Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beggars point.. '§%)"/) !!11

hey guys o/

ok.. so i tortured myself through this darn campaign and reached beggars point.. mission 4. i think it is.. (no really... this campaign somehow forces you to almost solo most levels with demo.. singleplayer that is.... iam not a fan of soloing)

aaanyway.. so i finally found a kinda save route through the mine field... found an effective tactic to kill the big black aliens... MANAGED TO HOLD THE DARN BUILDING for 5 mins... with 2 ammo packs + sentry + akira. (which is imho pretty hard on normal sp with bots)

ok.. so i watched the ammo of my bots to run dry... and finally i get the message "Objective completed: defend the station" thought to myself... *phew!* but then... NEW OBJECTIVE: Escape!

but where to? the building is surrounded and you want me to charge out to some unknown not mentioned-in-any-way location?.. while the first 2 of my marines already shouted "OUT OF AMMO!"

Where do i have to go to "Escape"?

sere

to the dropship of course
    also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

oh yeah... of course... the dropship!
      oh wait.... where is the dropships landing place.. actually?

Comment

In the secret hidden place that you can only find by having NV goggles!

Yeah, have you looked on the objective screen? Is there any *hints* to where it is? Or, is there notes and signs around the map or something?
        http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...isoldier28.png

Comment

Get out of the building by north gate and goes north-west in the sand (no mines theres). You cant miss, the ship is really big.
          My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
          And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

listen to the cowboy pilot - he tells you the ship is touching down "northwest of your position"

Comment

*muffled snigger*

Comment

oh right.. ill just tell the aliens to stfu as long as the pilot is talking (i doubt that it's considered "voice" and thus raising the voice volume won't work)

Comment

It's probably considered sound though, so raising that volume might help. The stim music is also considered sound.
                  Based on a true story.
                  The prequel.

Comment

Originally posted by sereal View Post
                    oh right.. ill just tell the aliens to stfu as long as the pilot is talking (i doubt that it's considered "voice" and thus raising the voice volume won't work)
                    I'm pretty sure if you ask nicely they'll keep quiet. Would you keep quiet if some random guy who looks like he came from mars told you to "stfu"?
                    Blow me Away. A good song.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Bunny View Post
                      It's probably considered sound though, so raising that volume might help. The stim music is also considered sound.
                      yeah.. but if i raise sound volume.. gunfire sound and alien sounds are also raised.. and the results are pretty much the same as before.

Comment

BTW, how do you get past landmines, especially the one at the very beginning of the level?

It says you can defuse them using the demoman, but I'm not sure how.

Comment

I tried this solo on the canada/american server a few tries. To disarm the mine at the very beginning, take a explosives expert, walk NEXT to the mine (not on, sometimes you have to keep trying by tapping the movement key towards it), right click it and hit "disarm mine" at the very top. The mine will disappear but you don't seem to get an extra mine (or at least, if you're full of that mine you cannot get more).

It took me about a dozen nade launches with everyone away from the whole area before I thought that there's gotta be a better way to do this...

BTW I'm a thievery go-er, but I recently started up alien swarm, I go by the name of Ragnarok but I think I'll change my name in game to Rikimaru since this is my name in Thievery =D

Comment

Just shoot the gas bottles with a grenade. But dont stay too close!
                            My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
                            And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

You can also blow them up with a few well placed rounds from a rifle.
                              Based on a true story.
                              The prequel.

Comment

Working...
                              X