Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Thievery Forums > Thievery Discussion > Thievery Mapping

View Poll Results: All Customs alphabetical
TH-2O 2 16.67%
Th-Airship-Unlimited 4 33.33%
TH-AncientRuins 5 41.67%
TH-Apache71 5 41.67%
TH-Apprenticev2 6 50.00%
Th-Aquatone14 5 41.67%
Th-Archery 10 83.33%
Th-Asylum-2 11 91.67%
TH-Bafford2 6 50.00%
TH-CharnsleyFinalAlpha 2 16.67%
TH-Chatspace 1 8.33%
TH-CountryAbode 8 66.67%
Th-Crates 2 16.67%
TH-Cult 7 58.33%
TH-DanteBeta 4 33.33%
TH-Darkened_Enlightenment_v2 7 58.33%
TH-District2 8 66.67%
Th-eTomb 2 16.67%
TH-Geromenew 4 33.33%
Th-Geromenew2 5 41.67%
TH-haven2 3 25.00%
TH-HighwayInn 11 91.67%
TH-Intercept 5 41.67%
Th-Kamasutra 10 83.33%
TH-Keep3 4 33.33%
TH-Kingsofthedesert_Finalv2 6 50.00%
TH-LakeShorePub30 5 41.67%
TH-LordBeckB2 8 66.67%
TH-Monastery76 6 50.00%
TH-Niwa 2 16.67%
TH-Pirates 1 8.33%
TH-PJNew 2 16.67%
th-protfort96A 1 8.33%
Th-Scripts 2 16.67%
TH-Semaiyo 3 25.00%
TH-Sheriff 5 41.67%
Th-SkeltstonHead-v21 7 58.33%
TH-SkyTownTest4b 1 8.33%
TH-ThievesDen 4 33.33%
TH-ToB_Payback 5 41.67%
TH-ToB-SwordArena 3 25.00%
TH-tut 1 8.33%
TH-ZidAbodeV2 2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8th May 2006, 12:24 PM   #1
Brody

Select your Mappack

Hi Thievery Friends,

please choose and vote the Custom Maps you want them to be included in the new Th-Mappack 6.0

Thievery Customs Centre
Vietcong Customs Centre
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 12:36 PM   #2
Alex-X-x
Banned

Originally Posted by Brody:
Hi Thievery Friends,

please choose and vote the Custom Maps you want them to be included in the new Th-Mappack 6.0
hehe, cool1
Alex-X-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 12:48 PM   #3
PhaeThorn

Location: This pwnage was given to you by 1 of 3 mutated thievery players.
So we all get a custom mappack? Must cost a lot of space to make a pack for everyone specificly.
On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE
PhaeThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 12:50 PM   #4
Brody

Hm. In Fact everyone needs a Phae

Thievery Customs Centre
Vietcong Customs Centre
Old 8th May 2006, 01:37 PM   #5
Bandit

IMO the list of maps is incomplete and some maps are worse than their other version. For example TH-Kingsofthedesert_Final is better than TH-Kingsofthedesert_Finalv2.
Old 8th May 2006, 01:40 PM   #6
Brody

Hm. I just put the latest Versions of the Customs NO sort and/or Filter for good/bad, etc.

Thievery Customs Centre
Vietcong Customs Centre
Old 8th May 2006, 02:02 PM   #7
Bandit

It's not really latest version because it's modified by other person and v2 is unplayable - thief is almost always invisible...

-=EDIT=-

I guess you create map pack for all servers because it contained maps for thiefmatch but... - look at pictures.

On ORJ's server is installed older version of map "TH-LordBeck".

"TH-LordBeckv2" is on Thievery Customs below "Custom Maps - Current Releases and Finals" but it's older version than "TH-LordBeckB2" which is in "Custom Maps - Alternates, Betas and or Unfinished" - IMO that's why v2 is installed on ORJ. And "TH-LordBeckB2" is in your map pack so players have to download v2 if they want play LordBeck on ORJ. IMO Scrawprin should fix it.

Last edited by Bandit; 8th May 2006 at 03:14 PM.
Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 03:40 PM   #8
Scrawprin

Originally Posted by Bandit:
...On ORJ's server is installed older version of map "TH-LordBeck".

"TH-LordBeckv2" is on Thievery Customs below "Custom Maps - Current Releases and Finals" but it's older version than "TH-LordBeckB2" which is in "Custom Maps - Alternates, Betas and or Unfinished" - IMO that's why v2 is installed on ORJ. And "TH-LordBeckB2" is in your map pack so players have to download v2 if they want play LordBeck on ORJ. IMO Scrawprin should fix it.
When I find maps, I do go by the title of the map, guessing which is the most current and up-to-date. What Bandit described is basically how I came across the LordBeck map - didn't realize it was actually the older version - confusing! That's probably why my Cult map is out of date too.

As for maps I vote in a map pack, you can see my selection by looking at Team ORJ's site... (Although, apparently three maps need updating - the new Asylum, Cult, and Lord Beck).

*** UPDATE ***

Okay, very confusing, but I believe that the versions I have of both LordBeck and Cult maps on the Team ORJ server (and site) to be the most recent updates.
  • LordBeck -
    • According to the details on Thievery Customs, LordBeckv2 is the most current. The other version in question has this in its notes: "Beta version..." and file name is "LordBeckB2". I assume the "B" stood for "beta" as the details suggested.
  • Cultist Church -
    • Again, going by the details on the Thievery Customs site, the version I am using is the latest version going by posted release dates: 7/11/2003 vs. 1/28/2004 vs. 2/3/2004 (what I'm hosting and using).
Very confusing indeed!

Last edited by Scrawprin; 8th May 2006 at 03:56 PM.
Scrawprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 06:13 PM   #9
Thebos

I will now shamelessly plug my map by asking where is Th-StolenCity?
Old 9th May 2006, 03:51 AM   #10
Brody

Originally Posted by Thebos:
I will now shamelessly plug my map by asking where is Th-StolenCity?
oops, I m sorry.

I considered i better do same as last Times:

I create a Mappack with All Customs, wether if popular or not. I guess thats better.

@Serveradmins:
plz send me (pm or mail) a Maplist which Maps u have installed, to make sure, the Mappack holds All Maps for All Servers, yes?

Thievery Customs Centre
Vietcong Customs Centre
Old 9th May 2006, 01:27 PM   #11
Bandit

How I voted...

TH-Germoenew2 - ...who will vote for this if one player will have not it - who want lose players?! Then better choice will be playing on official map...

Quote from Thievery Customs: "This is just a slightly modified Geromenew that removes the chimney stuck bug. There are NO other changes." Maybe we should remove the official TH-Gerome from servers and put there TH-Germoenew2?

List of maps that are unavailable in voting:
- TH-Aquatoneclassic
- TH-BourgeoisClassic
- TH-KormanClassic
- TH-CountryAbode2
- TH-Kingsofthedesert_Final
- TH-StolenCity-B04A
- TH-Mausoleum4B

What about old good maps from TUT 1.4?
If I were on your place Brody, I would add suffix "Classic" to several maps from TUT 1.4:
TH-BreakoutClassic
TH-NostalgiaClassic
TH-FlatsClassic
TH-TheatreClassic
TH-GeromeClassic
TH-SkeltstonHeadClassic or not if TH-SkeltstonHead-V21 will be contain in map pack.

P.S. Thanks to each one who vote on my map.
Old 9th May 2006, 01:32 PM   #12
Brody

1. I told you once a while ago, Th-Mausoleum has been not published released, Bandybear. In fact ToB run it on their private Server and forgot to remove it, as they switched their Server for public. So in this Fact i will not let anyone vote it, because i also dont have it to pack into the Mappack.

2. The Classic Maps u list, are in the Th-Classic MapPack

3. The Popular 1.4 Maps you list, are in the Th-Retro Pappack

4. I already said, i will drop the vote and i ll create a fully Mappack, holding all Customs again plus those Alternates, the PPl would like to have it (ie KoD, etc)

Thievery Customs Centre
Vietcong Customs Centre
Old 9th May 2006, 03:22 PM   #13
modetwo
Webmaster

Poll closed as requested.
modetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2006, 04:37 PM   #14
Scrawprin

Okay... perhaps this should be in its own thread as I'm sure it will be debated, but this topic has raised some general questions regarding various versions of maps floating out there.

Personally, I like it that we have a variety of maps to play on - I feel it adds longevity to the game. But when there are several versions of a map, it can get frustrating to which one is the "correct version". I'm glad Brody is willing to make a Map Pack that includes all versions of maps. [Side note: Many thanks to Brody for running Thievery Customs (where I tend to download all my maps from).] It is also for this reason that I host the maps I run specifically on tORJ's website for convenience. But as pointed out in this thread, apparently those maps are not the "correct" versions either and that is why I'm posting this.
  • Which version of <insert map title> is the current release?

The names of file names can be misleading. A map might be released - "version #1". The author makes some changes and calls it "FINAL". But then after further play testing, the author changes the map and now it is "version #2". If someone doesn't follow the map releases that closely (I haven't been lately) a person might be browsing a download site, and assume the "FINAL" version is the most current up-to-date version only to find out the servers aren't running it.

• Why keep older versions of official maps?

If only minor changes were made to an official map, shouldn't we stick to the new, current official map? For example, what are the differences between the three "Classic" maps available (Aquatone, Bourgeois, Korman) and their current versions? Should we bring back other official maps as classics (as suggested in an earlier post above)? I can see bringing back an official map as a "Classic" if the current one is broken or has glitches that ruin game play, or is noticeably different.

When it comes down to it, I prefer to only keep one version of a map (the current) available on the server unless there is a definite difference between an older and newer version - then I can see having multiple instances of maps available. An excellent example of this is Bourgeois (the older official map is smaller, while the newer official map was expanded).
Old 10th May 2006, 04:52 AM   #15
Brody

I c excact your Problem, cuz that is excact my, too.

As Example:

LordBeck has 2004-10-01
LordBeckb2 has 2004-10-28
LordBeckv2 has 2004-10-25

Th-Cult 2004-01-28 (zipname Th-Cult beta version, unr name Th-Cult)
Th-Cult 2004-02-03 (zipname Th-Cult final, unr name Th-Cult)
There was the Situation, that CrkZ Server run Th-Cult in its latest Version as "Th-Cult_final", also Chief has given the name "Th-Cult". So came the diff Names on Diff Servers.
I run Th-Cult in its latest Version and same run as Th-Cult Final.
That was confusion, too.

Thievery Customs Centre
Vietcong Customs Centre
Old 10th May 2006, 04:57 AM   #16
Brody

ok, THIS is the current Content of Th-Mappack 6.0.

Please watch it and let me know, if there is something Missing, so i can include it.

Thievery Customs Centre
Vietcong Customs Centre
Old 10th May 2006, 10:37 AM   #17
PhaeThorn

Location: This pwnage was given to you by 1 of 3 mutated thievery players.
So there is not going to be a TH-Mappack lite ? ( As in: the maps that people voted the most for. And also removing the useless maps like TH-chatspace )
On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE
PhaeThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2006, 11:50 AM   #18
Brody

Well, i got kind of Packmood, atm.

Suggestions are welcome.

I ve asked M2 to close Thread, because i figured, that Maps in their latest Stand would be not that popular as their older Versions. In that Moment, how and who can ever get all right for the Majory?

Thats why i thought better to leave that and just included all Maps, wether if popular or not, wether if good or not.

But sad, only Poll was disabled, instead of the full Thread, hehehehe.
But for the Lite Pack Idea, maybe M2 can enable the Poll again? Then we let run it and see, what will be the Content of the Community Lite Pack

But i do fully agree to drop unfinished Maps. There is no need to have them.

I just have created a Classic and Retro Installer. I can do a Lite Pack, too. Just suggest me what to include

The Installers come with the comfort Function, to install automatically in the current Thievery Installation.
Classic Maps do have the Suffix "classic" in their Name, Retro Maps do have the Suffix "-14" in their Name, so this Way, no current actual Map gets overwritten.

Classic and Retro are not new Packs in that Way, i just created them new to have the comfort Automatic Install Function.

Getting Released soon, Friday latest ETA

Thievery Customs Centre
Vietcong Customs Centre
Old 10th May 2006, 12:44 PM   #19
Bandit

1. I told you once a while ago, Th-Mausoleum has been not published released, Bandybear. In fact ToB run it on their private Server and forgot to remove it, as they switched their Server for public. So in this Fact i will not let anyone vote it, because i also dont have it to pack into the Mappack. [...]
We spoke about different map. It was TH-DasaCellars not TH-Mausoleum.
I c excact your Problem, cuz that is excact my, too.

As Example:

LordBeck has 2004-10-01
LordBeckb2 has 2004-10-28
LordBeckv2 has 2004-10-25
[...]
TH-LordBeckB2 has bigger file than TH-LordBeckv2 and preview screenshots are not the same... Maybe only screenshots were changed.

Originally Posted by Scrawprin:
Why keep older versions of official maps?
I want to bring back old TH-BreakOut, because people don't want to play on new version, because there are bugs and it's too easy for thieves.

IMO suffix "-14" isn't good because it looks like version of map. "Classic" is better or as you called - "Retro".

Brody, look at this picture:

Old 10th May 2006, 01:16 PM   #20
Keggie

Maybe you should ask Phaetorn Nicely for the updated maps

Originally Posted by PhaeThorn in 1.6 thread:
Breakout and Skelstonhead have both been updated. Got themselves rid of the nasty holes and a few other bugs.
Videos - YouTube
Keggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2006, 02:13 PM   #21
Brody

hm.

Th-DasaCellars has been not pub released, has it? I never saw it. If public released, where can i get it to include, plz?

The Double Space is a Program Bug. not mine this Time, muahaha.

Also i ll fix it, thx Bandybear.

I would suggest to call the old, real Classic Maps Korman, Aqua and Bour as "classic" as Suffix in their Name, because that they do have LONG time, before i did that.

Therefor we could think about RETRO Suffix for 1.4 Basic Maps.

<<open for ideas

Thievery Customs Centre
Vietcong Customs Centre
Old 10th May 2006, 04:44 PM   #22
Scrawprin

The following is from the various "Change Lists".
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -

What older official maps do we want to see made available?

- I like the idea of keeping the "Classic" maps as v1.2 and earlier, with v1.3/v1.4 being the "Retro" maps? Or do we want to rename them something that is "th-kormanClassic12" vs. "th-kormanClassic14"?

- When was Breakout ever touched (based on the Change Lists)? Were there other maps that were updated so drastically but not listed above?

- How do we want to go back and get the old maps? I'm sure Brody, myself and others are willing to host them. I really like Brody's idea for a number of map packs - one for each set (versions).

Last edited by Scrawprin; 10th May 2006 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11th May 2006, 01:54 AM   #23
Brody

Since Years is a "Classic Mappack" known and out, this is a Zipfolder, holding
Aqua
Bour
Kor
with "classic" Suffix in their Mapname. Its not and never been my Idea in this Way, I just created an Installer for that and will publish that on Friday.
Due this "old known Fact" i would suggest NOT to change anything on that.
Classic Map Pack is and should be only these Files, that everyone in the Community already knows what Files they are.

The Retro Map Pack is an Idea of Agga (...hey Agga ), which was created Months ago. There we put the Basic Maps from Thievery 1.4 with the Suffix "-14" in it. This because there are People, more like to play "the good old 1.4 Maps".
Only Difference to that Retro Map Pack i have created now is, that the Suffix is changed from "-14" to "Retro" in their Mapname.

I would suggest not to do more / other Packs for Maps from 1.2 / 1.3, because 1.4 came to fix Bugs in Maps.

Summary i have
Classic Map Pack (Aqua, Bour and Kor in the 1.2/earlier Version)
Retro Map Pack (all Basic Maps in the 1.4 Version)
Custom Map Pack (all Custom Maps in their latest Version+Preversions of several Maps, you suggest me to put in)

As i ve figured now (Bandybears Post, thx, Bandybear), Geromenew is the preversion of the TuT 1.6 Basic Gerome. So there is only 1.6 Gerome and Geromenew2, the Bugfix Version from Chief.
We could add Geromenew2 addtional to the Installation, but same we can change the 1.6 Basic Version with the Geromenew2 Version, by dropping and renaming the Files. The Installer can do that.
But there is one Prob i c:
That would mean everyone is using the Mappack 6.0. If not, they would have the TuT 1.6 Geromeversion, and so far the Map gets voted, they ll have a Map Mismatch and would get kicked.

How can we fix that?
A Serverinstaller? Holding those Custom Fixed Maps for the Basic, to replace them?

Thievery Customs Centre
Vietcong Customs Centre

Last edited by Brody; 11th May 2006 at 05:44 AM.
Old 11th May 2006, 10:08 AM   #24
Scrawprin

I like the idea of keeping "Classic" maps as still the three from v1.2, and to have "Retro" referring to the v1.4 maps. This does lead to two quick questions for clarification:

<strike>1) Why were only the three maps from v1.2 kept as Classics and not all maps?</strike> --- Nevermind, I see in the Change Lists these were the only three updated.

2) Why are all maps from v1.4 being kept as Retro and not only the ones that were changed/broken noticeably (such as Breakout and SkelstonHead)? Here is the full list of changed/updated maps (per the Change Lists):
  • Th-Gerome
  • Th-Flats
  • Th-Theatre
  • Th-Folly
  • Th-Grange
  • Th-Korman
  • Th-Nostalgia
  • Th-SkeltstonHead
If we include Breakout too (as it seems to be broken), then that is nine (9) maps updated. I don't see any reason to include the rest.

As for the new/updated Gerome map being referred to, I don't think we should overwrite any official maps since v1.6 is still the most current release. It could be confusing and frustrating for a new player of Thievery if they download v1.6 then without downloading any custom maps (this includes Classic, Retro and unique custom maps) they go to play and find they don't have the additional downloads needed. It takes away from the polished feel of the mod that Black Cat Games has strived for.

Also, I'm looking at the longevity of the mod, hoping to keep it from becoming an "unfriendly" mod for newcomers (i.e. ...first download a patch for UT, then download TUT, but wait - don't forget to download all the custom maps or map packs otherwise you can't play online... nevermind they aren't included as official maps, you just can't join us old veterans if you don't update your maps...).

Last edited by Scrawprin; 11th May 2006 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12th May 2006, 01:36 AM   #25
Convict

Originally Posted by Bandit:
Quote from Thievery Customs: "This is just a slightly modified Geromenew that removes the chimney stuck bug. There are NO other changes." Maybe we should remove the official TH-Gerome from servers and put there TH-Germoenew2?
I'd like to see this made the standard version of Gerome. It would mean that dling the game for newbies included this instead and also old players would need to update.
Convict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 02:30 AM   #26
Scrawprin

Originally Posted by Convict:
I'd like to see this made the standard version of Gerome. It would mean that dling the game for newbies included this instead and also old players would need to update.
I'm all for having a fixed map in place, but until it is released in the next update as an official map, I say let's not replace the official map and treat version #2 of Gerome as a custom map for now. Just my two cents.

I still would like to know what is planned for the "Retro Map Pack" - as posted above, I still think the nine maps I listed should suffice as Aquatone and the other official maps not listed were not touched for v1.5 or v1.6. At least that is how I setup the "Retro Map Pack" I'm hosting currently.

Side note regarding this discussion:
This is one reason I still stick around Thievery - the community overall is awesome! I know we are discussing maps for TUT, but that we are doing so in such a way that shows we respect each other (in my opinion)... Of course if we weren't being nice, BrokenArts and other mods would be laying down the law. :-)
Old 12th May 2006, 03:44 AM   #27
Brody

The Classic Idea once Years ago was created on the Fact, that the three Maps Aquatone, Bourgeois and Korman were so popular. Wether if the current, or the old Version.

The Retro Idea Months ago, was born on the same Fact. The Maps in Thievery 1.4 were very popular. This is why the Idea was born to keep them up to play in v1.4 in a Retro Pack.

These Packs had never anything to do with bringing up updated/fixed Maps, etc.

So there is no need to sort only those Maps that have been fixed/updated in any Way. It was the Populary, that brought up these Packs.

Only Mappack that brings updated/fixed Maps is Th-Mappack, current Version 6.0. The Th-Mappack brings always ALL current Custom Maps in their latest Stand.

Thievery Customs Centre
Vietcong Customs Centre
Old 12th May 2006, 10:51 AM   #28
FatRatHead

You ought to put KAM's skelly21 there instead of the current one IMO.
FatRatHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 10:58 AM   #29
Convict

And then there's FRH's new Gerome bug - it's a pretty decent bug!

Water arrowing candles in the barracks keeps the room looking lit but in fact it is dark.
Convict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 11:22 AM   #30
]>CoD<[Chief

and if aquatone14 is still in any mappacks the ThItemMutatorsBetaFinal should be added instead of the very old one included in aqua14 to stop people getting the version mismatch for ThItemMutators on servers hosting aqua14.