Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Thievery Forums > Thievery Discussion > Thievery Guilds

Old 21st Jan 2003, 03:31 PM   #31
Kiech Bepho

"There is nothing wrong with Nudging an AI"

Wait...Knockouts are bad, but feeling up some guard and grabbing evidence that he should be able to see right out from under him is OK???

Really, what's the difference there? In both cases you are taking liberties with the AI. Personally, I hope that this 'nudging' BUG is fixed in T3 and TUT 1.3...it just isn't realistic, and its very cheesy. I really don't see how one way of taking advantage over the AI is better then another, either way, you get to your goal.

What might be more constructive is if:

1. More human guards were assigned than thief players.
This means that Guards will have a slight advantage if they all work together to protect their objectives.

2. Messages such as 'Thieves have stolen objective' or 'Thief KO's guard' were eliminated.
This will honestly, leave the guards in the 'dark' about what is going on in the game, as it should be, unless they work together. There are no alarms or special chimes in the keep that go off telling the guards to all run to the exit so the thieves can't escape, so why make an artificial one? The Ghosters will love this, since they will be able to complete the objectives without letting the guards know what they are up to, and the guards who are incompetent will soon learn that they need to change thier tactics and use some teamwork.

Nudging is OK...bah.

As for KO's against AI guards I agree that it shouldn't be done unless you reasonably need to do it...but you can't really put a number on how many is too much, its all a judgement call.

Against Humans, I say anything goes except spawnrape, since they will do anything they can to get to you.

But you play how you wanna play, I guess.

Kiech
Kiech Bepho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2003, 04:38 PM   #32
Jocke

Originally Posted by Kiech Bepho:
Messages such as 'Thieves have stolen objective' or 'Thief KO's guard' were eliminated.
Guard don't get the "Whoever was knocked out..." message. No objective notification wouldn't work, me thinks. Perhaps a delay on some 5 seconds.
Jocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2003, 07:40 PM   #33
The Dragon

The no objective sound sounds like a great idea...I would love it! And nudging, I agree, is taking advantage of the AI, but I still think its a lot better than knocking them out. Yet I'm a hardcore Thief ghoster, and I believe Lytha did this, or some other famous ghoster, in order to ghost some of the "impossible" levels. So I just consider this okay. But most of the time it is pointless in thievery, that one place in aquatone is the only spot I've ever nudged.

And I agree that you can't put a cap on KOs, Katra and I just decided that there should be a cap for AYL members.
Old 22nd Jan 2003, 03:54 PM   #34
Radamanthus

HEADS UP, y'all... we've got PROBLEMS!

in case ya weren't there for the practice last night, it was decided that, since we've been at each other's throats for a while, it's time to start anew...

The Dragon has already quit for good, and i'm heading in that direction, but i havn't givn up hope yet... we're starting a new guild.

There will be a meeting on saturday discussing the whats, wheres, hows, and whos of this supposed guild, and i've already begun drawing up a plan for it, hoping that we can again convince The Dragon to join us.

on that i'll need your help-- if you can any way contact him and apologize for all that we have driven him through, do so, please.

also, i will need your online name without the abandoned AYL tag emailed to me at Chaosrunner@swirvemail.com if you want to be a part of our democratic republic. PLAESE, PLAESE help us in our new cause. i will see what i can do in the way of setting up a place for you in the Council.

i need you all to give me ideas for offices in the council, such as

head of recruiting

again.. PLEASE help our new guild if you wish to be a member

Radamanthus....... out.
"Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."
Radamanthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2003, 06:20 PM   #35
daniel

so has AYL disbanded?
daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2003, 06:29 PM   #36
Katra

In a way Daniel YES IT HAS and its not your fault. Your a cool guy and i'm sorry to have disappointed you. You have been a great teammate and member and i thank you for that. I am leaving myself because this has gone far enough. I shall find my place and so shall you

Respected Players of TUT..
I am happy to say that The_Dragon I are now permanently renouncing our leadership of AYL to Chalrif and Cliff. The guild has grown corrupt and several people which will not be mentioned have arbitrarily decided to override my rules and refuse to cooperate/participate. Yet have ample opportunity to argue with fellow members. Clearly I am not the only one who has these feelings. I have received a few private messages from respected players that replicate my thoughts. It is obvious that the guild has been on a rampage of rudeness, immaturity, and downright insubordination. It has grown to the point where dragon and I are no longer able to controll it. I will still play TUT. But AYL clearly does not mesh with my playing style. :cry: i have a bright future ahead of me in the community and i do not desire to have it quelled by a rabble of insubordinate warmongers It may seem like i'm abandoning AYL and you know what... I AM :twisted: Cuz im fed up with this confliction that is moving no where fast. Good luck guys and Ill be seeing you IN GAME Not to badmouth AYL or anything, because it still houses great players, but the loss of some leaders is a worthy sign of disbandment I gotta go meet my favorite book author now so bye bye!
Katra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2003, 07:30 PM   #37
*MegaDeth*

oh no, there goes AYL... tears and sadness are all that i endure now. but hey, i enjoyed it while it lasted, and hopefully i can recruit or something. perhaps a reunion is in order....?

"You feel my fingertips, you won't forget my lips
You feel my cold breath; it's the kiss of death"
*MegaDeth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 10:52 AM   #38
Radamanthus

Thanx, Katra, for not mentioning my name back there...

I, too have followed suit and have abandoned my membership to the guild that is no longer.

My plans for a new guild have so far not worked out, but i'll at least try to keep a loose contact to all that can tell me their e-mail adresses for reunions and friendly matches and all that.

it seems, however that i may have been a major cause and the final straw in the terrible demise of such a great team... i came in looking for a good time with friends, but ended up being non-informed with rules and going quick to anger.

i've worked on that, and feel it is time to hold one last meeting in hopes of a new guild that prevents corruption . i'll post how we'll meet if we will on Saturday for a last effort on a new guild. if this doesn't work.............

well, until then, kepp cool y'all!
"Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 03:13 PM   #39
Katra

Radamanthus...
If indeed there will be such a new guild i desire not to be a part of it.
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 04:46 PM   #40
The Dragon

Flames, flames, nothing but flames, burning your flesh...

(Insert creepy Haunt cackling here, followed by the Garrett's scream as I die)
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 04:50 PM   #41
Katra

SHUT UP LEWS THERIN COMBINED WITH A THIEF HAUNT!(insanely bigins babbling to himself) your not real GO AWAY!
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 04:50 PM   #42
LaughingRat

Could we stop playing out the AYL melodrama in public now?
LaughingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 04:55 PM   #43
Katra

Indeed. This thread has become an embodiment of the devil! please tell the moderators to end it.
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 04:59 PM   #44
LaughingRat

Originally Posted by Katra:
Indeed. This thread has become an embodiment of the devil! please tell the moderators to end it.
Oh, the irony....
LaughingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 05:31 PM   #45
The Dragon

Originally Posted by Katra:
SHUT UP LEWS THERIN COMBINED WITH A THIEF HAUNT!(insanely bigins babbling to himself) your not real GO AWAY!
ROFLMAO!
Old 24th Jan 2003, 06:52 AM   #46
Radamanthus

Again, indeed.

Kill this thread, kill them all, alll wil DIE!! (madman cackle)