X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheOnlyAnderson
    • Jul 2010

Can't compile my map

When I go to compile any map in the SDK, even the default library ones I receive this message "Can't decode command files".

Not sure what this error means, as I have searched everywhere, I have compiled maps in TF2 and other games with the SDK in the past with no problem using this machine.

PC Specs Info: Windows 7 64-bit, AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce 8200, 4GB RAM.

If anyone can help, I will be very thankful!
  • Dalai
    Project Lead
    • May 2002

Strange. Can you try verifying cache integrity on both Alien Swarm and the SDK?

Comment

• TheOnlyAnderson
      • Jul 2010

Thanks for the reply Dalai!
      I did as you said, the files were fine for Alien Swarm, but it found and restored 1 missing file for the SDK, although it still says the same message when i try compile :S

Could it be my map?
      Last edited by TheOnlyAnderson; 24 Jul 2010, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Sjupp
        • Jul 2010

Try this..

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Anton/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]This is what worked for me. I did not have your error however. Mine said it was just leaking and it pointed me out to nowhere. Good luck.

sorry for the weirdly sized image.

Comment

• TheOnlyAnderson
          • Jul 2010

Thanks for the help, but still can't seem to fix it I have removed the SDK twice and it still doesn't work. Might try a re-installation of steam, but it's weird no one else has had this issue yet...

Comment

• Schleicher
            • Jun 2003

Not entirely on topic, but since the newest update my map doesnt compile right (new built stuff doesnt show, seems infact stuck on an earlier phase) until i save the map as a completely new file? <<
            My leet Thievery Map
            My leet UT3 Map
            My leet AS Map

Comment

Working...
            X