Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Alien Swarm 2K4 Forums > Alien Swarm 2K4 Mapping

Notices

Old 10th Jan 2006, 11:52 PM   #1
NoData

AO-BehemothTournament-TE2

AO-BehemothTournament-TE2

Map:
"AO-BehemothTournament-TE2" [Alien Swarm v1.3 & The Telic Campaign compatible] by NoData
Official post: http://forums.blackcatgames.com/showthread.php?t=8096

This map is a fixed version of "AO-BehemothTournament" by reallybadplayer
Originaly posted here: http://forums.blackcatgames.com/showthread.php?t=6656

Installation:
Put the file named "AO-BehemothTournament-TE2.ut2" in your dir/UT2004/AlienSwarm/Map/ folder.
Put the file named "BehTex.utx" in your dir/UT2004/AlienSwarm/Textures/ folder.
Put the file named "BeToursounds.uax" in your dir/UT2004/AlienSwarm/Sounds/ folder.

*The files named "BehTex.utx" and "BeToursounds.uax" are exactly the same as the original and the TE version. If you have the map already installed,you only need to add "AO-BehemothTournament-TE2.ut2" in your dir/UT2004/AlienSwarm/Map/ folder.

Info:
*You NEED the awesome "Alien Swarm v1.3" expansion: The Telic Campaign http://www.telic-campaign.com/

History TE edition:
The map was originally released on Black Cat Games official forum (28th April 2005). We didn't expected an update of the map before Black Cat Games decided to update Alien Swarm to v1.3. Many bugs on the original version were found only a few days after the release of v1.3. The original creator of the map, reallybadplayer, requested me to fix his version during the following week.

First of all, the alien named "Behemoth" was modified in version v1.3: they decided to add a spawn of 4-5 spiders from the "Behemoth" when it died. At first glance, nothing of real importance... The door system of the map is based on multiple "Events", i.e. the door opens when the "Behemoth(s)" from the previous room dies. Also, the map final objective was a "KillAllAliens" objective. Considering those elements, if you got to the next room without eliminating all the spiders after you killed the "Behemoth(s)", the map would progress normally but it would never end because of the "KillAllAliens" objective. This is now fixed. Final objective is not based on this anymore.

Now the Telic Campaign... The new equipment added in the expansion give its load of problems and incompatibilities with the original version. The new Telic equipment, particularly the new heavy one, seemed to be really cool at first view, but maybe too powerfull for those poor "Behemoths"! Only 2 charges of "T75" explosive is needed to kill a "Behemoth" on easy difficulty... A few grenade from the "GLR80" grenade launcher can easly do the same... And that's not the only problem! Imagine how far "Behemoth" can be blasted away if you place a "T75" charge under it. Far enough to jump in the next room! Since killing it OPEN the door... you won't be able to reach it and proceed through the map. A pretty big problem. This new version of the map add some equipment restriction and an entire new system of bloking volume to prevent any "Behemoth" to be propelled to the next room.

History TE2 edition:
The TE2 edition features the return of the GLR80 and the Teslagun as well as several minor bug fixed, this version is designed to replace the previous versions and it is recommended that you update, all the changes have been made to satisfy the community. Theres no reason anymore to turn any older versions of the map.

Fix made in the TE edition:
-Final map objective is not based on "KillAllAliens" anymore.
-Added two new objectives that ensure the end of the map.
-Miss some spiders on the map doesn't count anymore.
-Since the sentry are now destroyable by the "Behemoth", reallybadplayer, the original creator of the map, have suggested the return of the sentry gun case... You can pack them back now with the sentry tool kit.
-Rogueknight discovered that you could stuck a "Behemoth" in the corner of the door to block it. That is now fixed.
-Added new equipment restrictions: "GLR80" grenade luncher, "T75" explosive, "Tesla" gun and auto-aim equipment such as helmet lamp can't be used anymore.
-From now on, it isn't a good idea to wait in the previous room when the door closes... a message will warn you before it shuts.
-Added limited ammo for Hunter, Shenk and Bastille Magnum.
-Added a small pack of two "T75" charges in the last room. Since it is pretty hard to calculated detonation speed, it will probably kill more teammates than queens! (Each time we used it on beta test, the mission ended faster than expected...)

Fix made in the TE2 edition:
-The GRL80 and the Tesla are back.
-Fixed a problematic bloking volume where Behemoth(s) get stuck when propelled by the GRL80.
-Reduction of the shaking effect on rooms decompression.
-Added more Shenk ammo.
-Added Teslagun rechargers.
-Minor other fix.

Thanks to:
reallybadplayer for is wonderful map "AO-BehemothTournament".
My wife, DeLiRiUm for her support during the modifications, including the time she spent for the correction of this document.
Black Cat Games for this awesome mod.
Telic crew for their awesome expansion.
All the players that helped to test many different beta versions.

The map is already uploaded on my server, hope you will enjoy it, and good luck marines! NoData

Download: AO-BehemothTournament-TE2

Compressed for redirection server: AO-BehemothTournament-TE2.ut2.uz2
*All other files of the original version are the same...

Last edited by NoData; 14th Jul 2006 at 06:15 PM.
NoData is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2006, 09:18 AM   #2
Rogueknight

Location: Running around on fire (Merry Christmas BCG you pyromaniacs!)
Nice work ND, glad I could help. The doors are now flat so there is nothing for the bugs to get caught on (Much to my suprise the first time I tried it )

Remember kids, other things apart from the grenade launcher can set the T75 off from a distance
Rogueknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2006, 12:41 PM   #3
Ki!ler-Mk1

Map list updated indiscriminately.

http://forums.blackcatgames.com/show...96&postcount=1
Old 11th Jan 2006, 11:57 PM   #4
NoData

Originally Posted by Rogueknight:
Nice work ND, glad I could help. The doors are now flat so there is nothing for the bugs to get caught on (Much to my suprise the first time I tried it )

Remember kids, other things apart from the grenade launcher can set the T75 off from a distance
Thanks for the trick! And yeah, T75 can explode by many others way...
 Originally Posted by Ki!ler-Mk1:
Map list updated indiscriminately.

http://forums.blackcatgames.com/show...96&postcount=1
Great and ho, they remove "Kinetic" from TeS server, only the .ucl file is still there.
Old 14th Jul 2006, 06:28 PM   #5
NoData

Update once again! "BehemothTournament-TE2; the unified edition"

Let's see:

"The TE2 edition features the return of the GLR80 and the Teslagun as well as several minor bug fixed, this version is designed to replace the previous versions and it is recommended that you update, all the changes have been made to satisfy the community. Theres no reason anymore to turn any older versions of the map."

So, server admins, you know what to do! Remove every old versions, including the original one, and let's use this one! But wait a sec... why another update? Caus many ppl including Pestcontrol requested the GRL80 back... Thats why AO-BehemothTournament is still on THN servers. Plus, the F1 vote menu allow only a max of 64 maps listed, and i dindt have any slot free for multiple version. So consider this one a global solution for everyone! As usual, the map is up and available on my server.

Fix made in the TE2 edition:
-The GRL80 and the Tesla are back.
-Fixed a problematic bloking volume where Behemoth(s) get stuck when propelled by the GRL80.
-Reduction of the shaking effect on rooms decompression.
-Added more Shenk ammo.
-Added Teslagun rechargers.
-Minor other fix.

Next update? When the Corvus stuff will break the map once again!
Old 15th Jul 2006, 05:17 AM   #6
UArchitect

hey, man..corvus will break nothing *cough* unless we make a rocketlauncher or a nuke
UArchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jul 2006, 10:15 AM   #7
NoData

The asg is not available in any version of BT caus the gun is simply too powerfull... Imagine Corvus stuf now, particulary THE one!
Old 16th Jul 2006, 08:41 AM   #8
Rogueknight

Location: Running around on fire (Merry Christmas BCG you pyromaniacs!)
ND, a hesitant suggestion, instead of having x many behemoths in the final room.....have you thought about substituting in Elvis?

I can see that being a hell of a finale for a team
Rogueknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2006, 01:46 PM   #9
UArchitect

i think thats an idea for elvis tournament, but not behemoth tournament :p

you could have lots of mini-elvis aliens and one big elvis at the end!

thats actually quite a pwn idea...do it!
Old 20th Jul 2006, 04:13 AM   #10
Mapster

I find that the BehemothTournament maps are too hard, you get infected ocne your a gonna without a Pro Medic...

I tried to pass it by myself, i got to teh second stage and i died lol, and i realize it's a team game and map so yeah i knew i wouldn't be able to pass it by myself
Mapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2006, 05:08 PM   #11
UArchitect

you jsut need to learn the behemoth attack patterns, be careful with reloads and you will be fine

behemoths are extremely easy and alot more predictable in a fight than the drones are
Old 20th Jul 2006, 06:09 PM   #12
Mapster

Yeah they are slow, you just need the duel guns and your set coz you don't slow down when you reload and they deal a bit of damage, just not enough
Mapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2006, 11:40 PM   #13
Fuzzy Bunny

You can circle strafe a solo behemoth with the rifle, even while reloading, as Jaeger in single maps. Can sort-of do it with Wildcat and the autogun as well. It's really all about the timing.
Fuzzy Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2006, 06:18 AM   #14
Ki!ler-Mk1

Shotgun /ammo bag /pistol works for me, cant say ive tried starting with rifle.
Old 27th Apr 2007, 01:51 PM   #15
Ki!ler-Mk1

I want his gibs first!

Who else has seen the behomoths fight? they started doing it about 1024uu to the left, and the moved across, they appear to be glued at the face.
Old 27th Apr 2007, 02:42 PM   #16
Fuzzy Bunny

Does Crabshack count? I've seen some of them attack each other in there.
Fuzzy Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2007, 06:10 PM   #17
NoData

Its not related with the map, but with behemoth collision with another (face to face). Ive seen it append on Sulfure too.
Old 28th Apr 2007, 02:37 PM   #18
Ki!ler-Mk1

Perhaps its behomoth love.