• Apr 2005

Originally posted by ZTx3 View Post
    Title: Home Wrecker
    Team: Guard/Thief
    I was expecting this to concern flirtation towards married players

Comment

• Machine
      • Jan 2003

These titles are class, I used to love the Worms titles and thought they really added something to the score screen. I think the key is many varied titles, some which are extremely difficult to get but when we do get them, it's screenshot time

Average speed.

Number of steps in the round divided by the round time giving a steps per second value, player with the highest gets fleet footed, player with the least gets cautious.
      ~TuF~

Comment

• immortius
        • Jan 2003

Ok, here's a list of titles added so far. Some of the names are a bit dodge, but eh. When they have numbers in brackets after them, that means they're part of a title track and only one of them will appear.

Thieves

Fat Cat - Most loot deposited, at least 25% of loot goal.
        Expert Thief (1) - Achieved loot goal on your own.
        Master Thief (2) - Achieved loot goal on your own without dying.
        Sleep Doctor (1) - Most KOs, at least 5.
        Blackjack Happy (2) - Most KOs, at least 15.
        Extinguisher - Most torches doused, at least 6.
        Guard Bait - Most deaths, at least 2.
        Ghoster (1) - Most loot (over 25%) with no deaths, no damage dealt, no KOs, no Kills.
        Mirage of Deceit (2) - Same as ghoster but without taking any damage.
        Tough (1) - Most damaged received (at least 100) without any deaths.
        Unkillable (2) - Most damage received (at least 200) without any deaths.
        Disarmer (1) - Most traps disarmed, at least 5.
        Master Disarmer (2) - Most traps disarmed, at least 15.
        Leaky Pockets - Most loot dropped, at least 50% loot goal.
        Key Master - Most doors unlocked, at least 4.
        Murderer - Most kills (at least 1).

Guards

Blood Thirsty - Most damage in excess of 100 * kills.
        Thieves Bane (1) - Kills greater than 50% of thief lives.
        Terror of Death (2) - Killed every thief life.
        Fire Starter - Most torches relit, at least 6.
        Loot Hound (1) - Most loot retrieved, at least 25% loot goal.
        Golden Retriever (2) - Most loot retrieved, at least equal to the loot goal.
        Heavy Sleeper - Most KOed guard, at least 3.
        Trapper (1) - Highest combination of damage and kills with traps (kills count as 50 damage), at least 100.
        Master Trapper (2) - Highest combination of damage and kills with traps, at least 250.
        Marksman (1) - Most ranged damage, at least 250.
        Sharpshooter (2) - Most ranged damage, at least 400.
        Swordmaster (1) - Most melee damage, at least 250.
        Blade Dancer (2) - Most melee damage, at least 400.
        Hamstringer - Most thieves paralysed, at least 3.
        Enlightener - Most thieves tagged, at least 3.
        FixXxer - Most doors and traps repaired, at least 5.

Both Teams

Heavy Drinker - Most potions drunk (at least 5).
        Gourmet (Guard) / Famished (Thief) - Most food eaten (at least 5).
        Immortius' Forge

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
          • Sep 2005

Nice list, a few comments:

Originally posted by immortius View Post
          Ok, here's a list of titles added so far. Some of the names are a bit dodge, but eh. When they have numbers in brackets after them, that means they're part of a title track and only one of them will appear.
          What if one thief got 5 KO's and 1 thief got 15? would they both get the titles? bj happy and sleep doctor? Or only the high one?

Expert Thief (1) - Achieved loot goal on your own.
          Master Thief (2) - Achieved loot goal on your own without dying.
          How about "most" of the loot. I know in DE a single person can get like 810 of the loot from the Guest House half alone. Perhaps an "Most Valuable Looter" title for getting the largest majority of the loot (80% or more)

Blackjack Happy (2) - Most KOs, at least 15.
          15 is a bit high? I'd think at 10 you'd be a bit of a BJ Whore already

Master Disarmer (2) - Most traps disarmed, at least 15.
          Are there even 15 traps possible? I suppose with the addition of the scarab there could be more, but I don't know that any single thief runs across more than 5-6 traps in a game, including cals, unless mossing cals would count as a disarming. But if traps disappear when the owner gets killed/ko'd its almost like you are disarming them by default in a much easier manner.

Murderer - Most kills (at least 1).
          1 kill isn't much. What if every thief kills one person? Perhaps Mass Murderer would be a better title for the person that kills at least 5.

Swordmaster (1) - Most melee damage, at least 250.
          Blade Dancer (2) - Most melee damage, at least 400.
          This assumes that sword is the only melee weapon. Even if this is true for the official game, perhaps Meleemaster and Melee Dancer would be better names to allow expanding.

FixXxer - Most doors and traps repaired, at least 5.
          pffft
          I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

• immortius
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by -KewlAzMe- View Post
            What if one thief got 5 KO's and 1 thief got 15? would they both get the titles? bj happy and sleep doctor? Or only the high one?
            Just one would get a title. Maximum titles per player is 4 at the moment, I may drop it to three. Titles are prioritised so people will get the better ones if they have more than the limit.

How about "most" of the loot.
            Fat Cat. I could add another tier to that I guess.

15 is a bit high? I'd think at 10 you'd be a bit of a BJ Whore already
            I wanted to make the higher ones somewhat exceptional. I could always add something in between. With the changes to how KOs work I'm unsure how many we will typically see - everything used as part of a title is logged to that stats file so I'll tweak numbers based on that.

But if traps disappear when the owner gets killed/ko'd its almost like you are disarming them by default in a much easier manner.
            Traps don't at the moment, mostly because guards rarely die and KOs aren't equivalent to death any more. A single trap can be disarmed multiple times if the guards are repairing them.

1 kill isn't much. What if every thief kills one person? Perhaps Mass Murderer would be a better title for the person that kills at least 5.
            I judge one kill to be quite exceptional for a thief with no damaging weapons.
            Immortius' Forge

Comment

• LoUie
              • Nov 2003

^^
              That would be sweet tho... if he can even add breakable environments without lagging too much.
              why am i not a bit suprised ofc you'll say something like that.

Originally posted by ZTx3 View Post
              Title: Home Wrecker
              Team: Guard/Thief
              Description: Player who destroys the most objects in game(barrels, boxes, chairs, plates, glasses, bottles, windows etc etc)

Not sure how realistic it is to track all that though :\
              no offence, but why would we even want a title like that? a handful of titles ive seen here is quite childish imo, not gonna mention names. but take this "Home Wrecker" for example, some "kids" *cough*KAM for example, will run around just to trash an extra 4-5 crates just to achieve the title at the ending together with a bunch of other titles...to many titles is silly, and WILL take ppl of their game cause they will run around "collecting" titles..

i didnt read all titles immortius mentioned but that was SOME list O_O i hope he'll even halve that list and just take the most important ones (which will become the most amusing ones aswell)

i dont know about the rest, but i rather se my aim skill in percentage or/and get like "sharpshooter", "master ghoster", "master thief" that is imo much most intressting than seeing..... how many POTS IVE DRUNK? how many things ive trashed? W T F ?
              .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
                • Sep 2005

^^ I'm thinking more like actual furniture.. and more so in regards to losing points. If a Guard runs around smashing all the tables, windows, chairs, and pictures with his melee weapon, should there be some sort of punishment? Some damage may be acceptable if you swing and miss a thief and smash the table he was on. But if some "kid" runs around smashing things and it gets to a high amount of damage, perhaps HomeWrecker would remove points from the total score...

LoUie, if you want people to take you serious then try to be a bit more objective in your conversations, as your constant "should have figured a kid like you *KAM* would say something like that" comments are only hurting your own credibility... If you don't like an idea or think you can improve on it, then please feel free to add your opinion, but stop trying to be the hero by slamming other people's thoughts.

I judge one kill to be quite exceptional for a thief with no damaging weapons.
                Ah I see, there is some change to the gameplay there.

Comment

• LoUie
                  • Nov 2003

LoUie, if you want people to take you serious then try to be a bit more objective in your conversations, as your constant "should have figured a kid like you *KAM* would say something like that" comments are only hurting your own credibility...
                  im doing it mostly to you, since you always starts with beeing sarcastic in your 17ish way. you're the one picking on me, replying sarcastic on every post i do, so yeah, i gotta rage you back since you're annoying. once after your sarcasm you actually reply'd serious, and what did you get? a serious reply back. then you started again and we were back to the ordinary, so dont blame me. do us both a favour, get of my back and i'll stop raging you. capish?

and sure, i agree with you to a certain lvl with the harshness to some ideas, but srsly man, i have no where ever seen such ideas on others forums etc (remember the "special breeds" thing?) yeeeah >_^ when you keep reading ideas which honestly makes you ask yourself if this dude is serious, then seeing some ppl actually liking the idea and starts with more and more ideas which is like.. makes me wanna pull my own hair. then its SO hard to not just sit there and throw in a completly calm and normal comment "hm, yeeea, i dont think that would work. how bout!....". btw, i am not reffering to you now ZTx3.

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by LoUie View Post
                    but srsly man, i have no where ever seen such ideas on others forums etc (remember the "special breeds" thing?) yeeeah >_^ when you keep reading ideas which honestly makes you ask yourself if this dude is serious, then seeing some ppl actually liking the idea and starts with more and more ideas which is like.. makes me wanna pull my own hair. then its SO hard to not just sit there and throw in a completly calm and normal comment "hm, yeeea, i dont think that would work. how bout!....". btw, i am not reffering to you now ZTx3.
                    So you throw a fit because other people think outside the box and a bit differently than you and the other forums that you talk on? I do apologize for not being a robot. A simple "I disagree" and your reasons would do. Instead of the constant belittling and condescending comments. That is the only reason I get on your case. You and your ideas aren't better than everyone else... we are all entitled to opinions and ideas.

So... for my next ideas...

Thief:
                    EscapeArtist- Seen multiple times by AI (and humans tho I don't know how you can prove that) yet never gets caught.. Sort of a spin off of Unkillable, but credits their ability to escape.. kinda the same thing I guess.

SpeedFreak - For those "TDQ" guys, perhaps if they single-handedly get the loot/obj and back to exit within 2 min.

Comment

• Hybrid
                      • Jan 2003

For guards, how about "Cherry Tapper" for getting at least 2 kills and less than 40-ish damage per kill? An opposite to bloodlust.

Darn kill-stealers.

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
                        • Sep 2005

^^ Yes!

Comment

• LoUie
                          • Nov 2003

So you throw a fit because other people think outside the box and a bit differently than you and the other forums that you talk on? I do apologize for not being a robot. A simple "I disagree" and your reasons would do. Instead of the constant belittling and condescending comments. That is the only reason I get on your case. You and your ideas aren't better than everyone else... we are all entitled to opinions and ideas.
                          not directly, the comparing to other forums, that was just to strengthen my argument.. what i meant was, sure if theres a silly idea here or there, but dude, there are lvls of these kinds..some on these forums is nearly out of this world imo.

and i wouldnt really say that i try to come around as "the best" when it comes to arguments no. i am tho very very hardcore/pro-gaming focused and've played alot of those games on high level so i think that i have a good eye for game-ideas focused on just "that". you maybe se it as abit to serious i can understand that, but some things ive discussed on these forums have had oh so high potential, then someone comes in with ideas and turning it into a circus.

Thief:
                          EscapeArtist- Seen multiple times by AI (and humans tho I don't know how you can prove that) yet never gets caught.. Sort of a spin off of Unkillable, but credits their ability to escape.. kinda the same thing I guess.

SpeedFreak - For those "TDQ" guys, perhaps if they single-handedly get the loot/obj and back to exit within 2 min.
                          and yea, i totally gotta agree here, both those titles were AWSOME and i know EXACTLY how we're gonna base the "Esc artist" with human guards! ~ the thief that has eaten most damage WITHOUT DIEING. this is perfect!

i also really dig the "SpeedFreak", if a map is done by mostly one thief in as fast time as possible. maybe another titlename than SpeedFreak tho? its completly okay imo.. how bout "The Flash"? hm... or "FastFingers" from the "Elite" thief

edit:
                          the titles for thieves which IMO is a must in NB; master thief, sharpshooter, master/ghoster, escape artist, speedfreak, assassin (switch out murderer to assassin imo)

guards: sharpshooter, trapper
                          Last edited by LoUie; 27 May 2008, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Machine
                            • Jan 2003

Having an Airtime based title would be a good idea.

TDQ guys, how about loot per minute? Display a value at the end which can be used to base scores on, overall loot obtained along with time taken to finish the round.
                            ~TuF~

Comment

• LoUie
                              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Machine View Post
                              TDQ guys, how about loot per minute? Display a value at the end which can be used to base scores on, overall loot obtained along with time taken to finish the round.
                              oooh! i se where you going with this one!... so if you pick loot in an inhuman speed, whats the title gonna be then??? MACHINE???

Comment

• TafferBoy
                                • Mar 2003

I don't think a title that relates to speed is necessary.
                                I would prefer to just have the 'completion time' (rather than time remaining) displayed somewhere on the results screen.

KAM - NB is not Thievery, titles can be adjusted at a later stage depending on how the gameplay evolves.
                                Last edited by TafferBoy; 28 May 2008, 08:58 AM.
                                .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Working...
                                X