Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Alien Swarm Forums > Alien Swarm SDK Discussion

Old 4th Aug 2010, 06:49 PM   #1
ninjspks

Problems with compiling SDK and visual map bug

the server vsproj had an erroneous '
$File at line 2232 which prevented me from compiling it, also there was a problem with asw_medal_store.cpp and asw_medal_store.h which prevented from compiling.

After I finally managed to fix the errors in the provided sdk so that the server and client dlls would compile I find that a couple of the maps are unplayable due to some outlandish bloom blur effect the map was the bridge map and the camera appears to be focusing on the rooftops.

Bear in mind this should be a simple task to recompile the sdk and play said mod(falling back to alien swrm files for 100% except the server and client dlls) the campaign and everything seems perfect apart from that.

I'm quite inexperienced with the source modding but I have been modding games since doom1 and am keen to mod for AS
ninjspks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2010, 04:11 PM   #2
Dalai
Project Lead

The compile problem is a code bug that'll be fixed in the next update. To fix it immediately, you can change the two lines in that file that are using GetSteamID.Render(). They should be:

Code:
Q_snprintf( szMedalFile, sizeof( szMedalFile ), "cfg/clientc_%I64u.dat", pSteamUser->GetSteamID().ConvertToUint64() );
To control the brightness you need some entities. There are details here.
Dalai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2010, 05:42 PM   #3
ninjspks

Sorry if I sounded a little grumpy before... thanks for the reply. I still have a problem with the depth of field on certain maps, namely this cvar mat_dest_alpha_range, is it supposed to be map specific?
ninjspks is offline   Reply With Quote