No announcement yet.

WWW.ALIENSWARM.DE is online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'd better hurry. I don't know how much longer I can go without seeding.
    Based on a true story.
    The prequel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
      And again - these AS-servers (as.de) are private servers, we pay for the server and the traffic.
      Again, you havent given us a chance, so it aint fair to quote costs in our faces.
      Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• It is fair. They don't owe you anything.
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

• [SERIOUS]Andrew (and all others), we wont charge anyone, nor would this change anything. We dont need nor want donations. This is not THN. We are not school children. We pay the server for other purposes, the AS servers are just a sideproduct. This is our hobby and everyone else can benefit from it.
          We just want you guys to understand that there is no point in making demands.
          I am just tired of A: "lets put it to 8 people" - B: "Why is it on 8 people?"
          We can not make it right to all people, so I just stop trying and do what we think is best.

The discussion is done for me now - OVER AND OUT !!![/SERIOUS]
          www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
          http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

• UPDATE - One Big Change @ the RiftCode Server

Today I made some changes on the ut-servers and the website:
            1. Updated the website - Changed some formats, added the new third server and ip-address, which is 78.47.173.180:7777
            2. Replaced lots of redundent physical files for the Rift and A&T Clan server with softlinks pointing to the first server (this means for example we dont have three times the mapfiles on the disc but just once and two pointers to that file). Now a redundent ut directory is like 120MB instead of 6GB. This is quit cool . However, you wont see a difference
            3. THE notable change I have made, I removed the doubled stims missconfiguration. So, again, a medic has only three stims. All others only one stim.
            4. Enabled the Teslagun on the Rift server

Comment

• Originally posted by Felix View Post
              THE notable change I have made, I removed the doubled stims missconfiguration. So, again, a medic has only three stims. All others only one stim.

Enabled the Teslagun on the Rift server
              Wow, nice. I like those two updates. Makes it more realistic to Alien swarm.
              I solod LC on insane with a perf...I lost the demo
              Williams Has Been Infested.
              Williams has been killed by Jaeger (kjk).
              (I killed Williams with a flamer!)

Comment

Today I made some changes on the ut-servers and the website:
                1. THE notable change I have made, I removed the doubled stims missconfiguration. So, again, a medic has only three stims. All others only one stim.
                2. Enabled the Teslagun on the Rift server
                Were you aware that Telic stims is totally disabled on single mission on rift server?
                Is there any chance you can leave the server like this?
                Is the tesla on DE#1?
                Last edited by Ki!ler-Mk1; 11th Sep 2008, 02:27 PM.
                Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• Originally posted by Ki!ler-Mk1 View Post
                  Were you aware that Telic stims is totally disabled on single mission on rift server?
                  Is there any chance you can leave the server like this?
                  Is the tesla on DE#1?
                  The stims are not disabled, guess the server crashed one time. Its back to normal already. No there is not. No its not

Comment

The stims are not disabled, guess the server crashed one time. Its back to normal already. No there is not. No its not

Why then does aqueduct and savior have tesla chargers on the maps?
                    Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Do they have the symbol when you get close that give you the option to charge it? Because if they don't they may be just there to build up the atmosphere. People on Rhea developing that weapon, wouldn't just have the telsa chargers in one area of it, but around the daylight facility.
                      I solod LC on insane with a perf...I lost the demo
                      Williams Has Been Infested.
                      Williams has been killed by Jaeger (kjk).
                      (I killed Williams with a flamer!)

Comment

• Maybe they can also be used for charging SynPods.
                        ..it's safer here.

Comment

Is that realy a serious question?

Comment

Is that realy a serious question?
                            I didnt think tesla was enabled on single mission on DE#1.
                            Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• Please install AO-Paranoia_V12d*. We miss it.

*This was very hard before telic, perhaps EFR gear might be well atuned here, though a 5 star medic would be better.
                              Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• No way you can beat that version of the map.

Simply not possible.

Yes I am sure.

It is a nice map, but not beatable. Broken. In this 12d version.

I mean, I got a fixed version. Some small improvements done. Greatest of them being that it CAN be finished.

I could upload it somewhere, but I want to pimp it a bit more. No time now, but I promise to do it soon.

(BTW, technically, it is an example of how NOT to map. Nearly all the brushes interlace, awful. It is an outright invitation of the goblin, a miracle that it works at all...

Other than that, it features some nice things, like custom equipment, and custom monsters. These are a problem too, I remember they made the NoData asylum laggy, like no other map did.)
                                Last edited by lightfoot; 17th Sep 2008, 04:10 PM. Reason: "next week" changed to "soon". more likely to be true. X)

Comment

Working...
                                X