• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WTaFa
    Banned
    • Sep 2010

BlackCatGames

Where I can find information about what is Black Cat Games?
  • Machine
    • Jan 2003

Attached Files
    ~TuF~

Comment

• Bandit
      • Nov 2003

You fialed, Mach. No info there.

.:.S.e.r.v.e.r.B.r.o.w.s.e.r.:.

Comment

• Machine
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
        You fialed, Mach.
        Yeah, I raelly scerwed up threre diddn't I?
        ~TuF~

Comment

• WTaFa
          Banned
          • Sep 2010

Let me summarize this research here:

"Black Cat Games is a group of self-motivated game developers from around the world, who work together to build interesting, original games. With roots in the mod world, we're currently putting the finishing touches on our first commercial title: Alien Swarm:Infested, built upon the Source Engine.
          We're always on the look out for talented individuals interested in expressing their creativity."

Is this all? Only 3 sentences?

I failed to find more information at BCG forums about "..group.." myself also.

I see "..Dalai - Code.." etc about other devs.

So there's not much information on Stuff page too.

Probably the person who add such expert-like tag to this thread can say about BlackCatGames more than I can see now.

People who spent so much own time on their projects deserved at least one well written article even if they don't interested in more detailed describing their persons and their group.

I've heard so much nice words about devs and their games, about nice and very friendly community around BCG brand that it's still hard to believe that I can't still read ONE enough informative article about DEV TEAM and ONE enough informative article about BCG COMMUNITY.

Comment

• Ran-bot
            • Sep 2004

Don't mind Machine, he's just a grumpy old man.

There's still some activity around here, but not like it was several years ago. Honestly, there hasn't been much happening around here development-wise since Alien Swarm:Infested was released. Right before Infested was released several of the BCG devs were hired by Valve, so they are plenty busy with their real jobs.

Comment

• WTaFa
              Banned
              • Sep 2010

I didn't asked about "activity" (what does this mean btw?).
              I didn't asked about development at all.

I have asked about
              Originally posted by WTaFa View Post
              ONE enough informative article about DEV TEAM and ONE enough informative article about BCG COMMUNITY.
              This is what I mean when I asked
              Originally posted by WTaFa View Post
              Where I can find information about what is Black Cat Games?
              As I know BCG it is dev's team and a community. Where's this all knowledge about team from past time when devs did their job?

Btw it's not dev's bussiness to write nice article about themselves. Community can do it. Ofc if it was interested and still are interesting in dev's personalities.

From your words, Ran-bot, I can understand that BCG community can't write nice article about BCG dev team? That's right?

Ofc it's more easy to add this very helpful tag to this thread and say that BCG has no future. But do you remember the past?

Comment

• lightfoot
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by WTaFa
                But do you remember the past?
                If I recall it alright, it was a time when people liked to articulate their thoughts in a precise and understandable manner, and thus they cared for spelling, wording, and behaviour.

I remember it fondly.

Comment

• Archie
                  • Feb 2004

+1

Comment

• Bandit
                    • Nov 2003

.:.S.e.r.v.e.r.B.r.o.w.s.e.r.:.

Comment

• WTaFa
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2010

Back to topic please

Comment

• Schleicher
                        • Jun 2003

Regarding "who" is BCG you used to have Dalai, Cythe and another i forgot being the core devs doing secret things. Mordengaard was a mapper dude, Twark was a coder dude who was already gone by the time i was new to this game which is frikken ancient times now. Orgy was the local comrade/mapper/textures? Thats about all i remember about the original team without firing up TuT and looking at the credits

BCG Community? For really prominent people, guess Laughingrat being mega-admin. Kewlazme being a cheater, Starwhores having a really weird name, Brody and Brokenarts of course, dudes from Crackaz, TuF and the Mockers, Phaethorn sounding like Microsoft Sam or something and also liking the very first ever version of TH-Cult i ever showed to anyone so its ALL his fault - course theres many more. If theres still clan pages look at those. Shug made a Thievery memorial thing on the mockers site iirc?

The "core" TuT team is all at Valve now and the rest is doin their own things too. NB never got off the ground, TuT isnt worked on officially anymore, ASi kinda faded. Neither BCG or any of their projects exist anymore id say, but hey if you still got dudes caring after 10 years thats something :p
                        My leet Thievery Map
                        My leet UT3 Map
                        My leet AS Map

Comment

• BrokenArts
                          Former Forum Staff
                          • Jan 2003

+1

Comment

• FixXxeR
                            • Jan 2003

Why are you asking and why do you want a specific answer? What is your point in other words.
                            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                            -YT

Comment

• WTaFa
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by FixXxeR View Post
                              Why are you asking and why do you want a specific answer? What is your point in other words.
                              My thread New site about thievery world is my point from 16th of October 2011, Fixer.
                              Do you think I need a point at all? And is the answer that I'm want looks enough specific?

I asked about what is Black Cats Games and I asked that on the site that called blackcatgames.com.
                              How you can say that answer on such question that consists from 3 sentences is normal? I failed to see even a word about BCG community in this answer also.

Let's compare this "normal" answer about BCG and my draft about thievery game for my future site:
                              60 words vs more then 25000 words. Is it still normal, Fixer?

P.S. Ofc I'll convert that draft in smaller articles later.
                              Last edited by WTaFa; 21 Jan 2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X