Options Mutator. New mutator for Swarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options Mutator. New mutator for Swarm

Stock market are down, recession is here, Lehman Brothers has collapsed and Infested doesn't get any updates. But there is a reason to smile

The Options Mutator. The complete-control-Mutator. The FINAL MUTATOR!

- proudly presented by the Space Engineers -

DOWNLOAD: 1)http://www.alienswarm.de -> downloads -> as -> mutators -> MutAoOption_Oct15_Beta.zip
    2) http://chevaps.com/optMut/MutAoOption_Oct15_Beta.zip
    3) Main link.
    4) just in case link
    INSTALL: Extract to UT2004, keeping zip structure.

PLAY: The mutator requires the following packages: Telic, EFR, RIFTCode and AoMinimuts. You must have installed these packages installed! You will notice that AoMinimuts (created by Pestcontrol) comes with the zip(including gpl license and source code). Furthermore with the zip, you also get CC's created by Felix.

Run Offline:Type in the console
    Code:
    open Ao-Rescue?mutator=AoOptionMut.MutAoOptions
    Do not run this mutator together with Telic,EFR or/and RIFT mutator, because Option Mutator includes them.

Create Server:
    Add "ServerPackages=AoOptionMut" to your ini and add "AoOptionMut.MutAoOptions" to the mutator part of your server starting bat file.

Features:
    I suggest that you read from here. It contains all info about the mutator and it's features.
    However if you want a little preview:
    With the mutator you can play Dm maps as PvP or Team vs Team, having lives. (each time you are about to die, you teleport to a playerstart your health regenerates and you lose a live.).
    It allows realtime weapon and extra-item restrictions. So you can play a campaign using flamers in the 1st mission, telic weapons in the 2nd, Rifles in the 3rd etc!
    It gives the leader/admin the ability to select camera/alien variations. In addition to what you are used to, there are several new alien-variations (parasite/invisible/multiply/random/customalien) that work very much like Uber mode, but spawn different alien classes.
    Stay-together-rule: based on Big D's Mutator, but with more features. It enables you to select punishments for marines ramboing away too far from their team. Disable it, or choose one of the 4 levels, with the highest level resulting in a 20% chance of a ramboing marine getting auto-infested after 30 seconds .
    Some of the options allow you to make the game easier, like AltFF or the weapon hacks. Some are fixes only, in our view.
    But others may make it harder, up to being virtually unbeatable, depending on what settings are chosen. New challenges for old swarmers!
    And many many many more....

Because the mutator has many different features, there are many console commands, making a typo in the ini is easy (and then the mutator won't load) and because some variables require special keywords to work correctly, like “rotation”, or “ramboeasy” etc, I created a helper program included in the zip. After extracting it, the application should be in the following path: UT2004\System\AoOptionMutator Helper\AoOptionMutator Helper.jar. It provides a GUI to customize the ini, and gives many hints about the mutator. It also features a batch-creator, helping you make starting files, either for solo-play or for setting up servers.

CREDITS

Black Cat Games team, for twisting Unreal into such an amazingly stylish, permanently inspiring game!
    This mutator uses ideas (and code) from the Telic mutator, the Unlocks Mutator by Butters/NoData, BigD's MutStickTogether and MutDMend.

Created and coded by Sofos, August through October 2008.

Minor additions/design help/help documents: Lightfoot.
    Testserver: kindly provided by Tchatzi.
    Idea breeding and testing was done by the following Space Engineers: Kjk, Lightfoot, Sgt.Apone, Sofos, Tchatzi, X-Newbie.
    Proofreading help text by Sgt.Apone.
    Additional testing and helpful comments by Moses and FuzzyBunny.
    Sorry if we forgot somebody .

We have tested this a lot, and in many different configurations, until we didn't find any more bugs, inconsistencies or screaming design problems.
    Still, there are some problems left, that we considered being small, or simply didn't find an affordable fix for.
    Last edited by sofos; 17th Oct 2008, 03:15 AM.
    Antikythera mechanism
    KISSSSSS

Mirrored for your ad-free excitement.
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

So, when will we be having a game?

Comment

We will, "multiply"

Comment

good job Space Engineers !!!
          its all I can say!
          bleach forever!!!

Comment

Another Mirror

http://www.alienswarm.de -> downloads -> as -> mutators -> MutAoOption_Oct15_Beta.zip

I am going to modify one of the servers when I find the time for it. Hopfully this night
            www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
            http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

sounds like fun time is back again
              also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                http://www.alienswarm.de -> downloads -> as -> mutators -> MutAoOption_Oct15_Beta.zip

I am going to modify one of the servers when I find the time for it. Hopfully this night
                Thanks, also hope you don't mind including your CC's with the package.
                Antikythera mechanism
                KISSSSSS

Comment

Originally posted by sofos View Post
                  Thanks, also hope you don't mind including your CC's with the package.
                  Na, I feel honored

Comment

Mutator is up and running on the A&T server

Comment

yay cool!!!
                      who want to play ??
                      bleach forever!!!

Comment

What console code brings it up?
                        I solod LC on insane with a perf...I lost the demo
                        Williams Has Been Infested.
                        Williams has been killed by Jaeger (kjk).
                        (I killed Williams with a flamer!)

Comment

Read The Fancy Manual.

Comment

Lol, my bad, I read it after I posted and forgot to edit
                            I solod LC on insane with a perf...I lost the demo
                            Williams Has Been Infested.
                            Williams has been killed by Jaeger (kjk).
                            (I killed Williams with a flamer!)

Comment

The Mutator is also installed on the Space Engineers server, which has been opened up for playing and testing.

That server may be too far away for american folks, but most europeans should be able to play there quite good.
                              It doesn't appear in the (damn) server browser every time, but you can manually connect to dsl.arx.gr

In general, we suggest that you read the help file, but if you feel that it is too long, just remember that 'mutate optionhelp' brings up a list of the commands you can use from in game.
                              Last edited by lightfoot; 23rd Oct 2008, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X