• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DemonWraith
    Banned
    • Mar 2011

Monsters in Thievery

Any chance we'll be able to see playable Thief Maps with maybe Giant Man-Eatting Monsters in them?

Maybe redo Maps with TvG and AI Monsters.

Or how bout a map where you have to sneak inside an Lair and steal the Queens Eggs, and have two teams of Thieves (So no need for Guards in a Monster Environment)

Hehe, be fun to try to sneak past & loot Grange or Flats with Huge Crazy Monsters searching for a meal, and other little critters flying around to get'ya too ; )

Just ideas.
  • Shug
    • Jan 2003

Your enthusiasm and creativity are admirable, but you should know that Black Cat haven't worked on Thievery for a while, and what future work may be done probably won't include novelty features.

Feel free to import any monster from UT into Thievery, though!
    Nightmaster,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

• DemonWraith
      Banned
      • Mar 2011

Shug: Your enthusiasm and creativity are admirable, but you should know that Black Cat haven't worked on Thievery for a while, and what future work may be done probably won't include novelty features.
      Thank you sir. And yeah it'd be awesome but I understand what you mean, it is a pretty ancient game "Thievery", but thanks to everyone who contributed its now an legend that I'm sure folks will play it for as long as computers can run it

Or perhaps could do something small (Not large scale like a map) like an item, a guard can use to spawn a "random" AI Creature.

Guard 1: (Spots Thief)
      Thief 1: O snap! (Turns to run)
      Guard 1: He's getting away, o wait... I got this (Pulls out a MonsterBall) (Throws it in direction of thief)
      *Monster spawns and chases Thief, attacks thief and after killing him, vanishes*
      Guards: Wow! Awesome Job Guard 1! You saved the day!
      Guard 1:
      -The End-

Comment

• Trapmaster
        • Dec 2007

I think the only thing that comes close to "monsters" would be the SpiderEgg mutator. Must be around on Brodys Customs somewhere.

It's a mutator that randomly spawns hatching spider eggs on the map.

Edit: It's called "AlienMode Mutator", can be found on pg. 1 of the misc files on Brodys Customs.
        [E.D.G] Trapmaster - Doomsayer
        Brush scaling by 0.5325662468842 and still going

Comment

• Keggie
          • Aug 2005

shame the tob guys arnt about any more. i recall watching a video of them, guards vs monsters, was the unreal creatures. reminded me of the invasion gametype of ut2k4. dont know if they used mutators or custom maps for it but it looked fun. just been looking on my hd, i actualy still have 2 videos by tob for it, 1 on kamasutra and 1 on kings of the desert (which has guards with jumpboots trying to mace monsters in the air )
          [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
          Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
          AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
          Videos - YouTube

Comment

• FatRatHead
            • Sep 2004

Weren't there Chief's Titanbombs somewhere too? You threw an orb and an angry titan tore anything nearby into shreds. THat;s pretty much what he's asking for in the second half of his post. Just change titan into 3 random monsters and voila his dream's fulfilled.

Comment

• Trapmaster
              • Dec 2007

Didn't they throw spiders aswell?
              [E.D.G] Trapmaster - Doomsayer
              Brush scaling by 0.5325662468842 and still going

Comment

• NeuroFunkeR
                • Jan 2010

i thought by monsters, he does mean the mockers guild.

Comment

• Schleicher
                  • Jun 2003

Guess Big_D doesnt give a shit/is dead/retired? Im hella confused tho.

My map has monsters play it nao
                  My leet Thievery Map
                  My leet UT3 Map
                  My leet AS Map

Comment

• NeuroFunkeR
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Schleicher View Post
                    Guess Big_D doesnt give a shit
                    bout wut?

Comment

• FatRatHead
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Trapmaster View Post
                      That is highly likely.

Comment

• Thebos
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Keggie View Post
                        shame the tob guys arnt about any more. i recall watching a video of them, guards vs monsters, ...
                        Who says we are completely gone?

Not sure about the video, but that sounds like something that would happen on Zidanes server. Fairly simple if so: As admin summon all matter of UT items for player use.

BJ whore: meet Mr. Shock Cannon.
                        Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                        Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

• Asaltec..SaitoNai
                          • Aug 2003

Didn't H20 have monsters,or androids ?
                          The wave of incoming monsters made the game fun, because the flying ones patrol outside, makes the thieves have to hide in the outdoor areas too (they also shoot missiles through windows if you open them) Chief once summoned a mess of flashbombs and when the thief ran to get them they turned him into a pile of birthday candles and beta max cassettes, true story. I'm sure promod already allow thieves to create duplicate piles of beta max tapes and candles with a decoy.

Comment

• Keggie
                            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by FatRatHead View Post
                            Weren't there Chief's Titanbombs somewhere too? You threw an orb and an angry titan tore anything nearby into shreds. THat;s pretty much what he's asking for in the second half of his post. Just change titan into 3 random monsters and voila his dream's fulfilled.
                            yeah the lovely titanbombs... or he could go with somthing else like this - here video shows.. - titans that throw spiders..

Originally posted by Trapmaster View Post
                            yeah, he had spider bombs also. cannot recall if guards had them and they were friendly to guards, think so. been awhile

Originally posted by Thebos View Post
                            Who says we are completely gone?
                            ahh still lurking in the shadows, must be getting very good at ghosting

Originally posted by Thebos View Post
                            Not sure about the video, but that sounds like something that would happen on Zidanes server. Fairly simple if so: As admin summon all matter of UT items for player use.
                            yeah zidanes server and sneaky is in it too. i think its more then been an admin altho thats highly possible, the players dont always take damage acording to there health bars but iv seen them die so either there playing with god mode on/off or there health is more then 100+ so you cannot see it which would mean a mutator is running. the kingsofthedesert video looks like a custom version as the lighting is different but i cannot work out if thats just video effects. you think sneaky/zidane would mind if i stick the 2 videos on youtube?

Originally posted by Asaltec..SaitoNai View Post
                            Didn't H20 have monsters,or androids ?
                            has 1 android that is a guard ai you cannot spawn into. think he just changed the mesh on it.
                            [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
                            Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
                            AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
                            Videos - YouTube

Comment

• BrokenArts
                              Former Forum Staff
                              • Jan 2003

/summon warlord

You really want monsters to fight, load up UT and go play RPG Invasion, lot of people played that one. Leatherman and myself used to run a custom server, lots of good times. Depending on the server you could spend a while DLing their custom packs. Or go find them elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X