X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BDZ2005
    • May 2006

Tutorial help

Just started playing Alien Swam and having technical problem with tutorial. As I'm going through it I keep getting instructions related to white circles, e.g put sentry gun near white circle, stand marines on white circles and face direction. Problem is I can't see any white circles on the screen. I've tried changing my graphic settings from lowest to highest and still don't see them. I had the same problem a while ago but thought updating to v1.3 might help (it hasn't).

Anyway, after all that, any help is apprciated...Thanks

BDZ

• Baz
    • Jan 2005

As far as i know you need dynamic lights, or projectors on.
    ..it's safer here.

Comment

• UArchitect
      • Jul 2005

most likely be projectors, check that they are turned on and stuffage

Comment

• Carth
        • Jun 2004

I thought they are turned on by default since the 1.1 patch! You must have disabled them after it installed

Comment

• Pestcontrol
          • Apr 2005

I just checked 1.3 Default.ini, it forces dynamic lights AND projectors on. You must've indeed disabled them manually, or there's some other wierdness.

They're not very relevant to framerates so i can't recommend turning either off unless you're trying to play swarm on a 1998 NVidia Riva TNT, which is possible, but not recommended.

If you want some extra FPS, start by reducing physics, world and model detail, disable weather effects and foilage, trilinear filtering, decals, shadows (blob will do). Reduction in texture detail is optional if you have a slow graphics card.
          [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
          Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

• Omega
            • Jan 2003

Also make sure that if you're running the game on Linux that you patch it to the latest version, some of the early versions had a problem with projectors (and dynamic light) if I recall correctly.

Comment

• PsiSoldier28
              • Feb 2006

My old pc had a Riva TNT2
              http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...isoldier28.png

Comment

Working...
              X