has some balance issues/bugs/rough areas etc (you'll have to forgive since it was my first map ).

Though, if enough people want to see a 1.5 (currently 1.4) then I will make one, or if someone else wants to do something with it that's fine as well.

Anyway, I am working on a new map at present, which will get done this century, I promise, most probably after tut 1.5 though.

edit: to answer some of the questions:

>> Also when you pick up the evidence (it was in the deputy's room - is it always?) you cannot see your loadout - but I think you can still use your loadout (I used a health potion). Also do you want to make it so that you can drop the evi?

Haha, you found the ultra-strange bug. It's not picking up the evi, it happens when you climb a ledge in the other bedroom. You also get a message "snagged an item". To date I have no idea why that happens, and have only seen one instance of it happening in someone else's map. Also, the evi should spawn in 1 of 5 safes around the house.

>> The worst part of the map that you didnt mention are the 3 entrances:

There are actually 4 entrances. You can vine up the roof on the guard house, then use a speed to jump onto the roof, plus there is a key to the front door in the guard house (it's on the mattress). I know the door near the balcony can cause thieves and gaurds to get stuck sometimes.

>> The long long long link of rooms is pretty silly as well.

In case you didn't know there is another entrance to the library though it's hidden.

>> The deputy's room would be a strong choke-point because there is only one entrance (the door) I *think*.

There are two entrances. The other one is accesible from the attic.
        Last edited by claymore; 15 Jan 2005, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Kiech Bepho
          • Jan 2003

I didnt know about the roof access, since I dont use speed pots to find areas too often, and I never found that key in the guardhouse - not that i looked too hard after finding nothing else in there.

The lib/dep entrances i knew about.
          Kiech

Comment

• Convict
            • Jan 2004

Ah yes I remember playing this map a long time ago - I thought I wrote more about it before????
            HarryPotterwars

Comment

• claymore
              Account not validated
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Convict
              Ah yes I remember playing this map a long time ago - I thought I wrote more about it before????
              You wrote some comments about earlier versions. In fact I followed some of your suggestions iirc.

Now that I remember the idea for the map came from a round I played on Darkened Enlightenment. The thieves had looted the guest house, and got the book from the lib as well as most of the other loot, so the guards were holed up in the the masters house, and for about 15 mins thieves were firing arrows in at us, and trying to get past our defences, and eventually there was only 1 guard left alive, with about 2 mins left, and the thieves got the loot and won.

I thought that was a really tense and exciting match, so I had the idea of making a map were all you had to do worry about as a guard was defending one big house from incoming thieves.
              Last edited by claymore; 16 Jan 2005, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X