Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Thievery Forums > Thievery Discussion > Thievery Guilds

Old 11th Mar 2005, 07:04 PM   #31
Chalrif

Originally Posted by The Dragon:
I'm so pleased with the third round of Asylum...I spent the whole match trying to survive and wondering how on earth we'd win...the miracle called Demandred worked his magic, though!
Very much fun. Actually had to use a decoy in the third round. That's right. A decoy. Without that decoy, Forsaken would have lost. Such irony, that an item so trivial can make all the difference of victory.

Also, contrary to popular belief, there was no abuse of the body bug during the asylum matches. Fact of the matter was that all the vaccines were in the exit along with the body during the last two rounds. The precision at which the Forsaken operated in Asylum round II merely led the opposing team (and maybe some onlookers) to believe the bug was abused.

Awesomely played matches with lots of skill on either side. Once again, t'was great fun, and I look forward to the next.

Last edited by Chalrif; 11th Mar 2005 at 07:35 PM.
Chalrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2005, 07:49 PM   #32
The Creator

Great review Gabe! Damn that silver key. Fake keys should be a purchasable item ;P
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2005, 10:17 AM   #33
Thief13x

Originally Posted by Gabriel:
- Rahvin almost successfully trapping a surprised industrialism in the back shed, who then struck at poor Rahvin repeatedly with the ferocity of a caged beast and bursting free, only to be impaled on the sword of Demandred seconds later.
That was me Indust didnt play grange. You wouldn't want to hear the TS recording after that kill I was so close to slipping out before the guard blocked the door that I actually tried to shove past him, only to get slapped back in with a sword. Good write up gabe, and good game forsaken, a truly dramatic few hours for the NLDW's, but it was fun.

P.S - I would love to hear forsaken's TS chat, phae kept exlaiming how rowdy you guys were compared to our 'tranquility'.

Timmy
Old 12th Mar 2005, 04:23 PM   #34
industrialism

Quick question, any screen shots or ts recordings. because I remember someone saying they were recording such stuff...?
industrialism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2005, 06:49 PM   #35
PhaeThorn

Location: This pwnage was given to you by 1 of 3 mutated thievery players.
I didn't take a lot of records, for that you'll have to bug homeskillet. I did however mix this little thing. Dragon said he had no lockpicks and kept saying it. Still, in the end his brilliant teammate dares to ask if he has picks or not. Mind you, the question is just once but multiplied by me. The rest is all true, nothing duplicated there

http://members.chello.nl/j.roukema/NoLockpicks.mp3
On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE
PhaeThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2005, 06:56 PM   #36
Gabriel

RoFL Phae.
Fucking hilarious!

Make one of Moridin and I arguing about the supply chest. That was funny too.
Old 12th Mar 2005, 08:38 PM   #37
industrialism

LoL.
Old 12th Mar 2005, 09:11 PM   #38
Firetiger

Strange how no one mentions the cheap under-handed tactics LoToR used as a spectator (and why was he talking during the match)...

Also how only one forsaken member was present at the time posted here, because apparently, the time was changed to 4:30 when the match was supposed to begin (which nobody but creator agreed to)...

Why were there 3 players in TS, one of which spectating the round in the server, from the mutant team, "monitoring" the server...

This match was bullshit, and i've had it with this tournament. It's matches like these that turn me away from serious competition. Because some people seem more intent on winning than having fun and playing a fair game. We lost the match, alright I won't complain about that. But the MSN trick lotor pulled was just low, and immature. I don't care if nothing in the rules mentions this, if you are so unsure of your own skill that you need to try things like that, don't bother to register the team.
Old 12th Mar 2005, 09:42 PM   #39
The Creator

I don't see why Mutants would nessicarily want to give the match to Forsaken, and I saw it was okay to delay the match to 4:30, because nobody told me they would be short on time. I honestly believe the matches went fairly, and I don't see it any other way.
Old 12th Mar 2005, 09:53 PM   #40
Gabriel

Ok. Lets chill for a second.

First, what MSN trick did lotor pull?
Lotor, you have some explaining to do. Firetiger seems ticked off about this and that is something not seen frequently.

Phae was in our channel in order to make sure there was no cheating going on. (spectator information) He asked beforehand if he could spectate for us and help out. Seeing that phae is a member of a non-participating team, we agreed. I think it is wise to have people not of participating teams to take screen shots, make recordings and such because they can gain no benefit from it.

Sorry about the time mishap, we assumed that craeter was speaking on behalf of your entire team. It took awhile for dragon and I to get the server configured due to computer mishaps, so even if we were supposed to play then we had no server to play on. Was one half-hour the deciding factor in how long you were able to play? And if so, we are very sorry. Chalrif had to return from business and was not able to play any earlier. He arrived at 4:10 pm.

Both dragon and I were present at 4:00. We spent a good 25 minutes trying to configure brody's challenge for the match, as we did not have a server prepared. We appreciate the fact that your team cooperated so that we could have a secure match server. You cannot say only one member was present at 4.

Was Archi in you teamspeak channel? He said that he would monitor the teamspeak channel to perform the same purpose as Phae in our channel. I dont see what harm could have come from that.

The only thing I don't know about is the Lotor issue. What happened? please explain.
Old 12th Mar 2005, 10:08 PM   #41
WildBill

FireTiger, either elaborate on your claims or drop them.

And will an admin at Brody's pull the chat logs for me?
Old 12th Mar 2005, 10:31 PM   #42
Firetiger

During the match, and at a critical time, LoToR sent me a message via MSN that interupted my game and caused my death. It was just "hey", and he didn't respond when I asked why he did this. I also asked him in TS, and he didn't respond there either. He was in the server, spectating, and in our TS channel (to check for dead-to-live chat).
Old 12th Mar 2005, 10:34 PM   #43
WildBill

Originally Posted by Firetiger:
During the match, and at a critical time, LoToR sent me a message via MSN that interupted my game and caused my death. It was just "hey", and he didn't respond when I asked why he did this. I also asked him in TS, and he didn't respond there either.
While that may have been intentionally underhanded -- and I'd like a comment from LoToR on it either way -- you really should have your computer configured not to interupt you while you're playing.
Old 12th Mar 2005, 10:40 PM   #44
Firetiger

That's true, and I would have disabled it, but I needed it to be running for my own reasons. I assumed this would be a thievery match, not thievery+MSN.
Old 12th Mar 2005, 10:42 PM   #45
WildBill

That's true, and I would have disabled it, but I needed it to be running for my own reasons.
While it's unfortunate that it caused your death, it's hardly grounds to dispute the result of the match. I can think of quite a few legitimate reasons he might have IMed you -- I've done similar things before, and it wouldn't even occur to me that it might interupt somebody's game.
Old 12th Mar 2005, 10:54 PM   #46
Firetiger

He was in the server, spectating the match, and he was in TS. No responses to my questions, but he shouted a random comment about the match in the server around the same time. And it was done right after I drank a invis+cat. Heck of a coincidence.

And what about the time change. What is the "official" time of the match?
Old 12th Mar 2005, 11:01 PM   #47
WildBill

He was in the server, spectating the match, and he was in TS. No responses to my questions, but he shouted a random comment about the match in the server around the same time. And it was done right after I drank a invis+cat. Heck of a coincidence.
Indeed, a heck of a coincidence at best. I'm curious what he has to say about it.

And what about the time change. What is the "official" time of the match?
It looks to me as if Creator agreed to half hour delay -- it was his responsibility to make sure the rest of his team knew about that.
Old 13th Mar 2005, 12:08 AM   #48
The Creator

Anything having to do with the time of the match is NOT their fault, since I agreed to it for reasons I have posted already.
Old 13th Mar 2005, 05:09 AM   #49
Machine

The Mutants monitoring TS, recording the TS channels, and providing spectator players was meant to help, nothing more, I believe we all did our best to stop people who joined the server jumping into the match channels, ensured that all specs had their mics muted during the matches and specced every player to make sure nothing underhand in game was afoot. Whilst you may be frustrated with the rules and the way things are being handled I don't believe any spectator from mutants or otherwise did anything wrong. LoToRs case, if my opinion matters - FT should not have had his MSN on, and LoToR should not have IM'd. Equal blame. I do believe Chalrif made up for this on the forsaken team by accidently minimizing his TUT a few times and lagging out, wasting lives.

Here are 4 of the many screenshots I took, most of which either turned out too dark or were just plain crap

+ Indus Hunting the spawn
+ Scores on the 2nd Round of Asylum, Chalrif... guard mer-der-rer
+ Indus over the corpse of recently slain forsaken scum
+ Gabe about to put a nasty ninja lemming to sleep

EDIT : OMG Phae, that is awsome.

Last edited by Machine; 13th Mar 2005 at 07:14 AM.
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2005, 09:49 AM   #50
The Dragon

Also how only one forsaken member was present at the time posted here, because apparently, the time was changed to 4:30 when the match was supposed to begin (which nobody but creator agreed to)...
Apparently, Gabriel or Chalrif requested that Creator move the time to 4:30, not 4. When they told me the match was at 4:30, I checked the thread and saw that the official time was still 4 pm. So I popped onto Teamspeak, a channel which YOU were on along with Creator, and asked about it. I said that I thought the time was 4, but if it was 4:30 that was fine...and I said I was just checking to see that my members understood correctly. Ceator confirmed...you, on the other hand, did not say a word. You talk about serious gameplay, about fair games and fun...it seems to me that it isn't "fair" or "fun" for you to move the match back 30 minutes due to a conflict on the other team.

If you had a problem, why not voice it?

Quote:
Why were there 3 players in TS, one of which spectating the round in the server, from the mutant team, "monitoring" the server...
You had a mutant in your channel as well, both channels had players spectating to make sure no funny business would go on.

Quote:
This match was bullshit, and i've had it with this tournament. It's matches like these that turn me away from serious competition. Because some people seem more intent on winning than having fun and playing a fair game.
Bullshit, eh? Seems like at the moment, you've voiced two reasons, both of which I think are pretty ridiculous. I didn't want to bring this up, but Gabe, Chal and I were in a separate Teamspeak channel discussing tactics, and suddenly you said, "Guys, guys I'm in this channel." Thank you for informing us so we could stop discussing...(though you could have privately messaged any of us through Teamspeak). That was honorable, and I thank you. But just to be sure, I had LoToR check the log and see when you guys had joined (to see how much you'd heard)...FatRatHead had joined a full MINUTE before you'd spoken! And we were discussing match tactics, routes, camping spots, ect, and he'd said NOTHING. But out of the spirit of fun, I let it go. But if you want to point fingers, just observe your own team. The forsaken are in this for fun, just as I think most of your team is, Tiger.

Quote:
But the MSN trick lotor pulled was just low, and immature. I don't care if nothing in the rules mentions this, if you are so unsure of your own skill that you need to try things like that, don't bother to register the team.
Well...I'm sorry that happened. I do hope LoToR will post on his behalf here, but I assure you, no one in the Forsaken gave him orders to do anything like that. We stopped communicating him just before the match started.

If he gives no explanation, he will be kicked from our team for disorderly conduct. I hope that will satisfy you. Sadly, you cannot kick Indus's internet service off of the Lemming team for his lag spike, and we cannot kick Chalrif's computer for the lifewasting crash and multiple minimizes of Thievery during the heat of battle.

As for the match...Indus, Creator, Forsaken, Thief13x...I had a lot of fun, thanks for the games. Fucking lockpicks.
Old 13th Mar 2005, 09:50 AM   #51
PhaeThorn

On request, the "Where is the chest discussion"

I love the bit too where chal says "I bolted the thief once, I hope we went away" <-- Effective guarding chal

http://members.chello.nl/j.roukema/WhereIsTheChest.mp3
On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE
Old 13th Mar 2005, 09:53 AM   #52
Machine

These are fucking awsome Phae, The NLWD's are pretty dull because they hardly spoke :-( I've been thru a few times and can't get anything funny from them.
Old 13th Mar 2005, 10:55 AM   #53
Gabriel

Ha! After that whole thing I had the nerve to say it AGAIN!
I'm not sure if phae was recording then.

I said, "I'm out of bolts and I need the chest. Where the hell is it?"
Dragon sez: "Dude! You've got to be fucking kidding me. I said it four times before. Thats why you dont like people talking..."
Sorry, I was focused on the task at hand (Timmy at the eerie stairwell gate) and Dragon's explanation went in one ear and out the other.

Point at laugh at chalrif. "Ah shoot thievery just minimized...again."

I specifically remembered trying to get chalrif to change his binds so that wouldnt happen the day before the match too. hehe. I'm just glad that he resisted my persuasion because the button in question was his crouch bind.
Old 13th Mar 2005, 11:52 AM   #54
Chalrif

Yeah, I'm not changing that bind as I have been using it for three years already. It caused me to minimize about six times during the match, but resulted in disconnection only once.

Yes Phae, the fear factor must have been there because the thief did go away.
Old 13th Mar 2005, 12:03 PM   #55
PhaeThorn

Alright, this is just so funny to do .... but this will be one of the last mixes. It's the Where is the chest thing, mixed with other lines from every match. Mind you, this is a mix so it didn't happen this way in the real match. Although it's quite hectic and in chaos ... this is practicly how the first 30 minutes went. They couldn't shut up for 1 second, sry guys

http://members.chello.nl/j.roukema/MatchMix.mp3

Old ones:

http://members.chello.nl/j.roukema/NoLockpicks.mp3
http://members.chello.nl/j.roukema/WhereIsTheChest.mp3

Call 0900-PHAE
Old 13th Mar 2005, 12:33 PM   #56
industrialism

LoL gj Phae.
Old 13th Mar 2005, 01:29 PM   #57
okih-imus

That was great! LOL! Dragon sounds like a born leader to me!
AHAHA it's SO FUNNY!
(And dosen't it suck that I'm the only one out of my friends that will find this funny?)
GJ phae
okih-imus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2005, 04:41 PM   #58
Shug

DJ Phae in the HIZZOUSE. I love the way Dragon even speaks in a measured, theatrical way on TS

Mach, great screenies... I've never seen Thievery look so good. Can't wait until I have a computer that can hit halfway smooth frames on something higher than 800x600 with 16 bit colour D:

Also Chal, what exactly causes you to minimize? Do you hit the windows key or does Thievery just decide to minimize itself? It began to do that to me every 5 minutes or so at one point so I re-installed to fix the problem.
Shug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2005, 05:34 PM   #59
TafferBoy

We should've recorded Shug's pre-match pep talks
The one before the ToD final springs to mind.
TafferBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2005, 05:34 PM   #60
Chalrif

It has to do with something my ISP did when I installed DSL. alt + f1 brings up a support center or something.