Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Thievery Forums > Thievery Discussion > Thievery Guilds

Old 11th Jan 2003, 12:09 AM   #1
WildBill

This is a repost from the TTLG forums, with consolidated information.
There have been enough threads on this already, so I'll spare introdutory details. The challenging team has been assembled, and assuming they all choose to accept their positions, the following is the team that will be ghosting against the RLF on Sunday. And now, I present to you, the challengers: *drum roll*

Buho
Killswitch
PhaeThorn
WildBill

Alternate: Ordinator

This was randomly selected with the aid of a single United States quarter from the list of interested ghosters, and my slot was no exception. Assuming he agrees, Ordinator will be serving as an alternate. If one of the team members can not make it, or is unable to stay for all three rounds or something comes up, he'll fill in for the absent member. I will be contacting everyone with PMs in the next couple minutes with more details.

Server settings have mostly been decided (Still waiting for Gerbil to decide on the loot drop percect), and will be posted here when final. The match will be at 14:00 EST, 19:00 UTC, this Sunday, on the CTG private server. Password will be provided to competitors in a PM. Anyone interesting in spectating, post here, there will be free server slots. In addition, if the RLF could post here a list of their members who will be taking part in this, that would be nice.

Server settings for this match will be:
(Only important ones listed)
AI Skill: Genius
Percent Loot Dropped: 100%
Thief Starting Loot: 600
Guard Starting Loot: 850
Time Limit: 30 minutes

There will be a practice match tomorrow on the CTG private server at 16:00 EST (21:00 UTC) today (Saturday). If the people listed could PM me here, or on TTLG if needed for some reason, by tomorrow morning to confirm you can make both the match and practice, I'll send the passwords.
WildBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2003, 12:52 AM   #2
Mad_Gerbil

Right now the RLF has:

Mad_Gerbil
The_Judge
Kore_MacLeod
Yuri
"A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism
Mad_Gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2003, 08:57 AM   #3
Carnage

I'm definately interested in spectating. Please reserve me a spot, as I can use all the knowledge I can get.

-me.
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2003, 09:19 AM   #4
PhaeThorn

Location: This pwnage was given to you by 1 of 3 mutated thievery players.
 Originally Posted by Carnage:
I'm definately interested in spectating. Please reserve me a spot, as I can use all the knowledge I can get.

-me.
Be sure to spectate the wining team ( thieves )

Anyways, spectate all you want. I don't mind ... but maby others do mind. I dunno.
PhaeThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2003, 11:10 AM   #5
WildBill

PMs are away to the thieves with the details about the practice session today. Buho and Ordinator, I didn't see accounts for you here, so I sent them on TTLG, PM me here if you need it again.
Old 11th Jan 2003, 03:50 PM   #6
DeepQantas
Tester

Would it be possible for the server to record the match?

This way information of all player locations and stuff would be available in the demo.

(Might hurt the demo filesize, tho)
Old 11th Jan 2003, 05:16 PM   #7
LaughingRat

Originally Posted by DeepQantas:
Would it be possible for the server to record the match?

This way information of all player locations and stuff would be available in the demo.

(Might hurt the demo filesize, tho)
The server itself can't record a demo. It will record a chatlog. That won't show player locations, though.
LaughingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2003, 06:04 PM   #8
WildBill

Practice concluded. LR, you can have your server back. ^_^ The map change delay didn't seem to be present, don't know why.

Buho and Ordinator! PM me and let me know if you can make the match tomorrow, we missed ya at practice today.
Old 11th Jan 2003, 06:25 PM   #9
LaughingRat

Originally Posted by DarkBill:
Practice concluded. LR, you can have your server back. ^_^ The map change delay didn't seem to be present, don't know why.
I noticed that as well, during our practice just prior to yours. Not sure why, the HD hasn't been changed out yet, and it's still in the same transfer mode....

*shrug*

Hope that holds for you tomorrow as well, then.
Old 11th Jan 2003, 07:02 PM   #10
Dalai
Project Lead

Doesn't enabling local logging on the server cause delays when changing maps? I think I read that somewhere.
Dalai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2003, 07:22 PM   #11
LaughingRat

Originally Posted by Dalai:
Doesn't enabling local logging on the server cause delays when changing maps? I think I read that somewhere.
Enabling ngStats logging can cause a lot of delay on a server at map change. There's a lot of information that the server has to send to the ngStats site and that slows things down. That's for UT, don't know what would happen in Thievery.

Unless I'm missing what you're asking?
Old 12th Jan 2003, 01:00 PM   #12
Stakhanov

What's the maximum amount of spectators ? I don't think I would add much lag to the game , but thievery has a rather limited number of connected players... (PM me if possible)
Stakhanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2003, 04:15 PM   #13
WildBill

The match is over. Results are here: http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1046