AlienSwarm midgame save: Pls HELP ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlienSwarm midgame save: Pls HELP ...

I started playing AlienSwarm v3.2 on a Mac G5 (no Intel), OsX 10.4 and everything looks very good so far – Idea and execution of this game-mod are simply great – except the fact that there is no mid-game save option. Is this a problem only I have, or is it supposed to be that way? Without mid-game save option every map becomes more than a challenge for me. Can someone pls help?

Yes, this is by design. You cannot save mid-game and resume later. That also seemed challenging for me at first, but I liked it later. Im my opinion there aren't that many missions to play out there, so lack of saves helps you make the most of each one.

BTW, after 50 tries to complete Paracelsus my sqaud behaved just like real marines. We did not run about not knowning what to do and where to go. Everybody knew which position to take, when to shoot, what to hack next and so on. The 51-st successful try was like a good action film with marines rushing through enemy base in 5 minutes, I enjoyed it very much.

Comment

Thanx for that! Omg, I had about 13 attempts until I got finished with the first mission and missions will get harder I guess ;-)

Comment

try to play it online... if you're lucky you will even find some ppl at the few servers left
        "All your bugs are belong to us"

Comment

Yeah, ASw singleplayer is like hosting a birthday party and inviting only yourself. Hey guys...in other news, I'm gonna be playing some Swarm again. I hope I can entice some other oldies to rejoin as well...for old-timey sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses2k View Post
            Yeah, ASw singleplayer is like hosting a birthday party and inviting only yourself. Hey guys...in other news, I'm gonna be playing some Swarm again. I hope I can entice some other oldies to rejoin as well...for old-timey sake.
            Uh oooooh Sounds too scary to be true
            The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

Its worth mentioning that you can pause midgame.
              Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Originally posted by Moses2k View Post
                True . But to become a decent team player I should know all the maps. Anyway, this has become a standard procedure with any new game I start. In UT2k4 I made it to the very upper sniper league, but this works only if you're familiar with the maps.
                C u soon @ multiplayer

Comment

Originally posted by Ki!ler-Mk1 View Post
                  Its worth mentioning that you can pause midgame.
                  Thanx for the link. This provides an extensive overview of all the SP-campains (and other great stuff) which I can work myself through.

Comment

Originally posted by Meister View Post
                    Yes, this is by design. You cannot save mid-game and resume later. That also seemed challenging for me at first, but I liked it later. Im my opinion there aren't that many missions to play out there, so lack of saves helps you make the most of each one.

BTW, after 50 tries to complete Paracelsus my sqaud behaved just like real marines. We did not run about not knowning what to do and where to go. Everybody knew which position to take, when to shoot, what to hack next and so on. The 51-st successful try was like a good action film with marines rushing through enemy base in 5 minutes, I enjoyed it very much.
                    ^^ it took me 20 attempts to make Sigma/Barracks – a hard piece of work – but suddenly you are through. So you are right I think.

Comment

It is also worth mentioning that you can edit posts and have more then one quote.
                      Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Working...
                      X