X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wishiwascool
    • Jun 2010

I'm new here!

hey, i bought alien breed: impact a few days ago. it's a pretty decent game but a bit short and the MP is fairly lacking. it made me remember this mod though, i have never played it because i could never find UT2k4 in stores. well now with ut2k4 available on steam i was just wondering if this mod would be worth the 14.99 purchase of ut2k4. mainly im worried that the mod might not have enough active players.
  • Ki!ler-Mk1
    • Apr 2005

It is worth, it, and with the maps avaliable to download at alienswarm.de i can be quite sure it has more singleplayer content than alienbreed impact aswel.

There are active players, just be sure that you get invited to the relevent steam groups, bcg first, and that you launch alienswarm with the steam overlay(ut2004 default should do), and other swarmers may see you playing.

Though, as a new player you might have some problems as the current (european) playerbase which has to play on hard or above. As a result of that you might find jumping in harder than it once was, but if you are clear about being new, and have taken time to do the tutorial i can also assure you we will take it into consideration and help you with loadouts, someone to follow, and perhaps even reduced difficulty.
    Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• Moses2k
      • Oct 2004

Yeah, plan ahead on the Best Time to Game thread, and you'll probably get some joiners.

Comment

• Phantaloz
        • Oct 2004

Don't be afraid to poke people on steam, you might get a couple of people to play with you just by asking everyone.
        The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

• Wishiwascool
          • Jun 2010

i joined the black cat gaming steam group, what other's are there? i would really like to play this game with some real people. if you are playing single player do the other marines just follow you around mindlessly or can you give them orders or switch to them?

Comment

• Phantaloz
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Wishiwascool View Post
            i joined the black cat gaming steam group, what other's are there? i would really like to play this game with some real people. if you are playing single player do the other marines just follow you around mindlessly or can you give them orders or switch to them?
            Play through the tutorial, it'll answer these questions and many more
            The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

• Hybrid
              • Jan 2003

But don't set Faith on fire (multiple times) like I did.

Comment

• Fuzzy Bunny
                • Sep 2004

i joined the black cat gaming steam group, what other's are there?
                There's alienswarm.de. They're not all German.
                Based on a true story.
                The prequel.

Comment

• Wishiwascool
                  • Jun 2010

i found the alienswarm.de group and it said it was invite only. guess ill have to play on one of their servers once i get ut2k4 downloaded.

Comment

• Moses2k
                    • Oct 2004

Don't play with Fuzz; he'll teamkill you as soon as look sideways at you.

Comment

• Chainsaws
                      • Jan 2003

I don't see why not. They lower the difficulty for me and I'm certainly not new
                      One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -
                      The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

• Wishiwascool
                        • Jun 2010

ok i got it up and running, definitely fun but i can see how it would be much more fun to actually play with people.

edit: when i try to play online i see 4 servers; the alienswarm.de servers and then two passworded servers. is that all there is out there?
                        Last edited by Wishiwascool; 6 Jun 2010, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Fuzzy Bunny
                          • Sep 2004

i found the alienswarm.de group and it said it was invite only. guess ill have to play on one of their servers once i get ut2k4 downloaded.
                          If you see Rob or Felix online, they'd be the ones to bother about an invite. If you want, I could get you an invite to the Moose Squad, since apparently I've been made an admin. That's really more of a club for washed up retired veterans, though...
                          Based on a true story.
                          The prequel.

Comment

• Felix
                            • Apr 2006

I am going to invite you, next time I am online with Steam.

Welcome
                            www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
                            http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

• Jimyd
                              • Jun 2004

ok i got it up and running, definitely fun but i can see how it would be much more fun to actually play with people.

edit: when i try to play online i see 4 servers; the alienswarm.de servers and then two passworded servers. is that all there is out there?
                              If you see me with the Grenade Launcher, DBL-Barreled Shotgun, and T75; RUN.

Comment

Working...
                              X