Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bucchus
    • Mar 2004

I decided to start over with the upgraded mods (using those in Moses' post, sans the anime chef one whatever)... Silly question: Any way I can verify that all my mods are running? Oblivion Lost 2.2 is working and the weather one since the sunsets just look even better now... on the sharper textures one, I'm not sure (since it's been a while since I played this so no before/after-vision).

I'm thinking the very slight motion blur I keep seeing now and then is by the Sky4CE mod (used the 2.0 one as it's updated)... but the inventory one at least isn't working. I should have sufficient resolution in the settings (1280x1024) but nope, it just doesn't do anything. Unless there was something more to it's installation than just "dump the gamedata in the gamedata after installing Oblivion Lost".

So, umm... any console command that would reveal to me what addons it has loaded? I tried peeking through the console messages on startup but I didn't really understand too much, although there's a bunch of red error messages which *might* have to do with the Sky4CE mod directory.

Also, was it *this* dark last time? I'm thinking the "darker" setting in the Weather mod means "pull a bag over your head even during daytime".
    My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

• Schleicher
      • Jun 2003

Clear Sky so far left me..indifferent so i restarted a game of SoC, blabla, have some pictars.
      Attached Files
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

• Moses2k
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Bucchus View Post
        I'm thinking the very slight motion blur I keep seeing now and then is by the Sky4CE mod (used the 2.0 one as it's updated)... but the inventory one at least isn't working. I should have sufficient resolution in the settings (1280x1024) but nope, it just doesn't do anything. Unless there was something more to it's installation than just "dump the gamedata in the gamedata after installing Oblivion Lost".
        The inv one might only be for widescreen. Sky4CE RC3's supposedly the best, but 1.87 or whatever's more stable.

Darkness normal made nights fairly realistic, I think.

Comment

• DiP
          • Apr 2005

Someone with more stalker experience than me(Harr harr innuendo) recommends Float32. As far as I can tell it optimizes the game for lower spec rigs.

I just got stalker today, and the oblivion lost mod and will try it out.

Can anyone else recommend some mods?
          Last edited by DiP; 16 Sep 2008, 10:10 AM. Reason: Oh, Shclieineinerninier said Float32 already:-/
          Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

• DiP
            • Apr 2005

Tried launching STALKER after installing a few mods and managed to slowly break the entire game. I reinstalled and now with a clean install, everytime I try to launch the game I am greeted with this error message
            Code:
            Expression    : fatal error
            Function      : CInifile::r_section
            File          : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp
            Line          : 342
            Description   : <no expression>
            Arguments     : Can't open section 'weapon_probability'
            Any ideas on how to fix this?
            Also Stalker isn't even on drive E...no wonder it "can't find it".

Comment

• Moses2k
              • Oct 2004

Launch the game with the start.cmd?

Try running it in various stages of being modded. Start with a fresh install.

Comment

• DiP
                • Apr 2005

This is a fresh install, and I get this error.

I bought it using steam, so I can't start it via cmd, and doing a fresh install is a bit of a pain.

Comment

• Moses2k
                  • Oct 2004

Make sure you patched latest; check/post on Steam forums re: the prob.

Comment

• Fuzzy Bunny
                    • Sep 2004

Or the Stalker forums, if you'd rather not adventure onto the Steam ones.
                    Based on a true story.
                    The prequel.

Comment

• Moses2k
                      • Oct 2004

And don't forget http://stalker.filefront.com if you want the game to be both playable and fun.

Comment

• Illuminus
                        • Jun 2004

Problem is i cant find the damn game anywhere in the area. For some reason the shops didnt bother getting stock for it. Maybe its a good thing though, gives the devs some time to fix the bugs and stuff.

Comment

• Moses2k
                          • Oct 2004

I have no doubt that ShoC is far the better of the two games, mind you; I don't recall if you've said you've played it. It's better for reasons of atmosphere and number of underground and interior areas.

Oh, and regarding CS, I can't decide which level was lamer: the last level or the second to last? The last was more broken, as, after quickloads, my target would changes places, all disappeary and shut. One time, he warped his ass over to the ground next to the edge of the map, real far-away like.

Comment

• Moses2k
                            • Oct 2004

STALK much?

Comment

• Bucchus
                              • Mar 2004

For those in the know, it just got even better. OL2.2 + most of the Stalker Complete 2009 + extra pretty things in one handy package. Time for the 3rd playthrough...
                              My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

• Illuminus
                                • Jun 2004

Man, i installed Clear Sky and havent touched it since. Game is just to difficult getting into.

Comment

Working...
                                X