Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > The Archives > Archived Public Forums > Nightblade Discussion

Notices

Old 20th May 2008, 09:22 AM   #61
Rodent

Location: Fighting to survive in a war with the darkest power...
I'd ban them both, just to be sure.

The ability to colour one's alias should clearly be dependant upon the aesthetic result of one's BCG forum profile, and a system must be devised to preclude those with clashing colours from ever changing their ingame name.
Old 20th May 2008, 09:58 AM   #62
LoUie

id agree if i had pink or magenta which that is glad XD but purple? noo >_<

btw, FRH and the rest, "annoy and annoy" just cut it out.. this is starting to get really rediculas.. how annoyed can someone POSSIBLY get because a nickname with a color or two.. jesus CHRIST. simply insane imo.
Old 20th May 2008, 10:06 AM   #63
-KewlAzMe-

Originally Posted by TafferBoy: ( link to post ) 
Next Louie joins the server, Should Louie be kicked from the server
YES
Old 20th May 2008, 10:09 AM   #64
LoUie

Originally Posted by -KewlAzMe-: ( link to post ) 
YES
who shouldnt if they had PINK or MAGENTA in their nickname?
Old 20th May 2008, 11:28 AM   #65
-KewlAzMe-

That was more of a Fuchsia i think.
Old 20th May 2008, 11:35 AM   #66
LoUie

no, its magenta, and thats what its called on the forums aswell, kid.
Old 20th May 2008, 11:45 AM   #67
-KewlAzMe-

might be what its called.. .but i still say its fuchsia, dad
Old 20th May 2008, 12:01 PM   #68
LoUie

Originally Posted by -KewlAzMe-: ( link to post ) 
might be what its called.. .but i still say its fuchsia, dad
i dont even wanna know how many ppl you call "dad" per day when they point out your childish behaviour. including the cheating once aswell id take a guess at.. hm to be realistic and not exaggerate.. 17? now i think we've said everything that could be said in this thread. CLOZE! btw, im letting you get the last word aswell, cause i totally assume you'd want that ofc. go ahead
Old 20th May 2008, 01:16 PM   #69
-KewlAzMe-

Originally Posted by LoUie: ( link to post ) 
i dont even wanna know how many ppl you call "dad" per day when they point out your childish behaviour. including the cheating once aswell id take a guess at.. hm to be realistic and not exaggerate.. 17? now i think we've said everything that could be said in this thread. CLOZE! btw, im letting you get the last word aswell, cause i totally assume you'd want that ofc. go ahead
[the last word]
LOL ... "Behavior"! How can you make a post with the word "color" but then reuse the "u" in behavior?
[/the last word]
Old 20th May 2008, 02:18 PM   #70
FatRatHead

id agree if i had pink or magenta which that is glad XD but purple? noo >_<

btw, FRH and the rest, "annoy and annoy" just cut it out.. this is starting to get really rediculas.. how annoyed can someone POSSIBLY get because a nickname with a color or two.. jesus CHRIST. simply insane imo.
See? Even talking about it got you annoyed, now imagine it in action.
Old 20th May 2008, 03:08 PM   #71
LoUie

Originally Posted by FatRatHead: ( link to post ) 
See? Even talking about it got you annoyed, now imagine it in action.
no, if you read it bit closer you'll se that the thing i got annoyed over was ppl thats exaggeration EXTREMELY much over a color.. its like "oh noes! :sadface: now i cant play!!" its srsly are REDICULAS imo.
Old 20th May 2008, 03:48 PM   #72
-KewlAzMe-

Old 20th May 2008, 03:56 PM   #73
LoUie

irrelevant. point?
Old 20th May 2008, 05:30 PM   #74
Ghostly apparition

ehm no. either the option is availble or it isnt, theres nothing inbetween here, cause making everybody able to se others nickname is quite a big POINT of the whole thing aswell.
This gets to the crux of the whole issue. Why is it important to you for others to NOT have the option to turn it off if it wasn't to annoy people? Either have the option to turn it off or I say don't make color names. IT WILL LEAD TO ABUSE. There are far to many asshats who will make stupid multicolor rainbow names just to annoy people. You know it to be true louie so don't act stupid.

edit: Your point might be better taken if you could spell and learned to use spaces when typing words. Seriously your posts are like reading grade school writing.
Old 20th May 2008, 05:43 PM   #75
necros

Vanity

Get over it... it's the internet for god's sake.
Old 20th May 2008, 06:06 PM   #76
LoUie

Originally Posted by Ghostly apparition: ( link to post ) 
This gets to the crux of the whole issue. Why is it important to you for others to NOT have the option to turn it off if it wasn't to annoy people? Either have the option to turn it off or I say don't make color names. IT WILL LEAD TO ABUSE. There are far to many asshats who will make stupid multicolor rainbow names just to annoy people. You know it to be true louie so don't act stupid.

edit: Your point might be better taken if you could spell and learned to use spaces when typing words. Seriously your posts are like reading grade school writing.
i often miss spell words and dont care to correct them both in english AND swedish, and im aware of it, this is the god damn INTERNET, so im honestly not offended in anyway. besides, factwise when ppl starts to assault in discussions its because they lack arguingskillz and starts to assault other than sticking to the issue, instant win for me here, thank you drive thru.

and no, IF someone actually did a multicolored nickname its more to be "rediculas" and thinks its fun, not to annoy people, that would be the LEAST they'd think of.. ive never even thought about ppl getting annoyed over it, thats totally rediculas, i got other problems to worry about than getting annoyed over a damn colored NICKNAME.. just WHAT!!!?? NO! how can you even sink yourself to that level that you actually get annoyed by a nickname? yet again, simply INSANE. there are no words.. are you a retard? srsly..? cause i just cant understand it.
Old 20th May 2008, 06:14 PM   #77
-KewlAzMe-

Here's a nice sample of how a colorized forum could look:
http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic27476.html

TEST:This is the coolest feature ever!

We can all type like this!

Last edited by -KewlAzMe-; 20th May 2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 20th May 2008, 06:23 PM   #78
TafferBoy

oh this is ever so fun, especially the row over the colour 'magenta'.

I think I should point something out...

FRH posted:

Originally Posted by FRH:
Well I suggested players would see only their own colour customisation - others would stay unchanged. This way users could quench their twisted desires without annoying other people.
To which Louie responded:

Originally Posted by LoUie:
ehm no. either the option is availble or it isnt, theres nothing inbetween here, cause making everybody able to se others nickname is quite a big POINT of the whole thing aswell.
Which prompted Ghostly to assert:

Originally Posted by Ghostly:
This gets to the crux of the whole issue. Why is it important to you for others to NOT have the option to turn it off if it wasn't to annoy people?
Now... why are you arguing exactly? Louie's comment was in response to FRH's suggestion that you would only see the colours in your own nick.

Seriously, if you guys didn't get personal with your posts you would have nothing to argue about. This is how wars start you know!

...and hear I thought that mis-spelling things waz fashionable on teh internets :O
Old 20th May 2008, 06:43 PM   #79
Ghostly apparition

sorry I didn't see what frh posted.
As I said earlier, as long as I have the option to turn it off I don't care.
As someone else said, why are we even talking about this?
Shouldn't we be discussing game features instead?
Old 20th May 2008, 06:51 PM   #80
LoUie

sorry I didn't see what frh posted.
As I said earlier, as long as I have the option to turn it off I don't care.
As someone else said, why are we even talking about this?
Shouldn't we be discussing game features instead?
just a quick little rediculas suggestioN^ that would be fun
this is just small thing.
yea, theres plenty other threads, no one is stopping you.
Old 20th May 2008, 06:51 PM   #81
-KewlAzMe-

Nah... this is much more important. This will remove all balance problems and is the best weapon.

Sneak up on Guard...
Reach over your head ready to strike...
Write multiCOLORed graffiti all over the wall next to him...
Run!
Old 20th May 2008, 06:55 PM   #82
FatRatHead

By trying so hard you're only upping the chance of mod coming and locking this down and silencing the NB forums for yet another fortnight.

On another note, some sort of feature to ignore shouts from certain players could come in handy.
Old 20th May 2008, 06:57 PM   #83
Ghostly apparition

Seriously, if you guys didn't get personal with your posts you would have nothing to argue about. This is how wars start you know!
I wasn't getting personal, I was pointing out a fact. His writing is like a grade schooler.
as evidence, I present the following in which I can barely understand what he is saying.

to, factwise when ppl starts to assault in discussions its because they lack arguingskillz and starts to assault other than sticking to the issue, instant win for me here, thank you drive thru.

and no, IF someone actually did a multicolored nickname its more to be "rediculas" and thinks its fun, not to annoy people, that would be the LEAST they'd think of.. ive never even thought about ppl getting annoyed over it, thats totally rediculas, i got other problems to worry about than getting annoyed over a damn colored NICKNAME.. just WHAT!!!?? NO! how can you even sink yourself to that level that you actually get annoyed by a nickname? yet again, simply INSANE. there are no words.. are you a retard? srsly..? cause i just cant understand it.

No really? what is he trying to say here? assault what? and by whom? drive through assault?

It may be the internet and may be fashionable to spell leet speak or whatever but if your trying to argue a point its usually best to be succinct and at the very least readable.
Old 20th May 2008, 08:41 PM   #84
Rodent

Location: Fighting to survive in a war with the darkest power...
I think his writing style is clearly suitable for the levity of the topic at hand.
Old 20th May 2008, 08:47 PM   #85
TafferBoy

Rodent has it haha

Ghostly, what I mean is that if you didn't end your post with that edit complaining about poor spelling and grammar (which on an internet forum is tantamount to pissing into the ocean), you guys might have reached an understanding about the value of a toggleable setting.
(not that louie is blameless - *cough*)

As it is you can continue a discussion about spelling (a recurring theme in this thread) for all the fruit it will bear...

Originally Posted by FRH:
On another note, some sort of feature to ignore shouts from certain players could come in handy.
Chat and Voice filters are a sensible suggestion. I couldn't survive public team fortress 2 without 'voice_enable 0' (disables voice-chat). However, it would be better if you could mute individual players - both chat and speech.
Old 20th May 2008, 09:30 PM   #86
Ghostly apparition

Rodent has it haha

Ghostly, what I mean is that if you didn't end your post with that edit complaining about poor spelling and grammar (which on an internet forum is tantamount to pissing into the ocean), you guys might have reached an understanding about the value of a toggleable setting.
(not that louie is blameless - *cough*)

As it is you can continue a discussion about spelling (a recurring theme in this thread) for all the fruit it will bear...

Chat and Voice filters are a sensible suggestion. I couldn't survive public team fortress 2 without 'voice_enable 0' (disables voice-chat). However, it would be better if you could mute individual players - both chat and speech.
Chat and voice filters is a very good idea.

The point I was trying to make with the edit was, for someone arguing that people would be sensible with the color names etc, to make that argument while writing like A Rager might on a counter strike forum seems like a lost cause to me. But, hey, what do I know.

Last edited by Ghostly apparition; 20th May 2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 21st May 2008, 03:25 AM   #87
TafferBoy

haha yes indeed. Although CS forums make our BCG look like the writings of professional academics.
Old 21st May 2008, 03:45 AM   #88
necros

The best part about the right to free speech is that paired with it, is the right not to listen to anyone either.

If someone is spouting shit about anything or anyone, that's their right. And its also your right not to give two craps about him either.

But if you take away the ability to ignore someone, they suddenly become very annoying.

Were you to liken this to a situation, most people in the good old you kay are although accused of rampantly being racists, are infact probably as far from it as you can get. However, when you start shoving your own culture and ideals down someone else's throats it becomes very offensive.

Similarily, if everyone starts using epileptic style rainbow names, and there isn't a way to simply ignore or disable it for all players, it could only lead to bitching bouts.

Since it would take even more time for the devs to implement the name colouring and a feature to optionally disable it; they mightaswell just not and pay more attention to more important things such as getting the game working and getting the game balanced.
Old 21st May 2008, 04:18 AM   #89
LoUie

No really? what is he trying to say here? assault what? and by whom? drive through assault?
Hi Gostly apparition!

Other than I wrote that bunch of text quite careless you got to be quite slow if you seriously didnt understand it. What im trying to say is that when people in discussions starts with "personal assaults" i think its called, yes?

Rather than sticking to the issue itself and starts dissing people by saying totally irrelevant stuff about them, like "you're dumb" "you cant spell" and similar things (attacking the PERSON instead of the ISSUE) its facts that they dont know how to argue good enough in a discussion. Thats something children in kindergaarden would do. One of the most important rules in discussions is that you should know what you're aiming for and sticking to the issue the whole time. KAM is a good example of someone who isnt sticking to the issue, so i dont know what he's even doing in here, he just makes himself look even more dumber than what he is.

The last part "thank you drive through" was just a rediculas expression of "WALK". By the way, dont get the wrong idea of the whole text, im still writing it careless even though im using big letters and periods, just to make your feel home Ghostly
Old 21st May 2008, 04:27 AM   #90
TafferBoy

Louie:

the spelling is 'ridiculous'

Necros:

True, there is clearly value in having a toggle setting.

Presumably if you went to the trouble of adding coloured names, it would be simple task to add a setting to switch them on and off.

Not that I think anyone should go to the trouble of adding coloured names - as you say there are more pressing matters.

Tags
baked, colour, pointless