X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FatRatHead
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by keg View Post
    iv been thinking of ways to limit dming, one was to reduce damage done on guards, but only slightly, make back shots not cause double damage but still allow back sniping ai.
    Arrows cost twice as much as bolts for a reason.

making uncharged bj hits not able to ko guards is another, think most people use full charge anyway but means theres more room for mistakes
    If you don't want to get you won't get KOed, not counting lame cheap bad ass lowly etc speed/flash/crack/ass KOs. Given you have helmet just runnin away prevents thief from KOing.

, i dont wish to make it so its the only way to kill ai is to back snipe, killing guards is nessicaly at times, ie when they block doors etc so the ability to do it on an objective server should still be there.
    You don't have to kill, ever, it's always just easier way.

thats not an objective mutator then, thats another force ghoster the same as thghoster by immorties, if i remember vampire also contains a mut for the server admin to mute certain players on a server so they cannot shout
    Exactly, the objective play doesn't need any mutator. In fact it doesn't need any interference at all. Just leave it as it is and Thievery is good.

Comment

• Keggie
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by FatRatHead View Post
      Exactly, the objective play doesn't need any mutator. In fact it doesn't need any interference at all. Just leave it as it is and Thievery is good.
      then why did convo ask for one?
      [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
      Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
      AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
      Videos - YouTube

Comment

• VooDoo*|MbR|*
        Banned
        • Jul 2006

cuz thats convo?

Comment

• FatRatHead
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Keg
          then why did convo ask for one?
          If he asks for dildo up your ass are you gonna consider it just, necessary or reasonable?

Comment

• Convict
            • Jan 2004

Fair dinkum chill out you two!

FRH you also wanted a modification to TUT - the removal of the supply chest. We all have ideas on what could improve things...
            Night of the Werewolves II
            HarryPotterwars
            A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

• Keggie
              • Aug 2005

If he asks for dildo up your ass are you gonna consider it just, necessary or reasonable?
              i would consider it a reasonable suggestion, but in the end it would be my choice if it happens, same as it would be server admins choice to use any of these mutators, im just adding the option to be able to do things. im not saying "here use this, the game carnt be played without it!"
              [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
              Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
              AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
              Videos - YouTube

Comment

• VooDoo*|MbR|*
                Banned
                • Jul 2006

LOOOL! fatty!!!!

Comment

• Convict
                  • Jan 2004

If someone asked me that I would consider it a very unreasonable suggestion!
                  HarryPotterwars

Comment

• FatRatHead
                    • Sep 2004

He asked about direct implementation. You're just trying to soften it, well you can't.

Comment

• Convict
                      • Jan 2004

Don't you want direct implementation of a no chest mutator though?]

Also aint nuttin soft about me FRH! yeeaahh
                      HarryPotterwars

Comment

• FatRatHead
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Convict View Post
                        Don't you want direct implementation of a no chest mutator though?]

Also aint nuttin soft about me FRH! yeeaahh
                        You don't know nothin do you?
                        No chest is a thievery setting, no mutator needed. Now I don't know if it's default or not, but it's a main setting.

Comment

• Convict
                          • Jan 2004

You don't know nothin do you?
                          No chest is a thievery setting, no mutator needed. Now I don't know if it's default or not, but it's a main setting.
                          No I don't know nothin.
                          HarryPotterwars

Comment

• FatRatHead
                            • Sep 2004

Try starting a solo play or multi player server.

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
                              • Sep 2005

Actually one thing that is a major difference in the way Thief worked vs TUT is the speed at which a player can walk while the bow is drawn. In Thief you could barely move, where as thieves can walk quite quick with a bow in Tut... perhaps that should be slowed to that same level so people can't walk around with a taut bow.

Perhaps a charged BJ should also slow the walk down a lot so that they are only able to be used from a stationary position, instead of the running around jumping in shadows and Circle strafing madness. Only the foolish guards that have their backs to the same shadow for longer than the time is takes to charge the BJ, or if they just happen to be walking past a charged hiding thief, they get their just desserts for not checking and watching better. But the Guard chasing the thief into the shadows with the helmet on at least gets a "clang" or two because that thief won't be able to quickly juke left and Power hit right.

Thus making the helmet at least slightly more useful
                              Last edited by -KewlAzMe-; 4 May 2007, 12:22 PM.
                              I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

• Beowulf
                                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by keg emphasis added by Yours Truly View Post
                                on another note i uploaded fixed version of antistack last night, now contains 2 versions, 1 where noone can move objects but can frob loot objects, and the second where guards cannot frob objects but thieves can. had a little help from immorties for the first

thats not an objective mutator then, thats another force ghoster the same as thghoster by immorties, if i remember vampire also contains a mut for the server admin to mute certain players on a server so they cannot shout
                                And Dalai, look what they have done to your game!
                                (nm my sig )
                                AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                                Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                                Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Working...
                                X