X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arcana_imperii
    • Jul 2005

Mappack error

I was trying to map a little and I keep getting an error message when I run the .bat file:

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1000 MHz with 255MB RAM
    Video: No Video

Can't find edit package 'OGGPlayer'

History: UEditorEngine::Init <- UUnrealEdEngine::Init <- InitEngine
  • Dalai
    Project Lead
    • May 2002

If you do a forum search, you'll find out the answer to this:

Comment

• SpamSlayer
      • Sep 2003

But if you have UT2003 you should check out the mapping pack in that, then you'll find yourself a nice lil error about the Nb scale test, thats when you go and download the ThieveryContent.rar thingie after you get that you might get another error (i didn't scale test worked fine)

but if you do get another error then you can take the Nb model (in mapping pack) and place in it your UT2003>Animations folder, then you get to do some really easy notepad typing stuff...just make an *.int and a *.upl file, just look at the other default character int and upl, should be easy to figure out. This just put the model in the game for you, and then you can run around as a thief.

Is pretty fun, put the thief ingame and the guard, with CTF, really fun Guard vs. Thieves CTF Also you can check out the animations for the guard, They're awesome

Originally posted by Nightblade website
      Foxy has also managed to entice a professional animator to help out, so we can look forward to some great custom animations. w00t!
      Not sure if that animator is still working on it, but its gonna be sweet if he/she is

Originally posted by Scale test error
      General protection fault!

History: UObjectProperty::Link &lt;- (ObjectProperty NbScaleTest.NbScaleController.PlayerWalking.Player Tick.TP) &lt;- LinkProperties &lt;- UStruct::Link &lt;- UFunction::Link &lt;- UStruct::Serialize &lt;- (Function NbScaleTest.NbScaleController.PlayerWalking.Player Tick) &lt;- UFunction::Serialize &lt;- LoadObject &lt;- (Function NbScaleTest.NbScaleController.PlayerWalking.Player Tick 27324==27324/30397 27289 42) &lt;- ULinkerLoad:reload &lt;- LinkProperties &lt;- UStruct::Link &lt;- UState::Link &lt;- UStruct::Serialize &lt;- (State NbScaleTest.NbScaleController.PlayerWalking) &lt;- UState::Serialize &lt;- LoadObject &lt;- (State NbScaleTest.NbScaleController.PlayerWalking 27324==27324/30397 27240 49) &lt;- ULinkerLoad:reload &lt;- LinkProperties &lt;- UStruct::Link &lt;- UState::Link &lt;- UClass::Link &lt;- UStruct::Serialize &lt;- (Class NbScaleTest.NbScaleController) &lt;- UState::Serialize &lt;- UClass::Serialize &lt;- (Class NbScaleTest.NbScaleController) &lt;- LoadObject &lt;- (Class NbScaleTest.NbScaleController 27324==27324/30397 5917 766) &lt;- ULinkerLoad:reload &lt;- PreLoadObjects &lt;- UObject::EndLoad &lt;- UEditorEngine::Init &lt;- UUnrealEdEngine::Init &lt;- InitEngine
      Thats the scale test error, also if you do not have the bonus pack for UT2003 try this:
      Originally posted by Dalai
      Hmm, try removing these lines from the Nightblade.ini:

EditPackages=BonusPack
      EditPackages=SkaarjPack
      EditPackages=SkaarjPack_rc
      EditPackages=OGGPlayer

ServerPackages=UTClassic
      ServerPackages=BonusPack
      ServerPackages=SkaarjPack
      ServerPackages=SkaarjPack_rc
      If nothing works:
      Originally posted by Dalai
      I'm not sure what that error means exactly. Try using these files and see if it fixes the problem:

If not, then for now, open your Nightblade.ini and copy the extra Paths= lines to the correct place in your UT2003.ini and just use normal UEd to get access to the textures and such.
      To fix the Cannot find textures for blah blah blag
      Originally posted by SpamSlayer
      Can't find ThPlayerSkins.Thief.FoxyHiThiefOne ThPlayerSkins.Thief.FoxyHiThiefTwo, so i fixed this by exporting the Red thief skin and Blue thief skin and imported them into the texture file, renamed as FoxyHiThiefOne and FoxyHiThiefTwo
      Thats if you have UT2003
      Last edited by SpamSlayer; 30 Jul 2005, 08:45 AM.
      SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

• arcana_imperii
        • Jul 2005

I was under the impression that this would be a UT2004 mod.

O well.

Comment

• Master-Builder
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by arcana_imperii
          I was under the impression that this would be a UT2004 mod.

O well.
          It is a UT2004 mod, just started development on ut2003.

Oh and, just ignore people who have spam in their name.

Comment

• arcana_imperii
            • Jul 2005

So, since I have UT2004 I can't get this to work.
            Sorry but I am not well versed in figuring out Software/PC problems.

Comment

• Radamanthus
              • Jan 2003

My own scaletest refises to work, so I'm jsut comparing basics in size with what I had when hte scaletest did owrk back under 2003. I'mn hoping ht scale will nothave changed....
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

• SpamSlayer
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                Oh and, just ignore people who have spam in their name.
                Ouch.
                Sorry bout the confusion arcana_imperii.

Comment

• arcana_imperii
                  • Jul 2005

Ok, so my question was, is there a way to correct the error I posted?

Comment

• SpamSlayer
                    • Sep 2003

No, not when using UT2004 (do i win?)

or mayb...try removing the oggplayer thing from the ini, its looking for that file that isn't there

I think its EditPackages=OGGPlayer

Comment

• DiP
                      • Apr 2005

Ok since this thread doesnt seem to be going anywhere and that i had the same problem ill tell you what i did,
                      I changed the editpackages for the ogg player...
                      And now i get
                      Assertion failed: FriendlyName!=NAME_None [File:.\UnClass.cpp] [Line: 701]
                      History: UStruct::Serialize <- (Class ThHumanMaleA.ThAnimNotify_ActivateMelee1) <- UState::Serialize <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class ThHumanMaleA.ThAnimNotify_ActivateMelee1) <- LoadObject <- (Class ThHumanMaleA.ThAnimNotify_ActivateMelee1 779720==779720/4467151 779715 1) <- ULinkerLoad:reload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- ULinkerLoad::CreateImport <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (ThAnimNotify_DeactivateMelee1 779720) <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- (LinkerLoad Package.LinkerLoad139 779720)) <- TArray<< <- TArray<< <- UMeshAnimation::Serialize <- (MeshAnimation ThHumanMaleA.ThBipedMaleA) <- LoadObject <- (MeshAnimation ThHumanMaleA.ThBipedMaleA 779720==779720/4467151 4706 774873) <- ULinkerLoad:reload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- ULinkerLoad::CreateImport <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- (LinkerLoad Package.LinkerLoad135 27672)) <- UObjectProperty::Serialize <- (ObjectProperty NbScaleTest.NbScaleController.PlayerWalking.Player Tick.TP) <- LoadObject <- (ObjectProperty NbScaleTest.NbScaleController.PlayerWalking.Player Tick.TP 27672==27672/30397 27657 15) <- ULinkerLoad:reload <- LinkProperties <- UStruct::Link <- UFunction::Link <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Function NbScaleTest.NbScaleController.PlayerWalking.Player Tick) <- UFunction::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Function NbScaleTest.NbScaleController.PlayerWalking.Player Tick 27672==27672/30397 27289 42) <- ULinkerLoad:reload <- LinkProperties <- UStruct::Link <- UState::Link <- UStruct::Serialize <- (State NbScaleTest.NbScaleController.PlayerWalking) <- UState::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (State NbScaleTest.NbScaleController.PlayerWalking 27672==27672/30397 27240 49) <- ULinkerLoad:reload <- LinkProperties <- UStruct::Link <- UState::Link <- UClass::Link <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Class NbScaleTest.NbScaleController) <- UState::Serialize <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class NbScaleTest.NbScaleController) <- LoadObject <- (Class NbScaleTest.NbScaleController 27672==27672/30397 5917 766) <- ULinkerLoad:reload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UEditorEngine::Init <- UUnrealEdEngine::Init <- InitEngine
                      IDeas?
                      Yes i am using ut2004.
                      btw, if you moved this part of the forum above alien swarm then NightBlade would be more popular than AS:I
                      Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

• SpamSlayer
                        • Sep 2003

lol, well i never got the mapping pack to work in UT2004, never really tried, closest i got was downloading the war machine model of the original UT model applying the guard skins, taking the thief model and putting it in UT2004 and then just have those characters to use to scale stuff while making the maps...which reminds me i need to get back to furnuclus's map, its been a while and i just need to finish up texturing it

Comment

• Radamanthus
                          • Jan 2003

Copy oggplayer from ut2003/system to ut2004/system

Behold! it works!
                          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

• DiP
                            • Apr 2005

i dont have ut2003 unfortunatly....oh well....it just means you wont have your incredibly pixelated static meshes.
                            Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

• SpamSlayer
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                              Copy oggplayer from ut2003/system to ut2004/system

Behold! it works!
                              Yes, you could...BUT what if you want to connect to a ut2004 server that checks all the *.u files for hax and stuff, it might think that the ogg *.u file is a aimbot or something and some servers have it so you get auto ban Just a heads up

Comment

Working...
                              X