Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAF Database Missing?

Hey all,
    First off I'd just like to say I got this mod yesterday I can't stop playing it. It's ridiculous. In a good way. Anyway so after trying the campaigns I've found so far (Phalanx, Telic, EFR) I was hoping to get some more maps and the like, but all the links to the IAF database have lead me to a page saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" I was wondering if someone could shed some light on this. Very sorry if this came up in a different post, I glanced over many of them and didn't see anything about this. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    -Karacle

The IAF DB is unlikely to be making a return. Your best bet is the downloads section on http://www.alienswarm.de/
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

There are a some swarmers left, that probably would show up if a game is scheduled in advance, here at the forum. We are few, but, mmh, let's say, exquisite.

You might consider installing steam, and join the BCG group. That way, you can see who is online, and send/get invites, raising your chances to get a game together.

Singleplayer mode swarming is good, but multi is where the real fun is.

And another tip: don't use M$ IE, it eats babies. Get the Firefox instead.

Comment

You mean x's pr0 speedrun records are lost?
        Based on a true story.
        The prequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Bunny View Post
          You mean x's pr0 speedrun records are lost?
          You have to do it all over again!
          www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
          http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

Originally posted by Karacle View Post
            Hey all,
            First off I'd just like to say I got this mod yesterday I can't stop playing it. It's ridiculous. In a good way. Anyway so after trying the campaigns I've found so far (Phalanx, Telic, EFR) I was hoping to get some more maps and the like, but all the links to the IAF database have lead me to a page saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" I was wondering if someone could shed some light on this. Very sorry if this came up in a different post, I glanced over many of them and didn't see anything about this. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
            -Karacle
            Welcome,

when you have joined the BCG group in Steam I can invite you to the alienswarmde group. We play regulary on a german server.
            Most of us start the game from Steam as Non-Steam-Game: Alienswarm, so it is visible for all that a game is going on.
            www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
            http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

We play regulary on a german server.
              play regulary
              regulary
              We do?
              "Spera: Ooh! Ooh! You hear that? A bird singing out amidst our desolation. It's a miracle. The miracle called supper."

--Lucifer #28, Breaking & Entering

Comment

I know I don't.

Comment

Hello AS people! I'm an old time casual AS player, I think I went by iwikecheese or something. I stopped playing due to the difficulty to just pick a game and go.This month 2 of my friends finally got ut2004, so I knew I'd have to make them get AS. I downloaded the game and the only servers are german servers that get laggy for me so I decided to start a server of my own. So if anyone wants to play hit me up on steam. I joined the BCG group and AS group, my name is SuperRipped.
                  AS:I = Abstain from Saying an Iota

Comment

Tempting. Post here too, if you would. Some of us don't always run Steam. Plan enough in advance, and I'll definitely be there. You couldn't keep me away.

Comment

Beware, though. That mutated moose looks cute, but is a creature full of cunning, nuts, bolts, and mischief...

-

That IAF db will maybe make a comeback. Is there any backups of the content? The design was really nice, I think.

Comment

I have an old copy of the FAQ on a hard drive somewhere, but it's not really that useful any more. Many speedrun challenge records were made after it moved to the IAF DB so unless sniper1 or BiG D has backups they might be lost (if I have any they will only be the very early ones).

Doesn't seem to be anything on archive.org, except for the Telic website.

Comment

Some of the times might still be in the thread. I'm pretty sure the Cargo ones are.
                          Based on a true story.
                          The prequel.

Comment

I certainly don't have any backups, and from the sounds of things sniper doesn't either. Let's just pretend I had the best time on Salvage and call it recovered, shall we?
                            It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

I don't know, but I doubt you're the one who had the best time on me.
                              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Working...
                              X