Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Thievery Forums > Thievery Discussion

Old 3rd Nov 2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Przemek557

Players' stats

I have just started logging players' stats on my server (again ). I would appreciate if you could give me any feedback about its functions. To be honest, what I already have is quite a lot of stats, but maybe you can come up with something good. Under this link you can find some old stats I used to store, but because I did it wrong way, I had to change the method.
old server stats
There are also achievements below. Apart from those seen there, regarding mostly the stats, like 500th thiefkill, 100th speed potion, 100th hour online etc, I have been also considering single-rounds achievements, like 10 KOs in single round, 10 torches relit in a single round etc. I could also make some achievements for particular maps, let's say playing Grange 50 times, stealing a maploot, winning in less than 3 minutes, etc.

Feel free to share any ideas you may have. Stats are already being logged, soon I will be creating a software for processing them, merging, uploading, creating achievements and so on. Until I finish it, some fresh ideas may be still implemented.
Old 3rd Nov 2013, 10:02 PM   #2
Dalai
Project Lead

Very cool. I was thinking about adding some stat tracking to Thievery. I'll be curious to see what stats and achievements you come up with!
Dalai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2013, 06:01 AM   #3
NeuroFunkeR

nice, her a few examples came to mind: shadow lurker, at least 50% of all the hours, spend crawling in the shadows. Assassin - killed 100 guards. Basso - stole 10k loot. Benny - returned about 100x more loot then killing thieves.
NeuroFunkeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2013, 06:43 AM   #4
Keggie

Black Out - Ko'ed 100 guards
Fat Cat - carried more then 2x the amount of loot needed to win
Pin cushin - recieved 300+ damage from bolts in one life
Occupational Hazard - Get killed 100 times
Elite Thief - Get killed after a self crack
RatFall - Fall to your death 20 times
SlowMo - Kill a thief while he is paralised
Thats Mine - Kill 20 thieves with Mines
Mine Now - Kill a guard with a picked mine
LuckShot - Tag an Invis Thief
What A Waste - Kill a thief with a para bolt
Tag Team - Kill 20 thieves tagged by another guard
BigFoot - Crush 20 thieves
Mario - Mario 50 Guards
MadGerbil - Firebolt Suicide 20 times
Lock Smith - Pick 1000 Locks
Master Thief - Win as a thief 1v4
Your Fired - As a guard get killed by Lord Gerome
Videos - YouTube

Last edited by Keggie; 4th Nov 2013 at 07:05 AM.
Keggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2013, 07:01 AM   #5
NeuroFunkeR

mario can be applied to both guards and thieves actually. Ahaha get fired would be my first achievement ever :d
Old 4th Nov 2013, 07:03 AM   #6
Keggie

like i didnt know that as a thief it would be far to easy... there, tweaked just for you..

and yeah, the first title i thought of for that would be the Alex-X-x award
Videos - YouTube
Old 4th Nov 2013, 07:22 AM   #7
NeuroFunkeR

Originally Posted by keggie: ( link to post ) 

and yeah, the first title i thought of for that would be the alex-x-x award :p
:d
Old 5th Nov 2013, 02:43 PM   #8
FatRatHead

Too bad the map stats are borked. Hard to tell how hard the maps actually are.
BTW, what is this: "chuj wie, zjebalo sie cos wtedy" entry in the stats and how is it logged?
FatRatHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2013, 05:06 PM   #9
Przemek557

LOL I didn't notice that when I was posting that link. At the beginning there was a bug or sth and achievement didn't log so I had to log it manually. I didn't know the date so I put that string into it xD.

Some technical stuff:
The stats issue (I suppose) was that I was saving them into ini files, and at some point it stopped working, it couldn't log any more. I think I sort of misused the inis which were designed to store a few values at once, not hundreds of KB of values. At first it worked well, but after a while after counting and updating someones (I think it was Alex) stats it just put 0.0 to every value of his record.
Now the idea of stats is a bit different, I log every single rounds stats into a separate file. UT can write files but cannot read them, or at least I never heard of it. That's why I will need an external parser that will be executed after each round (yes UT fortunately can execute files), and will update stats or maybe even automatically upload them on a remote server. The functionality will be kept the same apart from displaying the achievements in-game as a server message, for the game won't be able to check if the KO thief scored that round was already his 100th KO. This would require writing a native function, which as long as is just server-side is possible and not too difficult to implement.

I'm glad to see the examples you posted, all of them are very good ideas. I will need to look into TUT code to see if I will be able to implement them all. I have already checked that counting locks picked may be problematic, as it happens mostly client-side, therefore I would need to make the mutator not server-side only and make clients somehow report about picking a lock. And as this one seems to be still in reach, I doubt it will be possible to determine whether the crackcloud was created by self. Of course I wouldn't like to overwrite any class to keep full compatibility with other mutators.
Old 6th Nov 2013, 05:48 AM   #10
NeuroFunkeR

just came few classics to mind:

as a thief, pick up someones telescope to unlock: Przemek, masz teleskop? Achievement

Loot the grange kitchen and grab a key and food, to get exactly 800 loot, unlocks: Mam, klucze, mam zarcia, mam luta - spierdalam! achievement.

Mario the guard patroling sewers to unolck LOL jesze se zwalilem (or whatever he said after koing that guard at sewers)
Old 6th Nov 2013, 06:03 AM   #11
Przemek557

lol, he didn't mario anyone, not even KOed. He just took damage falling of the ladder between sewers and kitchen.
Old 6th Nov 2013, 06:05 AM   #12
NeuroFunkeR

Originally Posted by Przemek557: ( link to post ) 
lol, he didn't mario anyone, not even KOed. He just took damage falling of the ladder between sewers and kitchen.
ah lol
Old 6th Nov 2013, 09:19 AM   #13
Vigilant

In case anyone wondered what those two above are rambling about :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AriHLilnjPE

Btw, Keggie, not a bad list, but also some mad grammar/spelling skillz *ducks* lol
Vigilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2013, 09:43 AM   #14
Keggie

nothing new there then
Videos - YouTube
Old 23rd Nov 2013, 07:32 AM   #15
Przemek557

I've added some features since last update. The mutator now properly tracks many more statistic such as number of: locks picked, mines picked, mine kills, thieves paralyzed, on-speed thieves paralyzed, on-invis thieves tagged, thieves killed by other guard while tagged by you, thieves tagged by other guard you managed to kill, enemies killed by you due to triggering a mine (kamikaze), and more!
To achieve some mine features I had no other reasonable option but to override the default TUT mine. It has no effect on you ofc, but if the mutator was to be used with other mutator modifying a mine they wouldn't cope. Fortunately I don't recall any mine-modifying mutator (even promod doesn't), so for now the mutator most likely remains fully compatible with all TvG mutators. Anyway it was worth doing it, it gave a lot more possibilities, and also allowed me to have some fun with mine effect. Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHD5GG1DvVI
Note that the last one is only when a player is killed since I didn't want to affect gameplay in any way, it is just a visual effect. Also, the Z-axis momentum transferred can be lowered.
Old 19th Dec 2013, 08:45 AM   #16
Przemek557

Okay, here is a short progress report:
Stats seem to be finished, everything works as expected, I have also added a feature that allows me to add some stats later - in case there is something missing, without need to reset stats. What is more I have also completed the parser I mentioned a few posts above, which runs at the end of every run and appends rounds stats to overall stats. As it was before - there are 3 types of stats: standard, reliable and super-reliable, the first holds all rounds stats, the second holds just rounds with 4+ players and the last one holds 7+ players rounds which is at least 3v4.
It would be quite a lot of work to write all statistics that can be logged, so I will just the tell that the mutator logs more than 100 variables for each player, such as: thieves killed with tag bolt, used health potions, food eaten, craters left, marios, locks picked, mines triggered etc. With those values I can make even more stats, since I can make "Total potions used" by simply adding all potion stats, I can make average of some potions used per round etc. This means that there will be about 200-250 unique stats for every single player.

technical info:
The mutator itself is no longer just server-side, as it became required to execute some code on client. Today I will put it on my server and it will be possible to test it. I will hold with any official release till Thievery 1.7 is out, as it may change some things and I may be required to remake some parts of my mutator. The code consists of about 2300 UnrealScript lines, and 2000 C++ lines for the parser.

What is left to be done:
All the HTML, PHP and javascript stuff, for displaying stats on the net, sorting them, filtering, comparing etc. Another thing is the achievement system which is still not implemented, but it will more likely come as a separate mutator.
Old 8th Jul 2016, 05:10 AM   #17
Przemek557

BlackCat Score recorder web release

Some things have changed since my last posts, so I will give you an update (yes, this project is still alive!). I think I will start from the beginning (it's been a while).

What are we talking about?
It is a mutator that logs all players' stats at the end of every round. It logs more than a hundred of various statistics for each player (like used potions, tag bolt hits taken or given, thieves killed with mace, etc.). At the end of each round all statistics (plus some round-specific stats, like the team that won, round duration etc), are logged into a file. After that, the game calls an application I coded, that parses the output and puts it into a database. That data in DB can be then used by a web app, that will display stats to users.

How much has been done?
The mutator works on my server since December 2013 (though the server hasn't been working all that time unfortunately). It is fairly stable, if a problem shows up, it gets fixed asap. I recently coded a parser (I've been mentioning a few posts before, that I already had one, but it was a poor one, now I made a far-better implementation) - this means that all rounds logged before, and all rounds from the moment I made it, could be uploaded to database. There is also a web app (it is not finished yet) I've been working on for some time. I recently made the website public (link will be given below). You can browse all round stats - there is a list of all rounds played on my server, that you can filter, and display details about each round. You can also browse all aggregated players stats (there is a link for that on top of the website) - you may also specify which rounds should it count (via filters panel), for instance you may display players stats from rounds that took place between January and May, and had at least 4 players on (2v2 or more) - it is all up to you. It is possible to display all stats (their sum and average values), what makes a total of 262 unique columns (the code file with columns definitions has more than 3K lines).

What is left to be done?
Well, changes will be just in the web app - I will be adding more features from time to time. I have some cool ideas in mind, I will keep them secret until release - for now I can tell there is going to be a similar list to players stats, but with map stats instead (there is already an inactive link for that at the top of the page). There won't be as many columns as in players stats (I guess it won't be important to see which map has the most tag bolt kills per round), but there will be columns like Thieves/Guards win %, Thieves killed(total/average), Guards killed(total/average), Craters left(total/average) (I know it's going to be Flats on the top of the list), Average round time, etc. Wins ratio would be very handy, to determine which maps are best balanced for desired players count (for example, you will be able to see wins ratio for 2v3 rounds, and decide which maps are the most balance for such rounds). Another feature I have in mind, is the ability to display each players profile by clicking on his name in players stats list (in similar way that "Details" link works in round stats). There will be some detailed stats about each players (including some of those secret features I mentioned before).

I'll update this topic every time I add some features to the web app. Unfortunately, it all requires time, which I don't have too much lately (says the guy who in last few months has been - according to stats - online the most time, released a map made from scratch, a server browser, and now comes with a stats browser), so we will see if TUT won't die (isn't it already dead?) before.

Haxers Thievery Server stats

I will also take the opportunity to remind you of a server browser I made recently. There is also a new level for TUT, (work-name Th-DEV_001), that is actually finished (will be called Th-HaxersEstate, or Th-HaxersCatilianEstate). It is already available on my server (TH-DEV_001_018), I will create a topic about it in mapping subforum in a few days.