Does anyone still play AS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone still play AS?

I recently bought the Unreal Deal pack on steam mostly because I wanted to play ut2k4 again, and then I remembered AS, so I was wondering, does anyone still play AS and are there any servers up nowadays?

There are a few servers up, but it's extremely rare to find anyone playing. AS had a very small playerbase, and most of it got sucked into L4D.
    "Spera: Ooh! Ooh! You hear that? A bird singing out amidst our desolation. It's a miracle. The miracle called supper."

--Lucifer #28, Breaking & Entering

Comment

That's not true... I see very few people playing L4D these days. I think it has pretty much run its course until Valve throws some new content in.
      It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Actually, lots of people play L4D, if you look at the serverbrowser (openserverbrowser in console), you'll see that most of the servers will probably be full, at least that's what it looks like for me.

Comment

You could try to gather some Swarmers for a game using this thread. I'd be up for one.

Comment

when I want to play AS I lock into Steam and message wanted players :-) That works like a charm.
            www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
            http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

I don't keep Steam running...for reasons.

Gtalk works, tho; see if you can guess the address.

Comment

Originally posted by s0faking View Post
                Actually, lots of people play L4D, if you look at the serverbrowser (openserverbrowser in console), you'll see that most of the servers will probably be full, at least that's what it looks like for me.
                I'm going by my friends list, which includes a fair chunk of people who would be playing Swarm... There hasn't been more than 3 or 4 people playing at any one time recently, whereas there used to be much much more activity.
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

There hasn't been more than 3 or 4 people playing at any one time recently, whereas there used to be much much more activity.
                  Funny, you could say the exact same for swarm...

Hmm, not that funny when you think about it.
                  Last edited by DarkLord75; 4th Jan 2009, 01:19 PM.
                  "Spera: Ooh! Ooh! You hear that? A bird singing out amidst our desolation. It's a miracle. The miracle called supper."

--Lucifer #28, Breaking & Entering

Comment

Curse you, English language!!

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D View Post
                      I'm going by my friends list, which includes a fair chunk of people who would be playing Swarm... There hasn't been more than 3 or 4 people playing at any one time recently, whereas there used to be much much more activity.
                      The only one I ever see on is oerbie. What time, if you recall, do these folks usually play?

Comment

Hm, I'd be willing to try and get a group together, but the problem is, I looked at the server listings and I won't ping any lower than 200 on any of them so idk if I'll be that useful, unless there's some US servers.

Comment

What ports need to be open to host? Anyone know offhand?

(in before letmegooglethatforyou.com)

Comment

Try 7777

Comment

I am online mostly about 21:00 GMT, but i wait only 30-40 min end if no one connect i quit.

Btw. Why this site is soo out of date?
                              http://www.iaf-database.com/servers/servers.php

Comment

Working...
                              X