Videos - YouTube
  • bigfoot
    • Mar 2005

Looks nice i like the lights
    hehe

Comment

• Keggie
      • Aug 2005

the lights would be rocks on fire been chucked at the stronghold via the catapults
      [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
      Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
      AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
      Videos - YouTube

Comment

• )!(Uruk-Hai)!(
        Banned
        • Jul 2007

lol whats this?

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
          • Sep 2005

I like it! Its like the thieves are robbing the place while there is a war going on with an unknown party.. Or perhaps the party can be known and the guards and thieves have 2 enemies to deal with.
          I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

• ]>CoD<[Chief
            • Jul 2004

And for those who want to play the map ( Th-BattleForStronghold) featured in the youtube video, here it is:

Although a reasonably resource high map, it has been play tested on an old 5200fx graphics card, and found to be playable, also note that it does work online, but due to server problems in the last hour or so we cant guarantee a bug free map play (but all those we were able to see have been ironed out).

So enjoy
            [E.D.G]Chief

Comment

• Manic Man
              • Jun 2007

Nice.. the problem with maps like Stronghold is the setting is in the middle of a battle but there isn't any battle.. So this seams like a nice little edit ^_^
              Manic Man
              http://www.theemeraldstarpost.co.uk
              "Appreciate what you've got, because basically,
              I'm fantastic!"

Comment

• Keggie
                • Aug 2005

yeah, when the map first starts, make your way to the front entrance, and you will see the ai rushing in from different places for a melee fight. i just like the ai that use the catapults ^^
                Videos - YouTube

Comment

• Manic Man
                  • Jun 2007

I was messing about in the level earlyer and a couple of things got my notice.. ones that are probbly half to do with the oringal map more then this version and others probbly to do with the thievery port then anything else..

= Problems with oringal map
                  The first was no roof access? i tried to make what should be a very simple jump onto the roof but for some reason it wouldn't let me.. maybe the borders or whatever are set up so you can't get there? this is a pain..

and i take it not every guard is 'playable'.. since when i died (dumd mistake.. i was climbing a vine arrow ontop the second floor, when into the corridor above the main room, was jumping from vine arrow to vine arrow to get a good grip and climb into the roof support when a guard shot at me (i didn't notice he had relit the torch).. dumb me -_-, i then jumped onto the corridor bit just for about 6 guards to come running and turn me into mulch. but then the user list said there was only 4 guards left.. so alot of them had to be none playable.

= Problems with Thievery
                  Small corridor, i push a keg around just to give a bit of cover, block the path of a guard so he just stands there.. doesn't even notice me standing in the light or think 'hang on, what's this doing here' or 'Oh well, better turn around and carry on'.. i was able to stand up in bright light and he didn't notice until i moved the keg..

now this one i don't know if it's a bug or what.. the guards fighting the catapules seam to love setting themselfes on fire by running into the line of a fire or not seeing some fire on the ground and walking over it.. i think most of the guards outside are killed within about 20 mins.. they need to be a bit smarter ^_^.. it's not like Doom where the demons were meant to be dumb because they are just fodder..
                  Manic Man
                  http://www.theemeraldstarpost.co.uk
                  "Appreciate what you've got, because basically,
                  I'm fantastic!"

Comment

• Keggie
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Manic Man View Post
                    = Problems with oringal map
                    The first was no roof access? i tried to make what should be a very simple jump onto the roof but for some reason it wouldn't let me.. maybe the borders or whatever are set up so you can't get there? this is a pain..
                    there is roof access, there are 3 ways up that i know of not much point been up there tho unless ur roof sniping

and i take it not every guard is 'playable'.. since when i died (dumd mistake.. i was climbing a vine arrow ontop the second floor, when into the corridor above the main room, was jumping from vine arrow to vine arrow to get a good grip and climb into the roof support when a guard shot at me (i didn't notice he had relit the torch).. dumb me -_-, i then jumped onto the corridor bit just for about 6 guards to come running and turn me into mulch. but then the user list said there was only 4 guards left.. so alot of them had to be none playable.
                    thats chiefs version, in order to make the battle he needed 2 guard teams, and more guards then in the original, i think all the ai added for the battle you cannot spawn into, otherwise there be alot of guards lives

Problems with Thievery - Small corridor, i push a keg around just to give a bit of cover, block the path of a guard so he just stands there.. doesn't even notice me standing in the light or think 'hang on, what's this doing here' or 'Oh well, better turn around and carry on'.. i was able to stand up in bright light and he didn't notice until i moved the keg..
                    thats just a thievery.. "feature" there are some objects guards see right through, you could make it so guards take notice of most things been moved, but would take ages for a mapper to do

now this one i don't know if it's a bug or what.. the guards fighting the catapules seam to love setting themselfes on fire by running into the line of a fire or not seeing some fire on the ground and walking over it.. i think most of the guards outside are killed within about 20 mins.. they need to be a bit smarter ^_^.. it's not like Doom where the demons were meant to be dumb because they are just fodder..
                    ai dont see fire. they will walk straight into it, as the fire from the catapults is random where it lands it would be hard to make ai avoid them, its possible to block them from fires that are permanently there with block monster actors tho
                    Videos - YouTube

Comment

• )!(Uruk-Hai)!(
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2007

heh funny map, i like guards bashing.

Comment

• ]>CoD<[Chief
                        • Jul 2004

Guards in armour with the red fabric (with yellow lion) on chest = Lord Denheims Troops (Friendly to guards- not inhabitable. enemies to thieves, and if you hurt them will likely kill you whether your friends or not).

Guards in dark armour = Lord Solomans troops (Enemies to guards and thieves, not inhabitable).

Guards in leather armour = Catapault Masters (Enemies to guards and thieves, not inhabitable.).

Guards in standard uniform (looking suspiciously like those from Skelts ) Can be inhabited., friendly to denheim and themselves, hate thieves.

I'm surprised the six guards came after you tbh, all I've ever seen them do after winning their battle is stand around in ranks outside. (Except when keg and I purposely kept shooting them )

I'd say the worst issue of the map that I found was getting met in the face with a big flaming boulder
                        [E.D.G]Chief

Comment

• Keggie
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by ]>CoD<[Chief View Post
                          I'd say the worst issue of the map that I found was getting met in the face with a big flaming boulder
                          lol, oddly alda had that problem aswell.. but to be honest, sitting on the roof exactly where the boulders land wasnt exactly a smart thing to do
                          Videos - YouTube

Comment

• ]>CoD<[Chief
                            • Jul 2004

lol, all I did was open the side door to go outside
                            [E.D.G]Chief

Comment

• Keggie
                              • Aug 2005

actually i recall one time when i didnt even get out the door, i opened it and died ><!
                              Videos - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                              X