Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, Lets say Alien Swarm is relelased, first step?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Lets say Alien Swarm is relelased, first step?

I know Alien swarm and NB are supposed to be for UT2k3/4, but with recent netcode changes I notice lots of mods doing seperate conversions of UT2k3 & UT2k4, assuming that the original plans for the 2 games to be similar have lost that luxury, so which game should we be using to install Alien swarm mod to? If we were to DL this mod today, where is my first step? the UT2k3 folder or the UT2k4 folder? And I haven't looked yet, but which Expansion packs are required? DE bonus? Epic bonus? Just wnat to give us all a chance to prepare for the release so we can begin playing immediately.

Ut2k4...
    Doing seperate versions is to cumbersome, and would split the community.

Comment

you need ut2k4, no expansion packs..... we agreed that having to install expansion packs is annoying.

Comment

cool, txs for the info

Comment

Originally posted by solaris
          you need ut2k4, no expansion packs..... we agreed that having to install expansion packs is annoying.
          but u could still do extra maps (one map every two months).

Comment

Originally posted by Kasto
            Originally posted by solaris
            but u could still do extra maps (one map every two months).
            Expansion packs, as in those official maps and gametypes released for ut2k3.

Comment

I've noticed on the Alien swarm site that there is no mention of UT2k3 or UT2k4, this can be very misleading. There is also no mention that this is your entry into MSUC, I think a little info regarding the engine and purpose would get this game a lot more publicity and hype it up as something that people would want to play if they have the ut2k4 games and after reading that its the hot item up for the contest.

Comment

Working...
              X