THN Server Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THN Server Four

As of today, THN has a new server called Promethius, and the first thing i did of course is install Swarm on it.

It's got plenty of grunt, and it's hosted in a professional datacenter in the UK so it should be lagfree to all of you. The address is swarm://87.117.203.96:7777/

Enjoy.
    [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
    Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Nice! Ill try it later tonight for sure!

Did THN TS will be hosted on too? Good luck with the your new box. Old THN one was playable with an acceptable ping for me, if this one is on a superior class, it think its gonna be great!

Dont forget to nudge Sniper1 and Squee about adding it on their http servers browser.

Oh, if the new box offer a good ping to ppl from america, EFR insane could be hosted on!

But i want moses in, or im not. Sorry, but hes a too good squad leader to discard him. Tx
    My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
    And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

Originally posted by Pestcontrol View Post
      As of today, THN has a new server called Promethius
      Finaly
      www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
      http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

It's a dual core 2.4GHz Athlon 64 running 64 bit linux. That's a big step up from the single core 2.4GHz P4 that our previous server was.

Originally posted by NoData View Post
        But i want moses in, or im not. Sorry, but hes a too good squad leader to discard him. Tx
        Well, i consider events separate from normal play, so i am prepared to let Moses in just for the occasion. An EFR Insane run sounds like a nice event to inaugurate the server.

TS will be hosted on it too, but it hasn't been moved yet.
        Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

Wow that's good news!

(*dusts off to try out*)

Comment

Yay! Now I can return home ().
            http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...isoldier28.png

Comment

Ran really smooth today.
              Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

change the god damn 7777 port please please please
                www.damarus.deviantart.com

Comment

Why, it's the default port, is it blocked for you?

Comment

Nice to see you getting your pwn on again.
                    ..it's safer here.

Comment

I noticed some warping / fast aliens when playing EFR Bunker last night - both times when we blew up the door to the ammo room, I got some strange lag. Probably more of a map issue than the server though.

Did you finish Beggars Point in the end?

Comment

That's a BulletTimeTrigger (better known as a 'stim') there, not 'strange lag'...

Comment

the port is blocked because my provider is ghay and no ammount of calling him and asking to unlock it helps, everyone plays on 7777 servers so when i turn on ASw i can only see ppl on other server and the 2 avalible to me as usually are empty which is sad and depressing.
                          www.damarus.deviantart.com

Comment

Originally posted by Donator View Post
                            That's a BulletTimeTrigger (better known as a 'stim') there, not 'strange lag'...
                            If stims increase lag and make aliens warp... sure - it was a stim.

Comment

I'll move my servers to other ports later today.

Meanwhile do me a favour and send a bomb threat to your ISP.

Comment

Working...
                              X