Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you control your units?

hello just wanted to drop by and wish you luck on your project
    I am a leader of another mod that changes UT2k3 from first person shooter into a RTS game where you control large numbers of units.
    I was wondering if you have gotten a mouse cursor ingame for selecting and moving units?

Whats the name of your Mod? LINK! LINK! :grin:
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

Hi barnEbiss.

No, Alien Swarm doesn't use an RTS-like control method. It has controls like Crimsonland, Abuse, Xenomorphs and so on, where you control the movement and aiming of a marine directly. You can issue orders to the other marines to follow you or hold position, they'll crouch down and cover areas, shooting any bugs they see. You can also switch between which marine you're directly controlling at any given time. In co-op mode you can split the marines up between the players, ordering and controlling a few each.

Comment

So you get a squad to start with and that's your life pool or are there reinforcemnts?
        One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -
        The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Ah cool look forwards to seeing this mod come out

oh and the link to our mod site
          www.uskaarj.beyondunreal.com

We just finished getting fog of war ingame and our now working on tweaking it and starting on Net code

Comment

Dalai knows lots about lots opf stuff
            SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpamSlayer
              Dalai knows lots about lots opf stuff
              That might be related to the fact that he made it... :roll:

Comment

lol yeah probably...where did Dalai get all his genuis ness from? ldhat:
                SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

hey NICE! first NightBlade now this! /me passes out
                  I am of the Night

Comment

welcome barnEbiss! I hope you have fun here!
                    "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

I told people about USkaarj for UT, now didn't I?
                      I spa.. err used the chat text box on the servers praising it.
                      But unfortunately for the most part the TUT community is ignorant when it comes
                      to other UT mods or mutators.
                      AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                      Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                      Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Ignorant, no.
                        Arrogant, maybe...
                        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

A while ago, I released a mod (unique to my knowledge) called Proelium, which is a top-down view, arcade style action shoot everything with powerups, new weapons, experience level system, and more.

I've also been working on a new mod idea, something I know nobody has done before (but Alien Swarm is reminiscient of), called Combine. It combines elements of Syndicate with squad based tactical combat and a unique order system (to allow you to setup complex series of commands built from a set of simple ones).

Reason I'm posting at all is that Alien Swarm looks really interesting (a lot like the Aliens mod for UT2k3 that never was released). If anyone is interested, I can provide a download link to a latest build of Combine (has a test map, readme, and fully functional AI).
                          - Pfhoenix
                          http://www.marblemadness.com
                          http://mep.beyondunreal.com

Comment

Working...
                          X