Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Thievery Forums > Thievery Discussion > Thievery Guilds

Old 13th Mar 2005, 06:42 PM   #61
The Dragon

LOL Phae! You could do better, though...there were definetely roudier times in that channel!

That recording doesn't quite capture my leadership hax, though. You'll just have to wait till the next match.
Old 13th Mar 2005, 07:30 PM   #62
Shug

lol, leadership hax - is that where you verbally hack your own team to pieces?
Shug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2005, 08:21 PM   #63
The Creator

Originally Posted by TheMachine:
These are fucking awsome Phae, The NLWD's are pretty dull because they hardly spoke :-( I've been thru a few times and can't get anything funny from them.
Salsa will hopefully be there for the next match. THAT you will want to hear.

Wow, stealing the chest never felt soooo good.

Last edited by The Creator; 13th Mar 2005 at 09:29 PM.
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2005, 10:24 PM   #64
Shug

Can't wait to hear Salsa's manly voice once more, eh Creat?

hubba hubba
Old 14th Mar 2005, 06:55 AM   #65
The Creator

I hear it as much as possible. Who else will put the lotion on my skin?
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2005, 01:05 PM   #66
Hybrid

Well, I've kind of got caught up in this new MMORPG called Real Life. It's kind of difficult, but it's the only MMORPG that I know of that pays you a monthly fee, instead of the other way around.
Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2005, 01:42 PM   #67
Thief13x

NLDW TS recording

would somone be willing to post em? sure they weren't as exciting but I would still like to hear em...
Old 14th Mar 2005, 03:07 PM   #68
LaughingRat

Originally Posted by Salsa:
Well, I've kind of got caught up in this new MMORPG called Real Life. It's kind of difficult, but it's the only MMORPG that I know of that pays you a monthly fee, instead of the other way around.
Funny, I always found that MMORPG cost me more than it paid me to play....
LaughingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2005, 03:19 PM   #69
Hybrid

Well, I suppose it depends on how many expansion packs and how much avatar equipment you buy using real money instead of in-game money.
Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2005, 04:36 PM   #70
Radamanthus

Originally Posted by Firetiger:
During the match, and at a critical time, LoToR sent me a message via MSN that interrupted my game and caused my death. It was just "hey", and he did not respond when I asked why he did this. I also asked him in TS, and he didn't respond there either. He was in the server, spitting, and in our TS channel (to check for dead-to-live chat).
Yes, and this was brought to my attention today, as I had no idea it even happened. Indeed, it was a circumstance out of my control, as follows:

I have a computer in my bedroom. In all the rooms in my house, actually, not barring the bathrooms for too long if I have my way, but that's another story. Anyways, most of these computers are running on Pentium Pro or less processing speed, often without anything but onboard video, and are thus incapable of running teamspeak as well as thievery, and having audio quality that loses to the PC speaker. So, of course, I was using the family computer instead of one of my myriads of others I have spread about in various locations. I would have used the one in my own bedroom, but I had a Revit render (yes, I'm an architecture nut) running, and that takes anywhere from several minutes to several hours on that particular machine. The other god-awesome computer is in my brother's room. I have the access codes for it but it runs in a Linux-based environment, and thus, no Thievery. So, I was forced to use the family computer, which is the one I normally use for gaming.

It needs also be understood that, because of my dad's recent death, many tax companies are looking hungrily at our family, as well as several government agencies looking for dough. Of course, there are tax forms to fill out, and the United States Government loves technology, so it's all via e-mail. My mom, who is computer illiterate to a new level, needed to get on and fill out these forms. Of course, she literally sits over me and nags for me to get off so she can get on. I, by remote access, paused the Revit render so that she could access the 'net. So, she goes in my room (Iím too trusting, I know), and begins to write several e-mails. Of course, what she disdained to tell me was that she also wanted to use AIM to talk to her friends. Well, being computer illiterate, she needed someone to log me off, and someone to log her on. Also, being overproud, she thought she could do it herself.

Have you ever seen a monkey in front of a keyboard randomly spell a word? Well, my mom figured out how to log me off AIM. However, I use trillian, so MSN, ICQ, etc. were still logged in as me. Thus, she proceeded to talk to my friends and hers at the same time. Undoubtedly, she did not know that the blue circles are MSN, and when marked under the Thievery lists, they are for Thievery. So, she starts a conversation (which it took me two hours to teach her to do) the same way she always does. She types "Hey". Well, that's just peachy. It's logged on as me, so of course it looks like it's me typing. Just peachy. Apparently you came back with some sort of anger (I would too), so she closed the window. Yay.

I apologize for my mother's innocent, well, idiocy, and am going to set my computer to auto-lock when the screensaver goes up. I can't quite guarantee this won't happen again, as my mother takes no account of personal belongings, space, or other materials. However, every preventive measure has been taken.

I'll be going through conversation logs shortly to discover the times of the incident. If I could find the server logs (which I believe also log time) I can also see exactly what I had been doing. Hopefully, that will be proof of what Iíve said above.

I see this as an ingenious, but immoral tactic. Like an innocent person blamed for the perfect murder, you almost want to acceptthe charges, save for the fact that you were involved only by chance. I an honestly say that I would never have thought of it myself- far too smart for my taste. Besides, why would I IM you for this specific reason under my own name? If anything, I'd make a new one specifically for that purpose. Anyway, the facts remain that:
a) you really oughtn't to have such a program running during the match for that exact reason, or at least set yourself as away for the duration of the match.
and
b) I really had no conrol over the situation, as it occurred completely without my knowledge until about 9:17 this morning.

Sorry again, but my mother is definitely not within my jurisdiction, nor my ability to control. I promise to take every measure to assure it will not happen again.
"Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Last edited by Radamanthus; 14th Mar 2005 at 04:53 PM.
Radamanthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2005, 05:37 PM   #71
WildBill

That was coherent and well written, it actually impressed me.

Anyways, it's fairly evident that it was beyond your control or responsibility.
Old 14th Mar 2005, 05:40 PM   #72
Chalrif

That sheds some light on the matter.
Old 14th Mar 2005, 05:44 PM   #73
PhaeThorn

Location: This pwnage was given to you by 1 of 3 mutated thievery players.
lol, getting funnier by the day.

Anyway, if someone IM's me when I play thievery, I just get a pop-up window on the right that says someone said something to me. I do not crash out of the game, nor will I die because of that.

I can't see why you played that match to begin with firetiger. You suddenly left in the middle of the game, not saying a word to anyone. Later I heard from your teammembers that you said you wasn't sure if you could finish the match or not. Yet you didn't mention this in the beginning either. I know that if I'm not sure that I can finish a round in an official match, I will not play. I might be wrong though, maybe you had your reasons and this was the only way. After all, you're the only one who has a real answer to the question: "Why did you leave". So please correct me if I'm wrong.
On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE
PhaeThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2005, 06:36 PM   #74
Shug

Fair enough Lotes, the allegations certainly seemed rather out of character and it's a good point that a stunt like that would be stupid to pull under your own name.
Old 14th Mar 2005, 07:32 PM   #75
The Dragon

Thanks for the explanation, LoToR...I admit, I didn't even think of your crazy mother, that makes sense.
Old 15th Mar 2005, 03:20 AM   #76
Machine

Even if the above story is lies, I accept it because it's so FUNNY! Classic LoToR....