Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did you all learn your coding skills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did you all learn your coding skills?

Where did you all learn your coding skills?
    And how do i submit pictures to posts?
    Turbo
    Practice makes perfect so stop your bitching.

Where did who learn their coding skills?

To put pictures in posts you need to host them elsewhere and use img tags. You can't attach them in these forums.

Comment

I learnt my kinda coding by opening up the thievery weapons and items and looking at the codes and how they work etc. what I couildnt get working in code I did in the default properties. :grin:
      [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

I rather suspect he's asking about the guys writing a lot of hard core code for the gametypes, like Dalai and Immort.

In which case it's likely they simply started off back in the day with Basic or C and gradually picked up some heavy knowledge.
        Nightmaster,
        .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
        - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

University is a pretty good place to pick up coding skills.
          Immortius' Forge

Comment

Comment

With basic Java or C++ knowledge Unreal Script is pretty easy to learn within a month...
              Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

Kinda confusing at first with everything being a sub-class of something else or a sub-sub-sub class
                One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                -
                The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Heh. If it was a true OO language then classes could be subclasses of multiple different classes, which may even share superclasses themselves.
                  Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaws
                    Kinda confusing at first with everything being a sub-class of something else or a sub-sub-sub class
                    But once you get this, you can look at almost anything and have a basic understanding of what's happening.
                    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

I was just asking because this fall im going to educate for programming games and stuff.
                      I also have plans for starting my own company sometime in the future.

Im looking very forward to your project.
                      PS:
                      I have a concept of an assault rifle i made if any of you are interested, its drawn in pixels cuz im not good with mouse drawing.
                      Practice makes perfect so stop your bitching.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo
                        I was just asking because this fall im going to educate for programming games and stuff. I also have plans for starting my own company sometime in the future.
                        Egad, you're going to teach?!?! ...Typical college professor :roll:

Subs in subs in subs is actually very logical and gives programmers that warm fuzzy feeling. If it scares you, possibly you're not the type of person that can naturally program.
                        "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
                          Subs in subs in subs is actually very logical and gives programmers that warm fuzzy feeling. If it scares you, possibly you're not the type of person that can naturally program.
                          And once it's hardcoded into your brain, normal people will never understand your logic ever again...
                          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Hahaha last time I ordered a sandwich I said: I want the same sandwich as my brother's but with salami instead of ham and tomato instead of lettuce. And he told me "that's no the same" lol. This programming stuff is messing with my brain

For those that didn't understand I inherited my brother's sandwich and altered a few properties :grin:
                            Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Joker
                              Hahaha last time I ordered a sandwich I said: I want the same sandwich as my brother's but with salami instead of ham and tomato instead of lettuce. And he told me "that's no the same" lol. This programming stuff is messing with my brain

For those that didn't understand I inherited my brother's sandwich and altered a few properties :grin:
                              Mmmmmm, OOP.... damn, now I'm hungry.
                              me videre non potes, occultatione gero....
                              [You can't see me, I'm wearing camouflage....]
                              -CaligoIpsa

Comment

Working...
                              X