Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Alien Swarm 2K4 Forums > Alien Swarm 2K4 Tech Help

Old 21st Dec 2005, 10:03 PM   #1
Elevator problem on Sigma

Last night me and two other guys were playing Swarm on a listen server (I was not the host). We were playing Rescue and we got to the elevator no problems.

When the elevator came up i jumped on and started destroyed the eggs, then i fell through the elevator and ended up at the bottom of the shaft. This kinda screwed the mission up, needless to say. It happened twice in a row, we weren't using any mutators as far as i am aware and while i was at the bottom of the shaft i had extreme lag (moving around was extremely jerky etc) yet when we restarted there were no problems (until we got the the elevator again)
WimpBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2005, 10:13 PM   #2
the jerkiness sounds like rubber banding, which happens when you get stuck somewhere where your not meant to be and you and the server can't make up their minds where you are. What version of ut/swarm were you and the host running? can you replicate (no pun =) ) the problem? Does the same thing happen when the host is dedicated?
__________________'s safer here.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Dec 2005, 12:39 AM   #3
That lift is famous for the insta-crates as well. Server indecisiveness leads to nastification all around.
Moses2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Dec 2005, 04:56 AM   #4
What did it look like on the listen server's screen, you may well have been stuck on the crates on the server whereas your local client thought you fell through. It's the server that has the only "true" reality.
[THN] Gaming community -
Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at and #4 at Teamspeak at: (def. port)
Pestcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote