is there a way to skip "mercury" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a way to skip "mercury" ?

i just recently realized that i have only ever been able to complete one of the two objectives in "mercury" in my single player campaign. until just recently i didn't even realize there were 2 areas i was supposed to plant explosives.

i can't complete this mission. not a chance. it is unfortunate that i am realizing this after banging my head against it for the better part of 6 hours. until i realized that i was only getting 1 of the two objectives wired with explosives i was able to convince myself i might somehow pull it off.

is there a way to skip this mission in the telic campaign? is there a cheat code i can enter or some other method i can use to simply put this one behind me and move on or is my telic campaign done?

ooh dear...

just keep trying its a whole lot more rewarding when you do finally complete it!, you dont want to feel like a dirty rat for skipping a map now, do you?

Comment

I would realy suggest keep on trying. Maybe play it online with other people? Then it's no longer that hard.

But if you want to see the next map before you get to frustrated you can skip it by typing the following into your console:

admin SmoothAndByTheNumbers
      www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
      http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

thanks

thanks felix. i will try it online but in my single player campaign i honestly dont think it is possible. i am confident that to accomplish the goals you need at least two groups working independently and simultaneously. if there is some method to complete the map with only one player id love to hear how.

Comment

everything is possible! ask the insane ramboers

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            thanks felix. i will try it online but in my single player campaign i honestly dont think it is possible. i am confident that to accomplish the goals you need at least two groups working independently and simultaneously. if there is some method to complete the map with only one player id love to hear how.
            Don't give up! You can make it!

You know, in Phalanx campaign, there is a mission where you don't have much choice but to split your team in two in order to defuse every bomb on the level (and you have only 2 minutes to do so while the bugs just keep coming). Seems like an impossible task in SP, isn't it?

But you know what? It took me a few tries, but I did it!

Comment

Habitation? You don't need 2 teams, you hacker just needs to have fairly high in hacking skill and a hack tool helps too .
              http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...isoldier28.png

Comment

Originally posted by PsiSoldier28 View Post
                Habitation? You don't need 2 teams, you hacker just needs to have fairly high in hacking skill and a hack tool helps too .
                You don't need two teams, but it can make your task easier. One team to start the countdown and defuse the bombs in the west side of the map, and one team to take care of the east side.

It worked for me, anyway.

Comment

Arg! Somehow, jeremy was right: that mission is hard! I just tried it and now, I'm kinda stuck.

So, you have to set T-75 on each objective, then arm them simultaneously, seal both rooms and escape before the end of the countdown.

Is that it?

Comment

Nope. You don't need to do anything simultaneously. You need to seal the room (except the door you're leaving through ) place the t75, and then get out and seal the door behind you. If you got everything sealed up right (two doors + entrance to seal in each room,) you'll be safe, otherwise everything explodes.
                    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Having to have two teams in separate places do something at relatively the same time would make an interesting map objective though.
                      Based on a true story.
                      The prequel.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D View Post
                        Nope. You don't need to do anything simultaneously. You need to seal the room (except the door you're leaving through ) place the t75, and then get out and seal the door behind you. If you got everything sealed up right (two doors + entrance to seal in each room,) you'll be safe, otherwise everything explodes.
                        Easier said than done! Even with a stim pak, I can't reach and seal the last entrance before the T-75 detonates. Either I'm too slow (because of the rest of my squad) or it's because of the Swarm.

Any suggestion on how I should proceed?

Comment

Blitz tactic! Once the T-75 is armed, don't stop for anything until that button is pressed, and that door is closed! The button needs to be hit by around the 7-8 second mark.

Also, be quite certain that you close the other two doors before setting the T-75 by using their respective buttons. The south target has two doors on the south side, and the north target has two doors on the north side. Aliens spawn from those entrances as well until you close them.

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa View Post
                            Blitz tactic! Once the T-75 is armed, don't stop for anything until that button is pressed, and that door is closed! The button needs to be hit by around the 7-8 second mark.

Also, be quite certain that you close the other two doors before setting the T-75 by using their respective buttons. The south target has two doors on the south side, and the north target has two doors on the north side. Aliens spawn from those entrances as well until you close them.
                            That's a good trick, but.. isn't it a bit suicidal? I mean, with all the bugs around, it's getting quite impossible to get past them without losing time or at least one marine.

Comment

Try throwing in a nade before approaching the door switches, as you're running down the platform. Stun and fire nades from the p-rifle or shotgun work best.
                              --

Comment

Working...
                              X